Reviews of Trattoria al forno - Dinner

View Menus at Trattoria al Forno Dining Location

Children's Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Italian

Cuisines: Italian
A restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk which showcases classic Italian cuisine including handcrafted mozzarella made daily, fresh cavatelli pasta and pizzas baked in wood-burning ovens.

Trattoria al Forno is open daily for breakfast (7:30-11 a.m.) and dinner (5-10 p.m.). It opened December 18, 2014.

MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/dinner

CHILD MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/child-dinner

Reviewed by KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

The reason for coming here is characters and they do a great job. I thought the food was good but the girls disliked both of their dishes and do not want to go back.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewed by nrymut Review Date: 01/30/2017

I have eaten here before and had excellent meals. But this time was not good. We started with the calamari which was excellent. My husband had tuna and it was very good. I ordered risotto with an add on of scallops. The portion of the risotto was about right for an appetizer, not an entree. The 3 medium sized scallops for $9 were served on a saucer. (I did a double take on the saucer but that is what it was.) Server described the risotto as smoked carrot. There was no smoke. There were a couple of carrot slices on the top that were pickled. We would eat here again but will never order either their risotto or their scallops.

Pros:

Location, some of the food

Cons:

Risotto

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 11/11/2016

Had breakfast here during my latest vacation (Oct. 25th - Nov. 2nd). The food was good, but I would rather eat here for dinner options. I didn't feel the price was worth it. The menu wasn't that big and I feel I could get a lot of the same things at other locations on property. I'm glad I tried it, but I will be back at dinner time only.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 09/25/2016

Lovely dining room. Lovely aroma of food, pizza cooking. Open kitchen. However, the food coming out of that kitchen was a disappointment. Dry, crackery pizza. While they prided that the made the mozzarella, there was very little on it. Ground turkey in the lasagne. Come on, guys...in a trattoria? Eggplant roll ups way undercooked. DH ordered shortrib and it was just a little shredded meat in sauce. Small portions. Large prices. Bragged they made the pasta but very little of it on the plates. So disappointed for $160.00 for 5 with only one can of beer.

Pros:

Beautifully decorated

Reviewed by DePasquale Review Date: 07/10/2016

Disappointing and not a memorable dining experience. The interior is comfortable Metro Italian. The food not up to Disney standards. The Margherita Pizza was a bit soggy and the Polpetta Gigante dry. Our server lacked the subtle knowledge of Italian cuisine.

Pros:

Interior space

Cons:

Food misses mark

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/10/2015

The service here was excellent as was the bread and appetizer (antipasto). The food however left much to be desired. My husband and son had the giant meatball dinner. It was probably made of 75% parsley. It was very strange. I had one of the pasta dishes that was just very forgettable. It had little taste and was dry. I can't recommend coming here since we don't plan on returning.

Pros:

Service

Reviewed by JenC Review Date: 05/03/2018

My family and I ate here the week of April 24, 2018. We have eaten at this restaurant many times dating back to when it was Spoodles and then Kouzzina. The first year of Trattoria we had a much more positive experience, partly due to the fact that the menu listed a vegetarian option. With no more vegetarian options, my daughter and I had pizza, which was good. However, the waiter was clearly nervous and/or inexperienced. We got the wrong drink order and when he fixed it, he returned with glasses only half-full. He even gave my father only a half-full cup of coffee. Then he got the check wrong, too! The portions were small for the price paid, and when you tack on the not-so-great service, we likely won't be returning. It's a shame, because it's such a convenient spot for those staying at the Boardwalk. (For better tiramisu and zeppole, try Via Napoli in Epcot)

Pros:

good location

Cons:

expensive food, negative experience with waitstaff

Reviewed by alfy Review Date: 03/23/2015

We were seated on a Friday night at about the time we reserved. Our table was a two-seat setup in the middle of a row of four-seat tables in the middle of the room, undoubtedly arranged that way so they could be pushed together in varying combinations. Not the best table, but not the worst. Our server promptly brought a flask of room-temperature water and bread, but no bread plates. We ordered pre-dinner drinks and our entrees at the same time. Unfortunately, the pre-dinner drinks arrived 10 minutes after the entrees when we asked the dinner-plate deliverer where the drinks were. A supervisor chanced by the table later to ask how we enjoyed the meal and we pointed out the discrepancy. It turned out the server had failed to turn in the drinks order. The server returned later and informed us that "due to her incompetence," the drinks would be comped. No apology. She must have been scolded. Our entrees, linguini a la vongole, were quite good, with lots of small clams, al dente pasta and a light olive oil-and-white-wine-based sauce. The drinks, spritzes, were correct. We hope they'll work out the bugs as this restaurant offers great promise and an authentic menu. As it stands, Via Napoli is still the best choice among the Italian restaurants in the Epcot area. (We have heard that too-quick service can be a problem in WDW table service restaurants, and have been advised to order the courses separately if we're not in a hurry. We will take more care to do that from now on.)

Pros:

Food quality

Cons:

service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

Great atmosphere, friendly servers, over priced! We were very disappointed with the portion size. The bolognese was more like an appetizer than an entree. People next to us ordered spaghetti amp meatballs for their daughter which was double the size of my bolognese! 3-4 mouthfuls, and it was gone! We both left hungry! Such a ripoff!

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Over priced, tiny portions

Reviewed by sraso Review Date: 05/18/2016

We ate here for my nephews birthday. We told the hostess that we wanted to celebrate this special occasion and she stated that it was a wonderful place for a celebration. He had just turned 21 and there were seven of us in the dining party. We were seated exactly at our reservation time. Our bread and water came quickly. The waitress had several suggestions for us that she said were her favorites..she took our orders quickly and the appetizers came almost instantly! Then before we had finished those, the entrees came out. The serving staff moved our appetizer plates away to make room for our entrees. Before we knew it, we were being asked for our dessert choices. A party of seven and we were in and out in just over an hour..no mention of a birthday celebration! I was very disappointed. The automatic 18% tip was added to the bill and I don't think it was deserved. I felt very rushed and did not get to enjoy my meal at all. My husband was even more disappointed. We eat out a lot at Disney and have never experienced this kind of service at any restaurant let alone a fairly expensive one! Never again!

Pros:

atmosphere

Cons:

service

Other topics in Boardwalk