Reviews of Tortuga Tavern (was El Pirata Y el Perico)

View Menus at Tortuga Tavern Dining Location

Read more about Tortuga Tavern including a link to the menu here: http://allears.net/dining/location/tortuga-tavern

Adventureland

Reviewer: Thomas4 Review Date: 01/07/2019

Pepper jack pretzel is great!

Pros:

the pepper jack pretzel (snack credit) is awesome!!

Cons:

very limited menu

Reviewer: Meyer4 Review Date: 04/25/2017

The only selections available were Turkey leg and Hot Dogs. We stopped for the world famous turkey legs. They had two registers open. Each side had lines. When we paid we had to wait in our line. The lines on either side were fast. Once they emptied I tried to move over. They said I had to stay in my line to get our food. This did not make sense, the food is already prepared and all they have to do is put it on a tray. Needless to say my line was very slow. Had to wait for 3 people to get served meanwhile the lines on either side continued to be empty.

Pros:

Shaded open area

Cons:

Serving lines

Reviewer: evilqueenT Review Date: 06/12/2015

I had the southwest chicken salad (seems like the same one from pecos bills which i really like). Granddaughter had a chicken burrito which she liked. We were there the last week of March 2015 and they'd just done away with the toppings bar and don't have the taco salad on the menu anymore. We like going. Is it the best Mexican ever...no...it's a theme park quick serve but good for what it is. Portions are huge.

Pros:

An alternative from all the burgers and nuggets

Cons:

seating, can be pretty hot in warmer months

Reviewer: Rosebud Review Date: 10/15/2014

This place was insane and you almost want to give up.

Pros:

Food was decent

Cons:

What a zoo!

Reviewer: ars0525 Review Date: 12/17/2013

Went on Sunday (12-15) at 1pm. No lines & plenty of open seating. I got the chicken burrito. I was expecting something like Chipolte...this was much more basic. A giant tortilla with rice, beans & chicken open face with a sour cream package. At the topping station--lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheese, peppers (?)--that you could add. I added quite a bit & it was plenty of food to tide me over the rest of the day.

It's only open seasonal & only for a few hours per day. I was glad to finally try it. Nice to have a different food choice & since you can add as much as you want of the extras it's more food. I would go back again to try something else.

Pros:

different offerings, nice seating area, large portions

Reviewer: jberrong Review Date: 07/16/2013

I have come to WDW at least once to three times year for over 25 years and I have never had the chance to eat here. I wish it was open all year long! The food was good and there was plenty of seating. I think most everyone got the taco salad. The “fixins'” were in a separate area, but they were perfect for our salad. I did have to ask for ranch, that they didn't have, but did give me Caesar. Good enough, it was very good. My daughter ate the quesadillas and ate every bit of it.

Pros:

food, seating

Cons:

it is only open seasonally

Reviewer: MarysMom Review Date: 06/13/2013

There should not be this much confusion about plopping (bad) meat in a salad shell or beans and rice on a tortilla. Inexplicable.

The "toppings" bar consisted of four items -- if you count salsa (no jalepenos or anything fancy like that!) The same four items are repeated across the "bar" so it looks like more items. We were not the only ones complaining or stupefied by the "toppings" selection.

Also the CM who was standing at the toppings station did not care that they were totally out of forks.

Pros:

Cons:

Odd meat on salad, staff confused, "toppings" sparse

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Very limited selection and good isn't very good.

Pros:

Large space and usually not busy

Cons:

Limited selection and mostly outdoors if it's hot, not a good place to cool down

Reviewer: clayalex02 Review Date: 10/20/2016

No, No and No! I so wanted to like this place but it was a huge disappointment. I had the pork loin which was a fatty as it could be. Sister had the noodle bowl which had some weird pieces of so called chicken in it, it looked like chicken feet. When called to the attention of the server the manager came over and her meal was free. The desserts were not even finishable. It needs an overhaul before too many people try it and run the other way!

Pros:

Cons:

food