Reviews of Yak and Yeti Counter Service -- Anandapur Local Food Cafes

View Menus at Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes Dining Location

Read more about Yak and Yeti Counter Service here, including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/yak-and-yeti-local-food-cafes

Reviewer: memakwed Review Date: 06/18/2015

Ate here on trip May 31-June 14. Missed the lomein but instead had the teriyaki beef. It was good but I don't have to have it next trip like I wanted the lomein. DH had the salad with chicken. It was good just like last time. DS used a snack credit for the fried rice. It was great he got it twice over the trip. It is larger than a pint and smaller than a quart. We will eat here again next trip but it wasn't as great as last trip. The seating the first time was fine but the 2nd time couldn't be found and we took the fried rice and ate somewhere else. I like that it's not a burger and fries quick service.

Pros:

great options, good snack credit

Cons:

seating

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 04/10/2015

My friend and I ate here for lunch around 1pm on 3/20. Obviously this is prime lunch time. The lines were moving pretty quickly, but then there was some confusion with the family ahead of us at the register and a manager had to come over, so that slowed things down. We did finally find a table directly in the sun and then had to hunt down chairs-not an ideal situation.

The food is very good and portions are large. My friend and I each got the Honey Chicken. While I miss the "takeout" containers they used to serve the entrees in, the new dishes are definitely easier to eat out of. They have one of my favorite desserts here, the banana pudding, which was great as always.

Pros:

Banana pudding! Huge portions

Cons:

Very crowded and hard to find a seat

Reviewer: tomalawn Review Date: 03/31/2015

Please tell me it's an omission. Where's the duck ?
I've eaten here every trip (sometimes twice) and duck is/was a must. The. Lo mein is the best you'll find anywhere:
But it's not the duck 😢

Reviewer: saraht Review Date: 01/13/2015

I ate here for lunch with friends on 1/11 during our day at Animal Kingdom. We chose it because we were tired of normal park food and wanted something different. I was skeptical because I am very fussy. I ordered the teriyaki bowl and it was delish!! My friends loved their wrap and salad as well. I would eat here again for sure.

Pros:

different food choices,

Reviewer: nick6300 Review Date: 09/10/2014

I usually come here each time I'm at AK because it's different from the burgers, fries, and pizza, and the fried rice for a snack credit is one of the best value choices. On Sept 3, I ordered the honey chicken. Despite many reviewers stating that it's overly sweet, I thought it was tasty. They used to make meals in chinese take-out style boxes, and now it's a segregated plate of meat and rice that's easier to get to (vs. rice on bottom and meat on top). Portion sizes may be a little less than in the past. There's only a little bit of carrots mixed in and I got exactly 1 snap pea (altough I don't really care about that). Your other options are sweet and sour chicken and mong. beef). We got the mousse for dessert and a huge root beer for drink. The mousse was ok, but I'm not huge on chocolate and it's just like the processed pudding you get at the store. I split this w/ the wife and it was a good quick service option. Options at AK are very limited, but Flame Tree prob still the best choice. Restaurantosaurus is like any other burger place, and Pizzasafari is neat place on the eyes (we always visit, even if not eating there) but it's just cafeteria quality pizza.

I was surprised to find that while the wait for food was longer than expected (1pm) there weren't as many birds hawking as usual. Always challenging to find an open table. The one we did find we shared with another family who constantly bumped into my back trying to get by.

Pros:

Tasty food, one of few asian food choices

Cons:

Crowded

Reviewer: Dfan79 Review Date: 05/11/2014

I thought the Honey Chicken was really good, it looks just like the one at the table service, except it's not on a glass plate. It comes in a orange box like you'd get at a Chinese food restaurant. Banana pudding with a vanilla wafer was a good tasty choice.

The only drawback is the outdoor seating. Because it rains a lot, like on the day I went. It has outdoor roofs over some of the tables, but there's not many. So you might have to pit fight another family if you want one.

Pros:

Food, Menu

Cons:

Outdoors

Reviewer: pls Review Date: 01/23/2014

My family group of 10 all ate lunch here on 01/19/14, and we loved everything we ordered. The food was piping hot, and delicious! The outside dining could be difficult in bad weather, but our day was nice.

Pros:

delicious

Reviewer: memakwed Review Date: 12/22/2013

This was our first time and it was great! Top 2 counter service for our trip 12/3-12/14. We had the DP. We got 1 mandarin salad, 3 beef lomein and 2 fried rice, and 2 banana and 2 chocolate. instead of getting a meal for DS9 he asked for fried rice which was a snack credit and it was plenty for his hungry appetite. It was larger than a pint but smalled than a quart. It was chicken fried rice but really barely any chicken at all in it which was fine for him as he usually doesn't eat that much meat. My parent's also used a snack credit for the fried rice with their meals and it was a ton. The lomein came ina quart container but wasn't filled to the top like if you went to a Chinese take out but there was still plenty and no one went away hungry. they even had low sodium soysauce offered. We will definintely go back next trip the flavor was great and the portion filled everyone and it was a great value on the plan and decent value if paying cash. No complaints and the birds were about equal to or a little less than flame tree. there is less seating but still was fine. We will definitely go back!

Pros:

portions

Reviewer: Motherhen Review Date: 12/10/2013

This was the first time we tried Yak & Yeti and were pleasantly surprised. The food came in large portions and was served hot. The food is very "Americanized" oriental food and not traditional, but it is a nice change from BBQ & pizza. The outdoor seating with all of the birds was quite annoying, but not so much that we wouldn't eat here again. We will definitely be back.

Pros:

Large quantities

Cons:

Outdoor seating with too many birds

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 11/11/2013

Despite my rage the last time we tried to eat here, we ate here again. And the seating still stinks. Food was hot and plentiful but drowned in sauce - 7 year old would not eat it. They need to figure out a way to add more seating. Overall OK and since I have an allergy and cannot eat anything at Flame Tree, our choices are a little limited at AK.

Pros:

hot food

Cons:

seating continues to STINK here