Reviews of Turf Club Bar and Grill

Child Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/turf-club-bar-and-grill/child-dinner

Photo Gallery: http://allears.net/acc/g_ss_turf.htm

AllEars® Review: http://allears.net/ae/issue370.htm

Reviewer: debg32 Review Date: 05/29/2017

We hadn't dined here in a few years and decided to make it one of our dinners this year. The food and service was wonderful. Everyone in our party raved about the food. I had the scallops and they were the best I ever had. Most of our party had the prime rib and raved about it. Unfortunately it was raining the evening we were there so we couldn't dine outside which was disappointing. It is quite expensive but well worth the money or to celebrate a special occasion.

Pros:

Everthing

Reviewer: haddox81 Review Date: 04/04/2017

We are DVC members and have stayed at Saratoga Springs the past 10 years. This restaurant is one of the best kept secrets in all of Disney...though it seems more people are finding out about it.

In all the times we've been here, we've always had a fantastic meal and been treated with old school Disney Magic. I typically get the NY Strip with the Lobster fondue, and my wife's go to is the Breaded Chicken...though everything we've ever gotten has be great. The atmosphere is very nice, low dimmed lighting and it's never been crazy loud like we are used to at other Disney dine ins. Staff here has always been amazing from the hostess, waiter, all the way to the food runners. Price is pretty much what you would expect if you are going out to a nice restaurant. Dinner for 2 with drinks and desert will run $70 ish. I consider that fair, and most importantly...you should always do your research on pricing before you go to any restaurant. Yes Disney can be expensive, but you have no one to blame but yourself if you find yourself complaining about it. There are always cheaper quick service options, so keep that in mind.

We've eaten at just about every restaurant down here, and by far this is the one i always recommend to family/friends.

Pros:

Food, Atmosphere, service

Reviewer: mochridh Review Date: 09/24/2016

Ate here last Thursday, first time staying at Saratoga.

Arrived on time for ADR, waited 5-6 minutes. Restaurant very loud, boisterous. Our server was a very nice young man who delighted in practicing his French with us.

I had the tomato bisque to start. Tasted very much like a bowl of rose sauce - slightly creamy, slightly acidic with chunks of tomato in it. Just ok.

For the main I ordered the spice rubbed tenderloin. Also just ok, while the pork was not overcooked, the spice rub was a bit heavy on cinnamon. An odd flavour that threw off the rest, was better after adding salt. The green beans were the best part.

Remove the noise level here and I would try it again, it wasn't amazing but wasn't horrible either and deserves a second chance.

Pros:

seated quickly

Cons:

nothing special here

Reviewer: tgsmithsr Review Date: 08/27/2016

I'd never eaten at the Turf Club until last week. In fact, I had no idea it was even here, but we were staying at SSR and someone suggested we try it. Great idea! Members of our party had either the prime rib or the strip steak, and both were excellent! They were easily as good as comparable dishes at signature restaurants like Citrico's and California Grill, and the prices were a bit lower. Cocktails and desserts were excellent, too. I'd highly recommend trying this restaurant if you get the chance, but do it while it's still a sleeper. Based on the reviews I'm seeing here, people are starting to find out about it.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, service, price

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 06/21/2016

Excellent dining experience. Food and service were wonderful. We will add this to our list of favorite restaurants at WDW..

Pros:

Food, service

Reviewer: WebFx Review Date: 10/04/2015

We went on a weekday night with an ADR for 7:45pm and were seated promptly. We really appreciated that as a party of two they sat us in a location away from a couple of very large groups. Our server was fantastic, made good suggestions and returned to check on us frequently. We had the steak with the lobster fondue and the prime rib for entrees and the tomato bisque soup and artichoke bruschetta for appetizers. Everything was presented well, prepared to order and delicious! By the time we left we were surprised at how even more crowded the restaurant had become. First time we had eaten here after going to Disney for more than 20 years and it was a great choice!

Pros:

Food! Service.

Reviewer: wattage Review Date: 04/30/2015

Damn - It looks like others have finally discovered this hidden gem of a restaurant! We arrived at 5:30pm for our 5:30 ADR. We were seated immediately at a nice table for two with views of the water. Our server was very good throughout our meal. At 5:30pm there were very few people in the restaurant, but by the time we left at 6:30pm, the place was very busy.

Both of us got the NY Strip with lobster fondue as our entrée. We both loved our meal. The Lobster fondue is fabulous!! I would recommend the Turf Club to anyone looking for a nice reasonably priced meal.

Pros:

Food and Service

Reviewer: wattage Review Date: 09/25/2014

My wife and I ate here on Monday, September 22, 2014. We made our ADR that evening, about two hours before our dining time. We arrived ten minutes early and were seated within five minutes of our arrival.

Service was excellent as our waitress was very attentive throughout our meal. I got the root-beer marinated pork chop, and my wife got the NY Strip steak with Lobster Fondue. My pork chop was very, very good as it had great flavor and was very tender. My wife’s steak was excellent and the Lobster fondue was to die for – it would make anything taste better!! The mashed potatoes were also excellent – among the best I’ve ever had. Turf Club is now one of our new favorite restaurants on WDW. Can wait to go back!

Pros:

Service, setting and food

Reviewer: lisakb22 Review Date: 04/01/2014

Hidden Gem of a restaurant! Food was amazing,service great and a beautiful restaurant. It is hard to find in Saratoga Springs which was its only negative.

Pros:

great food and service

Cons:

location

Reviewer: BigB Review Date: 02/18/2014

The meal was great and the service was incredible. I had the prime rib and my lady had a salad and french onion soup. I love golfing, so the atmosphere was great. Our waiter was very funny and made for good conversation. The restaurant was slow, so maybe the good service was because of this. Either way, I would go there again.