2014 Flower & Garden Festival
- General Info
- AllEars® Review
- Flower Power Concerts
- HGTV Presentations
- Outdoor Kitchens Menus
- Hummingbird Garden
- Children's Activities
Flower and Garden Festival
Epcot's Annual Flower and Garden Festival
highlights every spring at Walt Disney World
International Flower & Garden Festival Expands to Seven Weeks
Showcases Landscape Magic April 16-June 6
The 11th Annual Epcot Flower and Garden Festival expands to seven weeks of topiaries, 30 million blossoms, color, design and activities for the whole family.
This year's festival showcases new topiary displays of Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck grouped in a "Magical Gathering". Throughout the festival, Tinker Bell, the icon for Magical Gatherings, sprinkles pixie dust!
When you enter Epcot, be sure and pick up a Flower and Garden Festival Guide. In it you'll find a listing of all the displays and exhibits, location and times for all the events and much more.
Each weekend has a unique theme:
Weekend" - April 16,17 &18
"I Dig Bugs Weekend" - April 23, 24 & 25
"Art in the Garden Weekend" - April 30, May 1 & 2
"Mother's Day Weekend" - May 7, 8 & 9
"Photography Weekend" - May 14, 15 & 16
"FamilyFun Weekend" - May 21, 22 & 23
"Memorial Day Weekend" - May 28, 29 & 30
"Festival Farewell Weekend" - June 4, 5 & 6
Highlights for 2004 include:
- Entrance Plaza Topiary celebrates Magical Gatherings with The 'Fab 5' [Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy & Pluto] enjoying a magical gathering and Tinker Bell
- Fragrance Garden (French Pavilion): Presented by Guerlain; "See and Sniff" the flowers that go into the perfumes we know and love.
- River Garden (adjacent to German Pavilion): Presented by RainBird; Where does the water you use come from and what can we all do to help conserve it? Learn the answers in this new garden.
- Julia Barton- unique topiary sculptures from the United Kingdom
- The Ultimate Backyard Gardens- Presented by The Home Depot.
Especially for Kids:
- A new, expanded Disney's DogGone Maze, with shaded digging areas that include mini-backhoes, tunnels, climbing structures and a garden of canine topiaries such as Pluto, Lady and the Tramp, and even Stitch (who thinks he's a dog!).
- The big kids' Space Garden, which challenges children to imagine what plants could look like on planets that might support life. The centerpiece is a 40-foot by 13-foot futuristic rope climbing structure.
- Daily butterfly releases (11 a.m.) and ladybug releases (12:30 and 2:30 p.m.) at the Wildlife Garden, which also features three large butterfly topiaries. A child is selected to help with each release.
- Kidcot Fun Stops at every World Showcase country that entertain children with a lineup of creative activities linked to each country's culture.
Daily Garden Demonstrations & Events
- "Butterfly Release" - 11:00 am
- "Lady Bug Release" - 12:30 pm & 2:30 pm
- "Curb Appeal" (FNGA)
- "Turf Tips" (Toro)
- "Living with the Land"
The Disney Gardening at Home presentations take place Monday - Thursday throughout the festival:
- "Adding Style With Containers" April 19-22
- "Birds, Beasts and Other Relatives" April 26-29
- "Creative Wreaths For All Seasons" May 3-6
- "Big Show, Little Dough" May 10-13
- "Plants With Flavor" May 17-20
- "Bug Patrol" May 24-2
- "A Gardener's Kit" May 31-June 3
Each weekend, you can attend presentations by Garden Experts:
- Paul James (April 16-18) -- Host of HGTV's "Gardening By the Yard"
- Eric Grissel (April 23-25) -- Expert entomologist
- Judi Betts (April 30-May 2) -- renowned watercolor artist, lecturer and author
- Richard Johnson (May 7-9) -- Guerlain perfume specialist
- P. Allen Smith (May 14-16) -- A garden designer and horticulturist, and TV personality on P. Allen Smith Gardens" and The Weather Channel.
- Jane Kirkland (May 21-23) -- Jane Kirkland is a best-selling author, speaker, columnist, photographer, nature enthusiast and radio personality.
- Rosemary McCreary (May 28-30) -- The author of Tabletop Gardens, Houseplants, and Taylor's 50 Best Shrubs
- Tom MacCubbin (June 4-6) -- Central Florida gardening authority
The highly popular Flower Power concerts return to America Gardens Theatre with nightly entertainment from the 1960s and '70s.
Jones - April 16 - 19
The Nelsons - April 20 - 23
BJ Thomas - April 24 - 27
Gary Puckett - April 28 - May 1
Orleans - May 2 - 5
The Grass Roots starring original lead singer Rob Grill - May 6 - 9
Dave Mason - May 10 - 13
The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie - May 14 - 17
Eric Burdon and the Animals - May 18 - 21
Paul Revere & The Raiders - May 22-25
Arlo Guthrie - May 26-28
Felix Cavaliere's Rascals - May 29 - 30
The Buckinghams May 31 - June 3
The Lovin' Spoonful - June 4 - 6
Special Festival Tour -- "Epcot Garden Discoveries" - Join a Disney Horticulturist for a fun and informative walk through the gardens of Epcot. View the Festival through a new perspective as you learn what it takes to create the breathtaking displays with "millions of blooms." Additional Cost and Reservations required - call 407-WDW-TOUR.