Reviews of Yacht Club Resort (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Resort within walking distance of Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_yc.htm

Reviewed by JoanneS Review Date: 02/06/2013

We stayed at the Yacht Club from 1/29 to 2/2. We had a standard room but it had a great balcony and we enjoyed our mornings relaxing as we watched the world wake up. Mousekeeping was fantastic, and we always returned to a clean room with lots of towels and toiletries. Because we were celebrating our anniversary, we received some candy and a card from the staff, and a beautiful towel design from housekeeping. The staff was always friendly and helpful, ready to welcome us home whenever we returned from touring. The only negative was the size of the bathroom. The door hit the toilet seat so entering and exiting was a bit of an adventure. Otherwise, I would definitely return here if I could. Nice relaxing atmosphere and superb service.

Pros:

Close to Epcot and Boardwalk

Cons:

Small Bathroom

Reviewed by Teach52 Review Date: 04/24/2019

Always try to stay at yacht club.

Pros:

Location, ambiance,pool areas

Cons:

Fact dogs are allowed and in hallways. I sure hope Disney reconsiders this, let alone dog “area” out by quiet pool

Reviewed by ksteiner Review Date: 04/23/2019

We stayed here in June 2018 and had an amazing time! There were 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 teens ages 18 and 15. We have stayed in all of the Deluxe Resorts and this is one of our new favorites!!! We were in the wing that is closest to the bridge towards Swan/Dolphin on the first floor. While it was a long walk through the hallways to get to the lobby, there was a door to the "boardwalk" area right near our room, so we took that to get back and forth - much faster. The room was updated and VERY nice. The bathroom was very modern and clean - loved it. The pool was so much fun - we couldn't wait to stay here so that we could try it out and it didn't disappoint! We could've stayed in the lazy river the whole trip :). The best part of staying at YC was the convenience - to Epcot, to Hollywood Studios, to the Boardwalk... it was AWESOME! The only bad thing that we experienced was that we were in the "dog-friendly" area and had to deal with barking dogs quite a bit.

Pros:

Location, pool, room-size, proximity to good dining, view

Cons:

Lack of counter service options

Reviewed by ginny3 Review Date: 02/06/2018

I love everything about the Yacht Club including the gym, that’s free for resort guests and the new Market at Ale and Compass located inside the Yacht Club. No more trekking to the Beach Club for snacks and counter service meals.

Pros:

Excellent location and staff

Reviewed by Mamabears1 Review Date: 07/20/2014

Love this hotel. Friendly cast members and clean hotel. Can't wait to stay again.

Pros:

The Yacht Club is awesome. This was our second time staying there. The rooms are clean and well taken care of. We noticed a problem after out first night there. The caulk on the sink was dirty and coming loose. The towel rack in the sink area was c

Reviewed by Chrisgriz Review Date: 10/09/2013

We stayed at Yacht Club the end of August for the 4th straight time and we would not stay anywhere else. The staff is wonderful and friendly. We were given a wonderful upgrade to our room upon arrival and the magic just grew from there. The housekeeping crew did everything imaginable to meet our needs and special (allergy) requests. We enjoyed the club level immensely. We had breakfast their every morning except for one (we had Crystal Palace reservations). The food choices were wonderful and always maintained and replenished. The snacks and appertizers were also delicious and plentiful. We always feel like part of the family when staying at YC and have built some lasting relationships with some of the cast members either at the front desk or at the Captian's Grill Restaurant. Upon check-out, we made a point to tell the front desk manager what a "out of this world" vacation we had. He said that we made his day. I said that the Yacht Club jusy made our family's week. Thanks Yacht Club..see you next time.

Pros:

Wonderful Staff and Great Location

Reviewed by sreynolds5 Review Date: 08/03/2013

Our family of 5 -- 3 teens, 2 parents-- stayed 3 nights in July. We were very comfortable in a standard room. Our 13 yr. old (5'1") enjoyed sleeping on the daybed & could stretch out completely. I would recommend the daybed for children & petite adults only.

There were minor "flaws" in the room, such as a couple of scuffs on the wall, one place where the wallpaper was coming loose, etc., but these things were barely noticeable and overall the room was beautiful and very clean.

We all had a great time swimming in Stormalong Bay. It was crowded in the afternoons, but late at night there were very few guests swimming and we enjoyed a quieter experience then.

Every castmember we encountered at Yacht Club for our entire stay was friendly & pleasant. (Not so in the parks, I'm sorry to say.)

Location is outstanding. Our family loves to walk around the lake and visit the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast. Walking back to our room from Epcot after the fireworks was easy.

We did not take advantage of our refillable mugs much this time, because the refill station is at Hurricane Hannah's by the pool -- quite a hike from our room. The Ale & Compass (bar) in the lobby will fill your mug for you from 6 a.m. to noon. This is a tight space w/one cast member, though, so there can be a wait. Boardwalk Bakery is a refill station, but we were told that YC guests should use the refill stations at their own resort.

Lastly, we were in room 3032 w/ a standard view of the front of the hotel. We could see some rooftop, but also a lot of trees, the fountain, lush landscaping. Not an unpleasant view. We had a wide porch instead of a balcony. It was huge, & shared w/3 other rooms, though we never ran in to any other guests during our stay. I would LOVE to book rooms 3076, 3078, 3080, & 3082 for a stay w/extended family. All of the rooms share the porch.

Hope we can visit again someday!

Pros:

Beautiful Hotel, Wonderful Location

Reviewed by hello12345 Review Date: 06/04/2013

Stayed 2 nights June 1-3. Small issue at check-in. Clerk appeared to not be able to find my reservation, but it was quickly resolved. We were in the 5th floor Regatta Club. I was not told at check-in that I would need to swipe my room key in elevator to reach 5th floor. I looked like an idiot for a few seconds before I figured out why the elevator would not go to 5th floor. That is it for the cons.

Our room was ready when we checked-in around 12:45 pm. This resort is located at the perfect spot in my opinion. 5-7 min walk to Epcot and 15-20 min walk to HS. The interior of the resort looks new and fresh. The Beach Club shares space, but the Yacht Club is a definite level above Beach Club. The rooms are very clean and we had no problems with room. The pool is the best in Disney. Entry is strictly controlled and the cast members are super-friendly. The pool area is actually 3 different pools, but it is blended to make it look like one big pool. Having a refill drink mug station at pool is a step above what the Boardwalk offers. I have stayed at Boardwalk twice and was a big fan. Yacht and Beach Club blow the Boardwalk away in my opinion. If all cost the same I would pick Yacht Club first every time.

Pros:

location

Cons:

not many

Reviewed by HannahLvsMinnie Review Date: 04/09/2013

My daughter and i just returned from a fantastic stay at the Yacht Club. The staff was amazing, especially Betty in the Regatta Club and Chef Matthew at the Captains Grill. We had a standard view room which meant it looked at nothing but it was quiet and the beds are comfortable. We will definitely return to this property.

Pros:

Quiet even during busy times

Cons:

wish we could stay longer

Reviewed by daphnee08 Review Date: 03/31/2013

Stayed here 3/9-3/14 for the third time. Since it was a last minute booking, we had to go with a pool / lagoon view. BUT, was it worth it!!!!!! We had a 2nd floor room, nearest the lagoon. It was a bit of a walk from the lobby, but there was a staircase outside that shortened the walk greatly. The view from the balcony was AWESOME!!! We could see 90% of the Boardwalk, and the Eiffel Tower in EPCOT. The service was perfect as always. It's not as kid friendly, but that's fine by us. The pool is still the best. The short walk to EPCOT and the boat to Hollywood Studios makes the location great. The only downside is we don't want to stay anywhere else..

Pros:

Location, service, location

Cons:

Price