Reviews of Trattoria al forno - Dinner

View Menus at Trattoria al Forno Dining Location

Children's Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Italian

Cuisines: Italian
A restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk which showcases classic Italian cuisine including handcrafted mozzarella made daily, fresh cavatelli pasta and pizzas baked in wood-burning ovens.

Trattoria al Forno is open daily for breakfast (7:30-11 a.m.) and dinner (5-10 p.m.). It opened December 18, 2014.

MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/dinner

CHILD MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/child-dinner

Reviewed by backtodisney2 Review Date: 03/11/2019

We've recently returned from a 10 night stay, and this restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. It really exceeded our expectations, the food was very good, the cocktails excellent and the service was very high level!

Pros:

The Boardwalk is always a pleasant place to spend the evening, and now we can also count on a great dinner.

Cons:

The only con is if you're using Disney transportation, and Epcot closes early you need to be be aware when making your ADR time.....or you are facing a trip to Disney Springs to catch another bus to your hotel.

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 02/20/2019

Love, Love, Love this place....its where we always start and end our vacation. Always pleased with our selections - food is very good, love the atmosphere and the wait staff is always willing to make you feel special. Each time we request Andrea, she has become part of our family...she's the best.

Pros:

Great food, excellent staff

Cons:

Little bit pricey...especially the wines

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/16/2019

Great Dinner, great steak, awesome special
Genevieve is a great waitress

Pros:

Service, accuracy, and quality

Reviewed by kj831 Review Date: 10/01/2018

I ate here recently with a friend of mine and loved it. She has to go places that offer Gluten Free options, so this is one of her favorites and it's now mine too. We had the Fried Calamari which was pretty good for being made GF. We both had the Chicken Parm as an entree. Yes the portions are small, but it's better than feeling miserable cause you're over stuffed. I loved the Chicken Parm, I don't know how but they are able to keep the chicken cutlet breading crispy despite the sauce and cheese on top. I'd definitely return here for dinner .

Pros:

everything

Cons:

portions are small, but that's ok

Reviewed by snowangel68 Review Date: 08/23/2018

We were staying at the Boardwalk in mid-August and decided to finally try Trattoria. We had not dined at this location since it changed from Kouzzina. It was a Saturday night, and we had a very pleasant experience - wait staff was kind, attentive and patient with our questions during our first visit. The food was excellent, and our seat had a view of the open kitchen, which made for a very relaxing and enjoyable evening.

We had such a wonderful experience, that we returned the following night (Sunday). The server was even better than the first visit! And the food was phenomenal! I ordered the NY strip, and loved it! NY strip is not my favorite cut of beef, but the way they prepared it makes my mouth water every time I think of that meal. I would definitely go back!

The only thing we noticed between the two visits that bothered us was the bread service. The first night, the server brought bread with olive oil. The second visit, we had balsamic vinegar and freshly grated parmesan cheese, in addition to the olive oil with the bread. I don't know which is standard, but both were delicious.

Pros:

Delicious Food, Relaxing Atmostpher, Attentive Waitstaff

Cons:

Bread Service Inconsistent between the two visits

Reviewed by KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

The reason for coming here is characters and they do a great job. I thought the food was good but the girls disliked both of their dishes and do not want to go back.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

We stopped here on a Thursday evening without a reservation and were pleased to be seated immediately. Smelled so good! My niece and I had caprese salad and chicken parmesan and cappuccino. Very good! We checked out what was being served around us and decided we will definitely be back. The pastas looked great. I thought prices were very reasonable for Disney.

Pros:

always fun to try a new restaurant

Reviewed by John Review Date: 05/08/2018

The food was really good and the service was excellent. I had the Lasagna and my wife had the
Seared Scallops.

Pros:

Excellent food

Cons:

a little noisy

Reviewed by ginny3 Review Date: 02/06/2018

This restaurant is new to us but we were not disappointed.
The seared scallops over pumpkin risotto was unbelievable and the chocolate mousse cake was Devine.
Being we were on the dining plan, the Peach Bellini was part of the plan allotment.

Pros:

Excellent

Reviewed by nrymut Review Date: 01/30/2017

I have eaten here before and had excellent meals. But this time was not good. We started with the calamari which was excellent. My husband had tuna and it was very good. I ordered risotto with an add on of scallops. The portion of the risotto was about right for an appetizer, not an entree. The 3 medium sized scallops for $9 were served on a saucer. (I did a double take on the saucer but that is what it was.) Server described the risotto as smoked carrot. There was no smoke. There were a couple of carrot slices on the top that were pickled. We would eat here again but will never order either their risotto or their scallops.

Pros:

Location, some of the food

Cons:

Risotto

Other topics in Boardwalk