Reviews of Trattoria al forno - Dinner

View Menus at Trattoria al Forno Dining Location

A restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk which showcases classic Italian cuisine including handcrafted mozzarella made daily, fresh cavatelli pasta and pizzas baked in wood-burning ovens.

Trattoria al Forno is open daily for breakfast (7:30-11 a.m.) and dinner (5-10 p.m.). It opened December 18, 2014.

MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/dinner

CHILD MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/child-dinner

Reviewed by Momof4 Review Date: 07/10/2016

My group of 8 had dinner here on June 29th. Delicious is an understatment! It was voted hands down by all 8 the best meal of the week. We had an outstanding server Dale. He gave fabulous food recommendations and wine pairing suggestions. It was a very unrushed, relaxed meal in a beautiful setting. We had the calamari and mussels for appetizers. There was plenty of delicious broth to use for dipping the bread!! Several ordered the chicken parm and really enjoyed it. Our other entrees included the eggplant rollatini (out of this world!), polpetta gigante, the linguini and a caprese salad. Again, everything tasted so fresh and delicious. Dale informed us they make their own mozzarella!! Unfortunately, we were all much too full for dessert- maybe next time because we definitely will be back! So happy to find this hidden gem at the Boardwalk!

Pros:

delicious food, great service

Reviewed by Floridafan Review Date: 01/27/2016

The food and ambiance here were great. We split a flatbread (one with ham, potatoes and rosemary) for an appetizer, it was good. The bread and olive oil were great. The carbonara and linguine and clams were great. I think I preferred the linguine and clams as I needed to put pepper on the carbonara, but it was still great. The desserts and press pot coffee were excellent! We got the tiramisu, chocolate hazelnut cake and chocolate gelato. Jose was an attentive, fantastic server. We will be back!

Pros:

Food was delicious! Service was great!

Cons:

That I couldn't eat there more/None

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 01/14/2016

We ate here the 1st week of Nov.. We only waited for our table about 5 minutes but that was fine because we were seated in the small room at the far side of the restaurant. There was very little noise and only two other tables were full. Bruce was our server and the service was very good. I really like Italian food and was looking forward to eating here, since we were staying at the Boardwalk. My DH & I started with a caprese salad, the mozzarella was fresh and it was dressed well. I had the Polpetta Gigante which was great! Very flavorful with a delicious sauce. My DH has the eggplant dish which was also very good. We finished off with the tiramisu. Overall it was a great meal and we would go back especially if staying at the Boardwalk.

Pros:

Great food

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 11/08/2015

Had dining reservations here on Oct.26th and enjoyed the food so much we made reservations for 2 days later. It was more than a meal, it was an experience. Our waitress (Andrea) was extremely knowledgeable with both the menu and wine parings and she was great at conversation and making you feel special. At no time did we feel rushed thru our meal even though the restaurant was very busy. The food was GREAT from salad to dessert, we are already looking forward to eating there during next years visit.

Pros:

Great food, great experience

Reviewed by jaxhockey Review Date: 08/18/2015

We tried the Trattoria on Saturday night during a brief weekend trip to WDW. We had eaten at this location during its previous iterations (Kouzinna, etc.), and I will say this was the best of the 3. Our food was good. I won't say it was extraordinary, but all members of our party of 8 enjoyed our meals. The wood fired pizzas were very good as we had one Margherita pizza and one prosciutto/potato (smoky and unique). All of the entrees were good, and the bread was plentiful and excellent.

Our server (Hollie) was outstanding. She was full of energy and a lot of fun. Great service and she made dining enjoyable for all of us. Her sister was actually the pizza chef, and my 10 yr old son was over talking to her for quite a while as she made the pizzas in the open kitchen.

I really like the atmosphere of Trattoria, as I didn't feel as crowded as I normally do at most Disney restaurants. The noise level was surprisingly low, but we were towards the windows facing the boardwalk area and not in the center.

All in all we really enjoyed our dinner and would certainly return.

Pros:

Service, Atmosphere, Food

Cons:

Non

Reviewed by mcmouse Review Date: 03/31/2015

We had a dinner reservation here on March 17th. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent. Our server stopped back to our table numerous times to refill and check on us. Both hubby and I ordered the lasagna and it was great. It was just the right size serving. It came with arugala and was very tasty. We both had a glass of wine that our server suggested and it paired nicely with our dinners. There was no room for dessert. We felt the prices were very reasonable and the atmosphere was lovely. We'll definitely return on our next trip.

Pros:

delicious food

Reviewed by Ron S Review Date: 03/29/2015

We dined there this past Friday March 27 and had the best meal of our trip. The food and service were excellent. My wife had Semolina Tagliatelle alla Carbonara - with Guanciale while I had Sauteed Shrimp - with lemon, caper and anchovy butter with polenta. We both loved our entrees. This was a vast improvement of Cat Cora's Kouzzina.

Pros:

Great Food & Service

Reviewed by miketp Review Date: 03/24/2015

I am surprised by some of the negative reviews. Our server was friendly, polite, and helpful. He made excellent recommendations for wine pairings and brought a small free sample for my wife to try. She was very impressed with the chicken Parmesan. I had the beef bolognese and it was fork tender. We'd split a caprese salad and both felt the heirloom tomatoes were super fresh and delicious. We will definitely eat here again. The pizza delivered to the next table looked great. My only negative was that even with reservations we waited 20 minutes.

Pros:

Service foot quality

Cons:

Wait time

Reviewed by alfy Review Date: 03/23/2015

We were seated on a Friday night at about the time we reserved. Our table was a two-seat setup in the middle of a row of four-seat tables in the middle of the room, undoubtedly arranged that way so they could be pushed together in varying combinations. Not the best table, but not the worst. Our server promptly brought a flask of room-temperature water and bread, but no bread plates. We ordered pre-dinner drinks and our entrees at the same time. Unfortunately, the pre-dinner drinks arrived 10 minutes after the entrees when we asked the dinner-plate deliverer where the drinks were. A supervisor chanced by the table later to ask how we enjoyed the meal and we pointed out the discrepancy. It turned out the server had failed to turn in the drinks order. The server returned later and informed us that "due to her incompetence," the drinks would be comped. No apology. She must have been scolded. Our entrees, linguini a la vongole, were quite good, with lots of small clams, al dente pasta and a light olive oil-and-white-wine-based sauce. The drinks, spritzes, were correct. We hope they'll work out the bugs as this restaurant offers great promise and an authentic menu. As it stands, Via Napoli is still the best choice among the Italian restaurants in the Epcot area. (We have heard that too-quick service can be a problem in WDW table service restaurants, and have been advised to order the courses separately if we're not in a hurry. We will take more care to do that from now on.)

Pros:

Food quality

Cons:

service

Reviewed by sschroeder Review Date: 01/19/2015

My girlfriend and I had dinner at Trattoria al Forno on Saturday January 17, 2015. We were able to secure reservations for 7:15 pm two weeks prior to our visit. We arrive early and waited until our designated time and were promptly seated. We observed a few walk-in parties being told that there we no more reservations for the rest of the evening. The décor is wonderful, atmosphere crowded, busy, and moderately loud. Kids all over the place. Service was very good, considering the restaurant was packed, we only had to remind our waitress a few times for water, the bill, etc. We tried the Caprese Salad, Romaine Lettuce, and the Smoked Prosciutto, Potato, Rosemary and Mozzarella pizza. Excellent quality and freshness. To our surprise the potato on the pizza really worked! Almost like a pizza with potato chips on it. Extensive wine collection, great cocktail and beer selection. Hey, you can’t have pizza without a beer! Overall our impression was positive and we look forward to returning.

Pros:

fresh, quality Itailian food

Cons:

crowded restaurant