Recipe Irish Lamb Stew Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
Serves 4 – 6
3 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled
2 Medium Spanish Onions
2 ½ Pounds Lamb Shoulder, 1 inch cubed
2 ½ Teaspoons Kosher Salt
2 ½ Teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Fresh Thyme, chopped
3 Cups Lamb Stock or Chicken Stock
1 Cup Water
2 Tablespoons Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven 325 degrees.
2. Cut one pound of the peeled potatoes into ¼ -inch slices/circles. Place the potatoes in a large heavy bottom pot with lid or Dutch oven.
3. Peel and cut the onions lengthwise into half moons, place half on top of potatoes.
4. Place the lamb cubes (or chops can be substituted) on top of the potatoes and onions.
5. Add thyme. Season with half of the salt and pepper.
6. Add stock and water.
7. Take remaining onions place on top of lamb.
8. Cut the remaining potatoes in half. Place halves on top, add remaining salt and pepper.
9. On stove top, heat the pot with lid on until a boil appears, remove from heat.
10. Place a sheet tray on the bottom shelf of oven and place covered pot in the oven.
11. Cook without stirring for 2 hours.
12. Serve with parsley over the top.