Reviews of Top of the World - Member Lounge

Top of the World - Member Lounge

Must be staying at Bay Lake Tower as a member on points to access. Opens at approx 5pm nightly.

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/top-of-the-world-lounge/snacks

Reviewer: miketp Review Date: 06/11/2016

Due to the heat and threat of storms my wife and I decided to watch the fireworks from here instead. The service was excellent. Very attentive waitress. The flatbread pizza was very good and reasonably priced. The habenero lime margaritas were excellent, good Patron tequila with a slight heat, not overly spicy. The view of the fireworks from the deck was fantastic. Be aware that check in is required on the first floor of the Bay Tower. A cast member has to activate the elevator for you. We came on the monorail from the Grand Floridian Villas and tried to go up from the 5th floor. Elevators will not go to lounge from there. You must take elevator down to the first and then go back up.

Pros:

Service appetizers

Cons:

Check in not clearly marked

Reviewer: allec999 Review Date: 05/20/2016

Headed to the lounge for a drink before dinner at the California Grill. Nice place. Since it was hours before the fireworks, the place was empty, which was nice. We tried going up to watch the fireworks the night before, but didn't realize we needed to check in in the lobby first, so we watched from our room instead. That was a bit annoying. But I get it - can't have non DVC guests heading up to the club. Overall, a nice idea.

Pros:

View

Cons:

Access

Reviewer: mzznlink Review Date: 08/03/2014

Can't beat the view but they need a larger selection of snacks and more wait staff to cut down on the wait. We had a table by the window which was Geary for the high up fireworks, but the crowd that lined the rail at the last minute blocked views of the castle.

Pros:

View (kinda)

Cons:

Selection/Staffing

Reviewer: Wendy Writes Review Date: 05/04/2014

Very nice location, most people seem to come up for the fireworks then leave. The lounge should come up with a reasonable drink menu, less formal feel and good food selections that don't take forever. Maybe people would hang out longer.

Pros:

Beautiful View

Cons:

prices

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 01/23/2013

I spent about an hour here solo for my one drink during vacation and the cheese plate. It was wonderful. Very funky atmosphere, good service. Cheese plate is very good and I asked for and received more crackers!! It is so nice that DVC actually has something all to ourselves. Highly recommend it and will return.

Pros:

Atmosphere, food, service