Reviews of Yak and Yeti Counter Service -- Anandapur Local Food Cafes

View Menus at Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes Dining Location

Cuisines: Asian
Read more about Yak and Yeti Counter Service here, including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/yak-and-yeti-local-food-cafes

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/19/2019

I ordered the ginger chicken salad. What I got was a 3 compartment plastic clamshell - lettuce mix, chopped chicken & crunchy noodles. A container of dressing was included. I combined the three ingredients with the dressing. The result was something not worthy of a convenience store premade salad. Really pathetic. I also got the mini-mango pie another item you can pick up in a convenience store. With my iced tea, the total was $22.64! Ridiculous. Never again!

Pros:

Quick

Cons:

Everything else.

Reviewed by hsmamato2 Review Date: 04/18/2019

I don't like this place. It's convenient,sure, but I think the food is like a badly done chinese type of stuff that is usually found in a mall food court. In other words, not worth bothering with. Example, the chicken fried rice was large container of sticky gloppy,mostly bland rice with some things thrown in. If you like mall food court style chinese fare,you might like this place. AK has too many great choices to stop here.

Pros:

it's convenient

Cons:

food is bland at best,inedible at worst

Reviewed by moom2326 Review Date: 06/02/2017

This was a definite go to for us every year but this year (December 2016) menu felt old and tired and designed to minimal so easy quick turnaround. Waitress was awesome. We always enjoyed it here but next time will pick buffets where more variety.

Pros:

atmosphere, decor

Cons:

has gotten run of the mill in menu

Reviewed by kretzklan Review Date: 01/06/2013

We ordered honey chicken and it was dry and flavorless. We also had the cold chicken sandwich and same results. We did enjoy the seating area - nice viewing of the monkeys and people watching!

Pros:

lovely seating area

Cons:

food not very flavorful

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Take-out Chinese food style.

Pros:

If you like Chinese take out this is the place to go.

Cons:

Outdoor seating.

Reviewed by Smitty Review Date: 09/27/2018

Stopped here for lunch on a brutally hot day. Got the chicken with rice and sat in a shady spot. For fast food, it was pretty good for the price. Hubbo had the rice with the teriyaki beef and thought it was good. Not bad for a quick service.

Pros:

Quick lunch

Cons:

Finding a table

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

Excellent treat-I'll have this mini mango pie again.
Tasty, refreshing, yummy!

Pros:

mini mango pie

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 04/03/2018

A cut above Panda Express, the beef stir-fry was good and the serving adequate for lunch. The ordering queue is poorly organized and seating is inadequate and all outside. Still, Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes is a quick lunch option with decent selections, different from the usual hamburgers, chicken nuggets and flatbreads offered at so many Disney fast food establishments.

Pros:

Pretty good food

Cons:

Crowded seating

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/09/2017

We chose this restaurant to experience the great food from Yak & Yeti without having to use a tableservice credit. My mom and I both had the beef teriyaki and my husband ordered the honey chicken. The beef was better than the chicken but everything was great. The sauce wasn't over powering and the portions were big. Only thing I would have changed would be being able to eat indoors.

Pros:

Great food at QS price

Cons:

Not indoor seating. Uncomfortable on a hot day

Reviewed by MichelleR Review Date: 10/07/2017

We always make this our lunch spot when in Animal Kingdom. We have eaten here countless times. There were changes made this time and we were a bit disappointed. Let me start by saying while the taste was still very good we were disappointed with the cut back in portion size. We were a group of 8 and we ALL LEFT HUNGRY from lunch. Although we were on the dining plan we couldn’t help but think if we were not we would have been very upset with the price we would have paid for lunch and the amount of food we received in our containers. Again.... the taste of good but what we were given was a few pieces of meet in our containers. Also we don’t like the new plastic containers!!!! We wish they would bring back the others. I would think they are not as environmentally friendly as well. Hoping this was a fluke day and next time we go back it will be up to Disney standards.... will give it one more chance.

Pros:

Taste, service

Cons:

Portion size

Other topics in Animal Kingdom