Reviews of Trattoria al forno - Dinner

View Menus at Trattoria al Forno Dining Location

A restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk which showcases classic Italian cuisine including handcrafted mozzarella made daily, fresh cavatelli pasta and pizzas baked in wood-burning ovens.

Trattoria al Forno is open daily for breakfast (7:30-11 a.m.) and dinner (5-10 p.m.). It opened December 18, 2014.

MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/dinner

CHILD MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/child-dinner

Reviewer: cmoranski Review Date: 09/25/2016

Lovely dining room. Lovely aroma of food, pizza cooking. Open kitchen. However, the food coming out of that kitchen was a disappointment. Dry, crackery pizza. While they prided that the made the mozzarella, there was very little on it. Ground turkey in the lasagne. Come on, guys...in a trattoria? Eggplant roll ups way undercooked. DH ordered shortrib and it was just a little shredded meat in sauce. Small portions. Large prices. Bragged they made the pasta but very little of it on the plates. So disappointed for $160.00 for 5 with only one can of beer.

Pros:

Beautifully decorated

Reviewer: dfinley Review Date: 09/18/2016

I made advanced reservations thru Disney for 8:55 for breakfast. We changed plans and were wanting earlier dining, so we were there at opening. They were very willing to accommodate us. (Generally, we found all the restaurants for which we had reservations willing (eager) to let us eat early, as much as 30 mins.) Wife had scrambled eggs and i had frittata. Hers was very good, mine was good, but I'm just not that fond of mozzarella. Server was good and friendly. Very filling.

Pros:

Food, Ambiance

Reviewer: DePasquale Review Date: 07/10/2016

Disappointing and not a memorable dining experience. The interior is comfortable Metro Italian. The food not up to Disney standards. The Margherita Pizza was a bit soggy and the Polpetta Gigante dry. Our server lacked the subtle knowledge of Italian cuisine.

Pros:

Interior space

Cons:

Food misses mark

Reviewer: Momof4 Review Date: 07/10/2016

My group of 8 had dinner here on June 29th. Delicious is an understatment! It was voted hands down by all 8 the best meal of the week. We had an outstanding server Dale. He gave fabulous food recommendations and wine pairing suggestions. It was a very unrushed, relaxed meal in a beautiful setting. We had the calamari and mussels for appetizers. There was plenty of delicious broth to use for dipping the bread!! Several ordered the chicken parm and really enjoyed it. Our other entrees included the eggplant rollatini (out of this world!), polpetta gigante, the linguini and a caprese salad. Again, everything tasted so fresh and delicious. Dale informed us they make their own mozzarella!! Unfortunately, we were all much too full for dessert- maybe next time because we definitely will be back! So happy to find this hidden gem at the Boardwalk!

Pros:

delicious food, great service

Reviewer: sraso Review Date: 05/18/2016

We ate here for my nephews birthday. We told the hostess that we wanted to celebrate this special occasion and she stated that it was a wonderful place for a celebration. He had just turned 21 and there were seven of us in the dining party. We were seated exactly at our reservation time. Our bread and water came quickly. The waitress had several suggestions for us that she said were her favorites..she took our orders quickly and the appetizers came almost instantly! Then before we had finished those, the entrees came out. The serving staff moved our appetizer plates away to make room for our entrees. Before we knew it, we were being asked for our dessert choices. A party of seven and we were in and out in just over an hour..no mention of a birthday celebration! I was very disappointed. The automatic 18% tip was added to the bill and I don't think it was deserved. I felt very rushed and did not get to enjoy my meal at all. My husband was even more disappointed. We eat out a lot at Disney and have never experienced this kind of service at any restaurant let alone a fairly expensive one! Never again!

Pros:

atmosphere

Cons:

service

Reviewer: Floridafan Review Date: 01/27/2016

The food and ambiance here were great. We split a flatbread (one with ham, potatoes and rosemary) for an appetizer, it was good. The bread and olive oil were great. The carbonara and linguine and clams were great. I think I preferred the linguine and clams as I needed to put pepper on the carbonara, but it was still great. The desserts and press pot coffee were excellent! We got the tiramisu, chocolate hazelnut cake and chocolate gelato. Jose was an attentive, fantastic server. We will be back!

Pros:

Food was delicious! Service was great!

Cons:

That I couldn't eat there more/None

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 01/14/2016

We ate here the 1st week of Nov.. We only waited for our table about 5 minutes but that was fine because we were seated in the small room at the far side of the restaurant. There was very little noise and only two other tables were full. Bruce was our server and the service was very good. I really like Italian food and was looking forward to eating here, since we were staying at the Boardwalk. My DH & I started with a caprese salad, the mozzarella was fresh and it was dressed well. I had the Polpetta Gigante which was great! Very flavorful with a delicious sauce. My DH has the eggplant dish which was also very good. We finished off with the tiramisu. Overall it was a great meal and we would go back especially if staying at the Boardwalk.

Pros:

Great food

Reviewer: snovak Review Date: 11/08/2015

Had dining reservations here on Oct.26th and enjoyed the food so much we made reservations for 2 days later. It was more than a meal, it was an experience. Our waitress (Andrea) was extremely knowledgeable with both the menu and wine parings and she was great at conversation and making you feel special. At no time did we feel rushed thru our meal even though the restaurant was very busy. The food was GREAT from salad to dessert, we are already looking forward to eating there during next years visit.

Pros:

Great food, great experience

Reviewer: jaxhockey Review Date: 08/18/2015

We tried the Trattoria on Saturday night during a brief weekend trip to WDW. We had eaten at this location during its previous iterations (Kouzinna, etc.), and I will say this was the best of the 3. Our food was good. I won't say it was extraordinary, but all members of our party of 8 enjoyed our meals. The wood fired pizzas were very good as we had one Margherita pizza and one prosciutto/potato (smoky and unique). All of the entrees were good, and the bread was plentiful and excellent.

Our server (Hollie) was outstanding. She was full of energy and a lot of fun. Great service and she made dining enjoyable for all of us. Her sister was actually the pizza chef, and my 10 yr old son was over talking to her for quite a while as she made the pizzas in the open kitchen.

I really like the atmosphere of Trattoria, as I didn't feel as crowded as I normally do at most Disney restaurants. The noise level was surprisingly low, but we were towards the windows facing the boardwalk area and not in the center.

All in all we really enjoyed our dinner and would certainly return.

Pros:

Service, Atmosphere, Food

Cons:

Non

Reviewer: Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/10/2015

The service here was excellent as was the bread and appetizer (antipasto). The food however left much to be desired. My husband and son had the giant meatball dinner. It was probably made of 75% parsley. It was very strange. I had one of the pasta dishes that was just very forgettable. It had little taste and was dry. I can't recommend coming here since we don't plan on returning.

Pros:

Service