Recipe Samuel Adams Chocolate Cream Stout Cake Hops and Barley Market Epcot
Yield: 6 Servings
4 TB butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Samuel Adams Cream Stout
4 TB cocoa powder
1. Butter an 8-inch cake pan with 2 tablespoons of the butter and pre-heat the over to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the remaining butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg and the egg yolk.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder into a separate bowl.
4. Stir the Samuel Adams Cream Stout into the cocoa.
5. Alternately fold the flour and beer mixture into the butter and sugar mixture.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
7. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning the cake onto a wire rack.
8. Leave the cake to completely cool before slicing.
If you like, serve with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.