Recipe Pita Bread Greece
2 1/2 cups Bread Flour
1/2 envelope Active Dry Yeast (package)
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 3/4 cups Water
1. Sift flour, stir in yeast and add salt into a large bowl.
2. Combine oil and enough water to make a soft dough.
3. Turn dough out on to a floured surface.
4. Knead dough thouroughly 10 minutes or until cmooth and elastic.
5. Cut into 12 equal size pieces, rolling each piece into a ball, then roll out to an oval shape 7 inches long.
6. Place on floured trays, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place for one hour or until doubled size.
7. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
8. Oil two baking sheets and place into oven to heat. Place three pita breads on each sheet and sprinkle with water.
9. Bake 5 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
10. Remove from baking sheets and wrap in a cloth while baking remaining bread.