Reviews of Yorkshire County Fish Shop

Read more about Yorkshire County Fish Shop:

United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/yorkshire-county-fish-shop/lunch-dinner

Reviewed by seymourmomof3 Review Date: 05/11/2014

We stopped in to have some fish and chips for a late snack on April 20th. The food was really good but it wasn't great like the last time. The fish seemed a little smaller more batter this time. It is very hard to find seating around Yorkshire however we found seating by rose and crown pub next to the lagoon and it was a nice spot to sit and relax.

Pros:

Service

Cons:

No seating

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 09/26/2018

Been eating here every annual visit to WDW and April 2018 was no different. Had to get an order of fish and chips and a pint to enjoy while we watched the British Revolution perform (who are fabulously fun, BTW). This time, the food was not enjoyable. We waited in line for the fish and chips for a very long time and when we finally paid, the cast member told us they had run out of batter for the fish and that the chefs were making more - so that was why the line was so lengthy. We paid, waited at least ten more minutes for our food to be done. Not sure if the kitchen kerfuffle was the reason but the fish was terrible. 90% soggy, oily breading, almost no actual fish to be found. Really, it wasn't edible. Tossed it and enjoyed the beer instead. Oh, well.

Pros:

Not sure there are any pros, as you can get a beer at the Rose & Crown pub or the outside stand, no reason to go here

Cons:

Abysmal fish and chips

Reviewed by mmc55 Review Date: 03/03/2014

Maybe it was bad luck but the product was uncooked. The batter was still wet. I had the fish during another visit is 2012 and it was OK. Still the seating was too limited - we did find seating on the other side of the Rose and Crown - some may think it is part of the Restaurants seating area only. A private party (6p 2/25) made the situation worst - wish Disney would not do that.

Pros:

Cons:

Food/Seating/Price

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 04/24/2019

Stopping here is a must on our visits, always loved the fish and chips ! I was there in January and I don't know what happened , but that was not the same fish and chips I remembered...before the fish was flakey and firm, this time it was almost mushy inside and soaked in grease. Fries were good as usual, very disappointed in the fish. I will probably give it one more try on my next visit to see if it was just an off day.

Pros:

Quick meal

Cons:

Not a lot of seating

Reviewed by debsil4 Review Date: 02/12/2014

I ate here, with two friends, for the first time last week. I had always wanted to try it and it was okay, but I don't think I would eat there again. Maybe it's because of how we fry our seafood in New Orleans, but we all found the fish too moist and almost undercooked. We did like the thicker fries though. We were able to get a table; but the bird droppings on the ground in the area are disgusting.

Pros:

Good portion size

Cons:

Bird droppings on the ground in table area

Reviewed by jlundeen Review Date: 01/12/2013

While every visit we stop here to get fish and chips, we're always really disappointed that there is little to no seating. This time, we ended up standing at the wall overlooking the water, that is after some woman who parked her stroller right in the line of people trying to get to the seating area bumped into my husband, and spilled his beer all over the sidewalk. (She didn't even look up or apologize!)

Love the food, dislike the atmosphere.

Pros:

love the fish and chips

Cons:

no where to sit to eat

Reviewed by hello12345 Review Date: 02/03/2014

The food is a 9.5 all day, everyday. Lack of seating is the first problem. Disney could lose the big round tables with 5 chairs and fit many more square tables with 4 chairs in the seating area. The 4 or 5 park benches in the courtyard do not cut it either when the band if playing. Final issue is the wildlife. I was walking with a tray of food along the main walkway and a bird swooped out of the sky and hit my tray. I had a firm grasp on the tray and it nearly came flying out of my hands. I expect that I may have to fight off birds and other fury rodents when seated along the water. But birds swooping down and trying to grab food as you are walking is over the top. Disney needs to take some steps towards getting rid of this wildlife problem. It is most likely the same wildlife and they now expect to be fed. They have no fear of humans and that is dangerous.

Pros:

Great fish

Cons:

wildlife and lack of seating

Reviewed by Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

Great fish and chips

Pros:

Fast and good

Cons:

Seating

Reviewed by njpaulc Review Date: 05/09/2013

Ate there May 1 for lunch. Our favorite place. They also have outdoor seating by the Rose and Crown. I would have rated this place a 10, but the portion size has become tiny. They used to give you two huge pieces of fish, I was "lucky" to get two small pieces that might have equaled one of the older pieces, my son and daughter's portions were not much bigger.

Pros:

Best Fish and Chips

Cons:

Portion size, seating

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

We stopped here for a quick lunch. We were very pleased. The fish was excellent.

Pros:

We sat on the small attached patio area It was right next to the lake and was a pleasant place to have a bite.

Cons:

N/A