Reviews of Trattoria al forno - Dinner

View Menus at Trattoria al Forno Dining Location

Children's Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Italian

Cuisines: Italian
A restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk which showcases classic Italian cuisine including handcrafted mozzarella made daily, fresh cavatelli pasta and pizzas baked in wood-burning ovens.

Trattoria al Forno is open daily for breakfast (7:30-11 a.m.) and dinner (5-10 p.m.). It opened December 18, 2014.

MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/dinner

CHILD MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/child-dinner

Reviewed by snowangel68 Review Date: 08/23/2018

We were staying at the Boardwalk in mid-August and decided to finally try Trattoria. We had not dined at this location since it changed from Kouzzina. It was a Saturday night, and we had a very pleasant experience - wait staff was kind, attentive and patient with our questions during our first visit. The food was excellent, and our seat had a view of the open kitchen, which made for a very relaxing and enjoyable evening.

We had such a wonderful experience, that we returned the following night (Sunday). The server was even better than the first visit! And the food was phenomenal! I ordered the NY strip, and loved it! NY strip is not my favorite cut of beef, but the way they prepared it makes my mouth water every time I think of that meal. I would definitely go back!

The only thing we noticed between the two visits that bothered us was the bread service. The first night, the server brought bread with olive oil. The second visit, we had balsamic vinegar and freshly grated parmesan cheese, in addition to the olive oil with the bread. I don't know which is standard, but both were delicious.

Pros:

Delicious Food, Relaxing Atmostpher, Attentive Waitstaff

Cons:

Bread Service Inconsistent between the two visits

Reviewed by KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

The reason for coming here is characters and they do a great job. I thought the food was good but the girls disliked both of their dishes and do not want to go back.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

We stopped here on a Thursday evening without a reservation and were pleased to be seated immediately. Smelled so good! My niece and I had caprese salad and chicken parmesan and cappuccino. Very good! We checked out what was being served around us and decided we will definitely be back. The pastas looked great. I thought prices were very reasonable for Disney.

Pros:

always fun to try a new restaurant

Reviewed by John Review Date: 05/08/2018

The food was really good and the service was excellent. I had the Lasagna and my wife had the
Seared Scallops.

Pros:

Excellent food

Cons:

a little noisy

Reviewed by ginny3 Review Date: 02/06/2018

This restaurant is new to us but we were not disappointed.
The seared scallops over pumpkin risotto was unbelievable and the chocolate mousse cake was Devine.
Being we were on the dining plan, the Peach Bellini was part of the plan allotment.

Pros:

Excellent

Reviewed by nrymut Review Date: 01/30/2017

I have eaten here before and had excellent meals. But this time was not good. We started with the calamari which was excellent. My husband had tuna and it was very good. I ordered risotto with an add on of scallops. The portion of the risotto was about right for an appetizer, not an entree. The 3 medium sized scallops for $9 were served on a saucer. (I did a double take on the saucer but that is what it was.) Server described the risotto as smoked carrot. There was no smoke. There were a couple of carrot slices on the top that were pickled. We would eat here again but will never order either their risotto or their scallops.

Pros:

Location, some of the food

Cons:

Risotto

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 11/11/2016

Had breakfast here during my latest vacation (Oct. 25th - Nov. 2nd). The food was good, but I would rather eat here for dinner options. I didn't feel the price was worth it. The menu wasn't that big and I feel I could get a lot of the same things at other locations on property. I'm glad I tried it, but I will be back at dinner time only.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 11/11/2016

We ate here 3 times during our recent visit (Oct. 25th - Nov. 2nd). Our Disney vacation is started and ended with a dinner here. We always request to be seated with Andrea as our server. Saying she is wonderful is an understatement. The menu had changed and her knowledge of the entrees' was amazing, along with her picks from the wine list. The food was very good, along with portion size. Can't wait to go back next year.

Pros:

Great atmosphere, wonderful meal

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 09/25/2016

Lovely dining room. Lovely aroma of food, pizza cooking. Open kitchen. However, the food coming out of that kitchen was a disappointment. Dry, crackery pizza. While they prided that the made the mozzarella, there was very little on it. Ground turkey in the lasagne. Come on, guys...in a trattoria? Eggplant roll ups way undercooked. DH ordered shortrib and it was just a little shredded meat in sauce. Small portions. Large prices. Bragged they made the pasta but very little of it on the plates. So disappointed for $160.00 for 5 with only one can of beer.

Pros:

Beautifully decorated

Reviewed by dfinley Review Date: 09/18/2016

I made advanced reservations thru Disney for 8:55 for breakfast. We changed plans and were wanting earlier dining, so we were there at opening. They were very willing to accommodate us. (Generally, we found all the restaurants for which we had reservations willing (eager) to let us eat early, as much as 30 mins.) Wife had scrambled eggs and i had frittata. Hers was very good, mine was good, but I'm just not that fond of mozzarella. Server was good and friendly. Very filling.

Pros:

Food, Ambiance

Other topics in Boardwalk