Reviews of Trattoria al forno - Dinner

View Menus at Trattoria al Forno Dining Location

A restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk which showcases classic Italian cuisine including handcrafted mozzarella made daily, fresh cavatelli pasta and pizzas baked in wood-burning ovens.

Trattoria al Forno is open daily for breakfast (7:30-11 a.m.) and dinner (5-10 p.m.). It opened December 18, 2014.

MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/dinner

CHILD MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/trattoria-al-forno/child-dinner

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

Great atmosphere, friendly servers, over priced! We were very disappointed with the portion size. The bolognese was more like an appetizer than an entree. People next to us ordered spaghetti amp meatballs for their daughter which was double the size of my bolognese! 3-4 mouthfuls, and it was gone! We both left hungry! Such a ripoff!

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Over priced, tiny portions

Reviewer: kj831 Review Date: 10/01/2018

I ate here recently with a friend of mine and loved it. She has to go places that offer Gluten Free options, so this is one of her favorites and it's now mine too. We had the Fried Calamari which was pretty good for being made GF. We both had the Chicken Parm as an entree. Yes the portions are small, but it's better than feeling miserable cause you're over stuffed. I loved the Chicken Parm, I don't know how but they are able to keep the chicken cutlet breading crispy despite the sauce and cheese on top. I'd definitely return here for dinner .

Pros:

everything

Cons:

portions are small, but that's ok

Reviewer: snowangel68 Review Date: 08/23/2018

We were staying at the Boardwalk in mid-August and decided to finally try Trattoria. We had not dined at this location since it changed from Kouzzina. It was a Saturday night, and we had a very pleasant experience - wait staff was kind, attentive and patient with our questions during our first visit. The food was excellent, and our seat had a view of the open kitchen, which made for a very relaxing and enjoyable evening.

We had such a wonderful experience, that we returned the following night (Sunday). The server was even better than the first visit! And the food was phenomenal! I ordered the NY strip, and loved it! NY strip is not my favorite cut of beef, but the way they prepared it makes my mouth water every time I think of that meal. I would definitely go back!

The only thing we noticed between the two visits that bothered us was the bread service. The first night, the server brought bread with olive oil. The second visit, we had balsamic vinegar and freshly grated parmesan cheese, in addition to the olive oil with the bread. I don't know which is standard, but both were delicious.

Pros:

Delicious Food, Relaxing Atmostpher, Attentive Waitstaff

Cons:

Bread Service Inconsistent between the two visits

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

The reason for coming here is characters and they do a great job. I thought the food was good but the girls disliked both of their dishes and do not want to go back.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

We stopped here on a Thursday evening without a reservation and were pleased to be seated immediately. Smelled so good! My niece and I had caprese salad and chicken parmesan and cappuccino. Very good! We checked out what was being served around us and decided we will definitely be back. The pastas looked great. I thought prices were very reasonable for Disney.

Pros:

always fun to try a new restaurant

Reviewer: John Review Date: 05/08/2018

The food was really good and the service was excellent. I had the Lasagna and my wife had the
Seared Scallops.

Pros:

Excellent food

Cons:

a little noisy

Reviewer: JenC Review Date: 05/03/2018

My family and I ate here the week of April 24, 2018. We have eaten at this restaurant many times dating back to when it was Spoodles and then Kouzzina. The first year of Trattoria we had a much more positive experience, partly due to the fact that the menu listed a vegetarian option. With no more vegetarian options, my daughter and I had pizza, which was good. However, the waiter was clearly nervous and/or inexperienced. We got the wrong drink order and when he fixed it, he returned with glasses only half-full. He even gave my father only a half-full cup of coffee. Then he got the check wrong, too! The portions were small for the price paid, and when you tack on the not-so-great service, we likely won't be returning. It's a shame, because it's such a convenient spot for those staying at the Boardwalk. (For better tiramisu and zeppole, try Via Napoli in Epcot)

Pros:

good location

Cons:

expensive food, negative experience with waitstaff

Reviewer: ginny3 Review Date: 02/06/2018

This restaurant is new to us but we were not disappointed.
The seared scallops over pumpkin risotto was unbelievable and the chocolate mousse cake was Devine.
Being we were on the dining plan, the Peach Bellini was part of the plan allotment.

Pros:

Excellent

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 01/30/2017

I have eaten here before and had excellent meals. But this time was not good. We started with the calamari which was excellent. My husband had tuna and it was very good. I ordered risotto with an add on of scallops. The portion of the risotto was about right for an appetizer, not an entree. The 3 medium sized scallops for $9 were served on a saucer. (I did a double take on the saucer but that is what it was.) Server described the risotto as smoked carrot. There was no smoke. There were a couple of carrot slices on the top that were pickled. We would eat here again but will never order either their risotto or their scallops.

Pros:

Location, some of the food

Cons:

Risotto

Reviewer: snovak Review Date: 11/11/2016

Had breakfast here during my latest vacation (Oct. 25th - Nov. 2nd). The food was good, but I would rather eat here for dinner options. I didn't feel the price was worth it. The menu wasn't that big and I feel I could get a lot of the same things at other locations on property. I'm glad I tried it, but I will be back at dinner time only.

Pros:

Atmosphere