Reviews of Whispering Canyon Cafe Breakfast

Breakfast Menu

Children's Breakfast Menu

Full Service Breakfast

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/whispering-canyon-cafe/breakfast
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/whispering-canyon-cafe/child-breakfast

Reviewed by rebelbuddhist Review Date: 01/05/2014

This was a case of high expectations that were not met. We had read quite a few very positive reviews, but we found the food rather typical and nothing to write home about. My eggs Benedict were lukewarm and nothing special. My wife's omelet was fine but again rather ordinary. Lots of better breakfast meals nearby that don't require any special transportation to get there. We choose to eat here for the first time because we were going to take in the holiday decorations but will probably skip it in the future.

Pros:

Friendly, helpful service

Cons:

Nothing special

Reviewed by njnick1 Review Date: 08/30/2013

Overall a really good meal. We all left with happy tummy's. We ended up with 13 bottles of Ketchup on the table !

Our waitress was super friendly and a pleasure to interact with. Seems some of the CM's didn't belong in a place that advertises a "Hootin Hollerin Good Time".

Would definitely go again

Pros:

Great food, some fun cast members

Cons:

Some not so fun cast members

Reviewed by gener222 Review Date: 08/25/2013

We had breakfast here on our last day at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. We had eaten here on our last trip 5 years ago. The food was just as good as I remembered and the all-you-can-eat platter carried me through most of the day. I was a little disappointed that the atmosphere wasn't as fun this time around. Only one or two servers seemed to be having any real fun. It takes two to tango, though, and the other guests didn't seem to be in a jovial mood either. I passed by a previous night during the dinner and the place was hopping. I would still recommend this restaurant for breakfast, and the fun you get is what you give!

Pros:

The food, especially Mickey waffles

Cons:

Not as fun as my last visit

Reviewed by PrBrandy Review Date: 05/11/2013

Ate here on 05/08. Our party of 4 all ordered off the regular menu not the all you eat menu. Two of the omelets were ordered with out onions and peppers which made them a ham and cheese omelet. This request was taken care of by the cast with no problem. The server was very good at what he did and took great care of us. If you don't need characters and want a good breakfast with some fun with the cast this is the place to go.

Pros:

Good food and fun

Reviewed by MrsH42608 Review Date: 04/28/2013

Loved it! We had the all you care to enjoy breakfast skillet. Everything was delicious and our server was great! The ambiance is wonderful, and it is just a really fun place to eat!

Pros:

Food, Atmosphere, Service

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 01/23/2013

Our favorite waitress wasn't working the day we visited, which was a shame. The atmosphere isn't what it used to be - they did the ketchup thing and did put one girl in jail but that was it. Pretty quiet compared to what it used to be. Great food and Chef Junior was the BEST chef of our trip for dealing with my weird food allergy. He custom made me a platter then checked up on me while we were eating. Wonderful. Good, hot food, nice server. I still recommend and will return but I wish it was wacky like it used to be.

Pros:

food, Chef Junior, service

Cons:

Not as much "fun" as it used to be

Reviewed by mommom Review Date: 01/21/2013

Party of 12. Wendi, our waitress, was outstanding. Everyone enjoyed the experience. even our 1st timers. I think this was their favorite restaurant. Food was hot and good and enough to go around. Only order 2nds on what we would eat. The waffles were really good. Can't say enough good things about our waitress. It is true that they make they experience. She called the straws (silly straws) the teenagers still call them that. They want to go back only if we can get Wendi. Went there last year and the hostess Casi was really good and that is why we went back. Casi wasn't there anymore but Wendi made up for not seeing Casi. A new friend to visit next year. Thank you Wendi for the great time we had.

Pros:

the waitress

Other topics in Wilderness Lodge