Recipe ANCHO CHILI RUBBED SALMON The Crystal Palace Restaurant Magic Kingdom
Yield – 10 servings
3 each ancho chilies (rehydrated in 1 cup water)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 side Salmon fillet
kosher salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place ancho chilies in boiling water and let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Remove seeds and place in food processor with water, brown sugar.
3. Pulse until a smooth paste forms.
4. Drizzle in canola oil.
5. Marinate whole side of salmon in chili paste overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
7. Place salmon fillet in an ungreased pan. Season with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
8. Cook for 15-18 minutes or until firm to the touch.
9. Place on a platter, drizzle with Pistou and serve (recipe below).
PISTOU SAUCE (may be made the day before)
2 cups tightly packed basil leaves
3 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cup mild olive oil
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Add all ingredients except olive oil and cheese in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
2. Drizzle olive oil slowly until a paste forms.
3. Remove and add cheese.