Orange Cilantro Marinated Flank Steak Disney Cruise Line
Skill Level: Moderate
Time: 24 hours
- Whole 6lb flank steak
- 1 bunch cilantro (finely chopped)
- 5 oranges (juiced and zested)
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. picked oregano (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup mil red wine
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. salt
For the Marinade
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender except the vegetable oil.
2. Once blended, place in a mixing bowl and whisk in the vegetable oil.
3. Cover the flank steak completely with the marinade.
4. Marinate for 24 hours.
For the Flank Steak
1. Remove the flank steak from the marinade.
2. Sear both sides on a griddle or pan, place on a baking tray and place into a preheated oven* at 320 degrees for 10 minutes or until medium rare.
3. Remove and rest before carving.
*Can also be done in a covered barbecue grill.
For the Chimichurri
1. Mix all the ingredients together and serve as a side with flank steak.