Reviews of Yak and Yeti Counter Service -- Anandapur Local Food Cafes

View Menus at Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes Dining Location

Cuisines: Asian
Read more about Yak and Yeti Counter Service here, including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/yak-and-yeti-local-food-cafes

Reviewed by memakwed Review Date: 02/03/2017

Today 2/2/17 we ate here on the dining plan as a quick service choice. We ate around noon. Seating filled quickly. Lots of large family tables instead of just 4 tops. About 50/50 shady and sunny tables. We used two snack credits for 2chicken fried rice's. My husband got the ginger chicken salad. The dressing didn't agree with him so he wouldn't get it again. In the past he has gotten the salad offered and not had a problem. The fried rice is in between a pint and quart. The containers were not full to the top but there was plenty. The chicken was minimal in it but it tasted yummy.

Pros:

good use of snack credit

Cons:

seating

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 03/16/2016

DD12 had snack size chicken fried rice. Great option for a snack credit.

Pros:

Great Snacks

Cons:

No gluten free options

Reviewed by Cstauffer1 Review Date: 11/01/2015

Had quick-service lunch on dining plan and it was quick, despite the crowd. We liked that they let you choose a side item instead of dessert so we had the pork eggrolls, which tasted similar to the frozen ones you cook at home. Food smelled better than it tasted. The sauces on the beef and chicken were lacking in flavor so we were grateful there were packets of sauce on the condiment cart, and what little pieces of meat that were on the dish were slightly mushy. It would have been a lot better if they actually cooked on a bbq instead of just calling it Korean bbq. Overall, just a fair counter service meal.

Pros:

flavor and flexibility

Cons:

lacking in meat, portion size

Reviewed by minniemom Review Date: 10/16/2015

Tired of the standard burgers and chicken strips? Give Yak & Yeti a try. I was skeptical when I saw that it was Asian food, but so glad that we ate here. I had the Korean BBQ chicken that came with pineapple, green and red peppers, onions, chicken, with a sweet and sour BBQ sauce over it, served with white rice. Very good and large portion. Had Coke with it - only one size, and no lids are given and they use paper straws.
Hubby had the special of the day: Chicken curry - not offered on the menu. He loves curry and said it was really good.

Pros:

Tasty!

Reviewed by memakwed Review Date: 06/18/2015

Ate here on trip May 31-June 14. Missed the lomein but instead had the teriyaki beef. It was good but I don't have to have it next trip like I wanted the lomein. DH had the salad with chicken. It was good just like last time. DS used a snack credit for the fried rice. It was great he got it twice over the trip. It is larger than a pint and smaller than a quart. We will eat here again next trip but it wasn't as great as last trip. The seating the first time was fine but the 2nd time couldn't be found and we took the fried rice and ate somewhere else. I like that it's not a burger and fries quick service.

Pros:

great options, good snack credit

Cons:

seating

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 04/10/2015

My friend and I ate here for lunch around 1pm on 3/20. Obviously this is prime lunch time. The lines were moving pretty quickly, but then there was some confusion with the family ahead of us at the register and a manager had to come over, so that slowed things down. We did finally find a table directly in the sun and then had to hunt down chairs-not an ideal situation.

The food is very good and portions are large. My friend and I each got the Honey Chicken. While I miss the "takeout" containers they used to serve the entrees in, the new dishes are definitely easier to eat out of. They have one of my favorite desserts here, the banana pudding, which was great as always.

Pros:

Banana pudding! Huge portions

Cons:

Very crowded and hard to find a seat

Reviewed by tomalawn Review Date: 03/31/2015

Please tell me it's an omission. Where's the duck ?
I've eaten here every trip (sometimes twice) and duck is/was a must. The. Lo mein is the best you'll find anywhere:
But it's not the duck 😢

Reviewed by saraht Review Date: 01/13/2015

I ate here for lunch with friends on 1/11 during our day at Animal Kingdom. We chose it because we were tired of normal park food and wanted something different. I was skeptical because I am very fussy. I ordered the teriyaki bowl and it was delish!! My friends loved their wrap and salad as well. I would eat here again for sure.

Pros:

different food choices,

Reviewed by nick6300 Review Date: 09/10/2014

I usually come here each time I'm at AK because it's different from the burgers, fries, and pizza, and the fried rice for a snack credit is one of the best value choices. On Sept 3, I ordered the honey chicken. Despite many reviewers stating that it's overly sweet, I thought it was tasty. They used to make meals in chinese take-out style boxes, and now it's a segregated plate of meat and rice that's easier to get to (vs. rice on bottom and meat on top). Portion sizes may be a little less than in the past. There's only a little bit of carrots mixed in and I got exactly 1 snap pea (altough I don't really care about that). Your other options are sweet and sour chicken and mong. beef). We got the mousse for dessert and a huge root beer for drink. The mousse was ok, but I'm not huge on chocolate and it's just like the processed pudding you get at the store. I split this w/ the wife and it was a good quick service option. Options at AK are very limited, but Flame Tree prob still the best choice. Restaurantosaurus is like any other burger place, and Pizzasafari is neat place on the eyes (we always visit, even if not eating there) but it's just cafeteria quality pizza.

I was surprised to find that while the wait for food was longer than expected (1pm) there weren't as many birds hawking as usual. Always challenging to find an open table. The one we did find we shared with another family who constantly bumped into my back trying to get by.

Pros:

Tasty food, one of few asian food choices

Cons:

Crowded

Reviewed by Dfan79 Review Date: 05/11/2014

I thought the Honey Chicken was really good, it looks just like the one at the table service, except it's not on a glass plate. It comes in a orange box like you'd get at a Chinese food restaurant. Banana pudding with a vanilla wafer was a good tasty choice.

The only drawback is the outdoor seating. Because it rains a lot, like on the day I went. It has outdoor roofs over some of the tables, but there's not many. So you might have to pit fight another family if you want one.

Pros:

Food, Menu

Cons:

Outdoors

Other topics in Animal Kingdom