Reviews of Yak and Yeti Counter Service -- Anandapur Local Food Cafes

View Menus at Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes Dining Location

Read more about Yak and Yeti Counter Service here, including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/yak-and-yeti-local-food-cafes

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/11/2013

Despite my rage the last time we tried to eat here, we ate here again. And the seating still stinks. Food was hot and plentiful but drowned in sauce - 7 year old would not eat it. They need to figure out a way to add more seating. Overall OK and since I have an allergy and cannot eat anything at Flame Tree, our choices are a little limited at AK.

Pros:

hot food

Cons:

seating continues to STINK here

Reviewed by BigDisFam Review Date: 09/24/2013

Very good food, all of us (9 on dinning plan) had the orange chicken and banana pudding. Was pleasantly surprised the chicken came with some veggies, and the pudding was awesome, very light. No one, except DS17 finished all their food (but this kid could finish a buffet).

Pros:

Good Food, Big Protions

Cons:

Eating outside

Reviewed by sabu1953 Review Date: 09/08/2013

Wife and I stopped here for a quick bite, and to our surprise....food was excellent! Wife had sweet and sour chicken and it was great! you get a QUART sized container with rice, sweet/sour, the usual veggies and a TON of tempura chicken. Enough for 2! I had the Beef Lomein and it it was as good as our fav place back at home. The chicken fried rice was also very tasty....not a side item to be missed! Too bad the China pavillion at EPCOT doesn't have food this good !

Pros:

Food !!!

Cons:

All outside seating

Reviewed by njnick1 Review Date: 08/30/2013

Good American style Asian food. Lots of seating. Decent portions for price.

Got up to get utensils and condiments and when we got back after a few seconds when saw a duck had jumped up on the table and flipped my daughters chicken fingers on the ground and other ducks made off with them. I assumed i was SOL but the cast member where i obtained our food from replaced the order without hesitation.

Pros:

Tasty food

Cons:

Wildlife surrounding tables

Reviewed by Disney6 Review Date: 06/07/2013

We ate here for lunch on June 4th. We were on the dining plan. The portions were huge, enough to share. Our party had the sweet and sour chicken, the honey chicken, the beef lo mein and a child's chicken tenders. Food was served in take out boxes and it was hot and fresh tasting. For dessert there was a YUMMY chocolate mousse and a frozen lemonade. We would eat here again. The reason for the 9 is that seating is all out door and the birds kept staring at us.

Pros:

Large portions

Reviewed by MM from Connecticut Review Date: 05/25/2013

We ate at Yak & Yeti counter service twice. Recommend the sweet & sour chicken. Large portions, flavorful. Nice switch from counter service burgers. Hard to find a table though ...

Pros:

Great Portions

Cons:

Crowded Seating Area

Reviewed by Oneanne Review Date: 05/18/2013

I ate here for the first time during my 05.11 - 17 trip and was really pleasantly surprised. I had the Sweet and Sour Chicken and some iced tea. The chicken was best quality white meat with not too much coating and there was a bit of vinegar twang to the sauce. The iced tea was unsweetened which was nice and refreshing. I ate an early lunch so there was seating available in the courtyard which was lovely. Will definitely eat here again next trip.

Pros:

Food quality: ambiance of the courtyard seating area

Reviewed by Ldk72 Review Date: 05/12/2013

I ordered the pork egg rolls and chicken fried rice while my daughter had the basket of fries. We both liked what we ordered. We ate our meal on the patio next door. HaHa, watch those ducks. Be aware, their watching your plate just as close as your watching them.

Pros:

good food

Reviewed by tangerinezoe Review Date: 05/11/2013

We had the honey chicken and sweet and sour chicken. It was good, but it was basically Panda Express, ie Americanized Chinese food. They give you a fair amount though, so you're getting your money's worth.

Pros:

good portion size

Reviewed by hilsommer Review Date: 04/28/2013

The chicken fried rice was hot, flavorful and a real bargain. I was also impressed with the speed of service on a busy day.

Pros:

easy and quick, food was hot and tasty

Cons:

congested seating area