Reviews of Yak and Yeti Counter Service -- Anandapur Local Food Cafes

View Menus at Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes Dining Location

Read more about Yak and Yeti Counter Service here, including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/yak-and-yeti-local-food-cafes

Reviewer: kretzklan Review Date: 01/06/2013

We ordered honey chicken and it was dry and flavorless. We also had the cold chicken sandwich and same results. We did enjoy the seating area - nice viewing of the monkeys and people watching!

Pros:

lovely seating area

Cons:

food not very flavorful

Reviewer: MichelleR Review Date: 10/07/2017

We always make this our lunch spot when in Animal Kingdom. We have eaten here countless times. There were changes made this time and we were a bit disappointed. Let me start by saying while the taste was still very good we were disappointed with the cut back in portion size. We were a group of 8 and we ALL LEFT HUNGRY from lunch. Although we were on the dining plan we couldn’t help but think if we were not we would have been very upset with the price we would have paid for lunch and the amount of food we received in our containers. Again.... the taste of good but what we were given was a few pieces of meet in our containers. Also we don’t like the new plastic containers!!!! We wish they would bring back the others. I would think they are not as environmentally friendly as well. Hoping this was a fluke day and next time we go back it will be up to Disney standards.... will give it one more chance.

Pros:

Taste, service

Cons:

Portion size

Reviewer: moom2326 Review Date: 06/02/2017

This was a definite go to for us every year but this year (December 2016) menu felt old and tired and designed to minimal so easy quick turnaround. Waitress was awesome. We always enjoyed it here but next time will pick buffets where more variety.

Pros:

atmosphere, decor

Cons:

has gotten run of the mill in menu

Reviewer: Cstauffer1 Review Date: 11/01/2015

Had quick-service lunch on dining plan and it was quick, despite the crowd. We liked that they let you choose a side item instead of dessert so we had the pork eggrolls, which tasted similar to the frozen ones you cook at home. Food smelled better than it tasted. The sauces on the beef and chicken were lacking in flavor so we were grateful there were packets of sauce on the condiment cart, and what little pieces of meat that were on the dish were slightly mushy. It would have been a lot better if they actually cooked on a bbq instead of just calling it Korean bbq. Overall, just a fair counter service meal.

Pros:

flavor and flexibility

Cons:

lacking in meat, portion size

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 11/11/2013

Despite my rage the last time we tried to eat here, we ate here again. And the seating still stinks. Food was hot and plentiful but drowned in sauce - 7 year old would not eat it. They need to figure out a way to add more seating. Overall OK and since I have an allergy and cannot eat anything at Flame Tree, our choices are a little limited at AK.

Pros:

hot food

Cons:

seating continues to STINK here

Reviewer: Smitty Review Date: 09/27/2018

Stopped here for lunch on a brutally hot day. Got the chicken with rice and sat in a shady spot. For fast food, it was pretty good for the price. Hubbo had the rice with the teriyaki beef and thought it was good. Not bad for a quick service.

Pros:

Quick lunch

Cons:

Finding a table

Reviewer: jannielane Review Date: 04/03/2018

A cut above Panda Express, the beef stir-fry was good and the serving adequate for lunch. The ordering queue is poorly organized and seating is inadequate and all outside. Still, Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes is a quick lunch option with decent selections, different from the usual hamburgers, chicken nuggets and flatbreads offered at so many Disney fast food establishments.

Pros:

Pretty good food

Cons:

Crowded seating

Reviewer: memakwed Review Date: 02/03/2017

Today 2/2/17 we ate here on the dining plan as a quick service choice. We ate around noon. Seating filled quickly. Lots of large family tables instead of just 4 tops. About 50/50 shady and sunny tables. We used two snack credits for 2chicken fried rice's. My husband got the ginger chicken salad. The dressing didn't agree with him so he wouldn't get it again. In the past he has gotten the salad offered and not had a problem. The fried rice is in between a pint and quart. The containers were not full to the top but there was plenty. The chicken was minimal in it but it tasted yummy.

Pros:

good use of snack credit

Cons:

seating

Reviewer: nick6300 Review Date: 09/10/2014

I usually come here each time I'm at AK because it's different from the burgers, fries, and pizza, and the fried rice for a snack credit is one of the best value choices. On Sept 3, I ordered the honey chicken. Despite many reviewers stating that it's overly sweet, I thought it was tasty. They used to make meals in chinese take-out style boxes, and now it's a segregated plate of meat and rice that's easier to get to (vs. rice on bottom and meat on top). Portion sizes may be a little less than in the past. There's only a little bit of carrots mixed in and I got exactly 1 snap pea (altough I don't really care about that). Your other options are sweet and sour chicken and mong. beef). We got the mousse for dessert and a huge root beer for drink. The mousse was ok, but I'm not huge on chocolate and it's just like the processed pudding you get at the store. I split this w/ the wife and it was a good quick service option. Options at AK are very limited, but Flame Tree prob still the best choice. Restaurantosaurus is like any other burger place, and Pizzasafari is neat place on the eyes (we always visit, even if not eating there) but it's just cafeteria quality pizza.

I was surprised to find that while the wait for food was longer than expected (1pm) there weren't as many birds hawking as usual. Always challenging to find an open table. The one we did find we shared with another family who constantly bumped into my back trying to get by.

Pros:

Tasty food, one of few asian food choices

Cons:

Crowded

Reviewer: tangerinezoe Review Date: 05/11/2013

We had the honey chicken and sweet and sour chicken. It was good, but it was basically Panda Express, ie Americanized Chinese food. They give you a fair amount though, so you're getting your money's worth.

Pros:

good portion size