Recipe Pork Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce Greece
1/2 lb. Lean pork
1/2 whole Onion
1/2 whole Green Bell Pepper
4 whole Cherry Tomato
1/2 whole Orange, Juiced
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 whole Garlic Clove, chopped
1/2 tsp. Thyme, fresh, chopped
1/2 tsp. Coriander Seed, crushed
To taste Salt
To taste Pepper
Fresh Thyme Sprigs
1. To make the marinade, in a bowl, mix together orange juice, oil, garlic, thyme, coriander seeds, salt and pepper.
2. Cut pork into 3/4 cubes and add to marinade.
3. Mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
4. Cut onion into quarters and separate the layers.
5. Cut bell pepper into small squares, removing core and seeds.
6. Layer pork, onion, pepper, and tomatoes onto 8 bamboo skewers.
7. Preheat grill or broiler.
8. Cook turning occasionally 10 to 15 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
9. Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce, garnished with orange slices and fresh thyme.