Reviews of The World of Avatar - Pandora Experiences

We want to hear your thoughts on Disney's Animal Kingdom's newest land, Pandora - The World of Avatar. Tell us what you think of the theme, attractions, merchandise, food... everything!

All Ears® Reviews: http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/2017/05/a_parents_guide_to_disneys_pan.html

Reviewer: Anita Krolikowski Review Date: 09/26/2018

Best ride/adventure ever! Secure me on my banshee and let me fly. I was amazed at how immersed I was from beginning to end. All I could say for quite a while after was ....WOW

Pros:

Individual seating

Cons:

Popularity =long lines Must do FP!!

Reviewer: Sarahbella82 Review Date: 09/20/2018

Animal Kingdom\'s newest realm is a sight to behold. The over the top design is stunning and begs to be explored. While the land isn\'t large, the winding paths and 360 degree visual stimulation allow for exploration. Both attractions are fantastic, with Flight of Passage offering thrills and Navi River Journey offering gentle immersion.

Pros:

Attractions are fabulous. Satuli Canteen is delicious. Fun to explore. Easy to find. Spreads guests around.

Cons:

Smaller than expected. Some don\'t get NRJ. Long wait times.

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 09/15/2018

I forced myself to watch the film, which I had never seen, a few days before my trip so I would have some understanding of this new land during our Labor Day weekend trip. The movie is quite long, but I was in awe of Pandora when I saw it in person. Got Flight of Passage Fastpasses for the evening at 60+ days.

We arrived to the park a little ahead of an 8am opening on 9/2, and were heading to Pandora by 7:45, where we basically walked on Na'vi River Journey. It's true that the Shaman of Songs is truly a masterpiece.

I am 100% sure that Disney was employing some form of "Stacking" the queue for Flight of Passage at just after 8. The end of the line was well out into the land but we waited only about 45 minutes including pre-show. We rode standby just in case we wanted to use the Fastpass to ride again later, and I think this was a good strategy. The queue is so detailed and there's so much to look at that I can honestly say it didn't feel like 45 minutes...and I typically refuse to wait more than 20 minutes for anything that isn't a nighttime spectacular.

I was nervous about fitting on the ride but my mom and I both used the test seat and they said we "should" be fine. My restraint closed with no issue. They needed to give my mom a little extra push but she fit too. I think for this first ride we were higher up and it was genuinely the most amazing ride I've ever been on!

We didn't eat at the Canteen or browse in the gift shop but I took TONS of pictures throughout the land, day and night. We returned for our Fastpass after 7pm and I'm glad we did the standby queue because the Fastpass line skips all of the cool details. I think we were in a lower row that time. I could see at least one row of riders above us and the ride felt more intense, and the visuals not quite as smooth. I felt a little "off" for a short while after riding.

We came back again to explore after dark just around 10pm as the park was closing. Didn't stay long but it was worth it to see the hyped "bioluminescent" plants. They started sound effects of things growling from the surrounding forested areas and it was quite unnerving - probably to get the guests moving along so the cast members can go home for the night!

Pros:

The level of detail is amazing and Flight of Passage is on another level

Cons:

Reviewer: stallisman Review Date: 06/22/2018

Visited during the Flower Garden Fest in May.
While very crowded most of the time, we did have fast passes for the 2 attractions so that wasn't a problem. When you first enter
Pandora, you are immediately taken there in every respect. The smells and sights are extreme. The land is designed so that you feel you really are in another place. Even the 2 attractions are hidden from your normal view. I was surprised that when walking around Pandora that the entire land seemed somewhat smaller than I expected. It literally takes about 10 minutes to traverse the entire area. Besides the 2 attractions which are hidden, there's a shop, a quick serve spot, the restaurant and the restrooms. That's everything.
With the very impressive bio-luminescent plants everywhere you need make sure you visit at night as well as during the less crowded early morning.
Restaurant is different but good and we ate there twice. Flight attraction is sorta like an intense 3D Soarin' and is outstanding.
Navi River is a quiet boat trip through Pandora.
Note that having seen the movie may increase the interest in the Navi River attraction but the Flight is great either way.

Pros:

Extremely immersive

Cons:

smaller than expected

Reviewer: tink Review Date: 03/21/2018

I really liked walking though Pandora especially at night.I also liked having a picture taken in the same place during the day and then at night.The food at satuli canteen was good , not the usual food you get at most theme park quick service.
The morning I was there (Thursday at the end of January) they let people into Pandora at 8:30am.
Park opening was officially 9am.I arrived at 7:45 when they let us in the line kept moving for FOP.I was concerned how I would be motion sickness wise on FOP.For me, what I was looking at , not the actual motion, was what bothered me a little, but 15-20 min later I was fine, The first time I went on I keshut my eyes a lot and I felt fine.

Pros:

walking though especially at night FOP and Satuli Canteen

Cons:

very long lines

Reviewer: colemamma Review Date: 02/26/2018

Pandora was beautiful, but crazy crowded during our late Nov 2017 trip. We felt that, in the day, this area was extremely hot and there were not many places where you got a break from the sun. We enjoyed it much more in the evening, not only because it was cooler, but also because the lighting and glow effects were lovely.

We rode both Flight of Passage and River Journey. We enjoyed both rides. The River Journey is something most anyone can and would enjoy. Flight of Passage is pretty intense though. I don't think Disney makes people as aware of this as they should. I would advise anyone that is afraid of heights, has back or circulation problems, prone to claustrophobia or motion sickness to avoid it. The restraints are extremely tight-fitting. My daughter (14) was overwhelmed at the simulated heights and closed her eyes for much of the ride. And my son and husband complained the rest of the day that their man parts hurt because the seats rumble and move to simulate a banshee breathing and diving.

Pros:

beautifully themed, especially at dark

Cons:

crowds, not a lot of shade on hot days, Flight of Passage more intense than they let on

Reviewer: Stanton Review Date: 01/26/2018

Thought I would pass on my impressions of Pandora since there haven't been a lot of reviews posted here.
My wife and I attended the week after opening (in May), and were it not for the "special late entry" given to on property hotel guests, I doubt we would have been able to experience the 2 rides more than once due to the excessive crowds (which were understandable).
Having said that, we were very impressed with all aspects of the "land". Flight of Passage was hands down the best simulator ride--of any type--I've ever been on. Night-time photos (especially photo-pass) were exceptional as attention to detail was exceptional. I bought one of the Navi scans/figures/whatever you want to call it and loved the experience.
I think the addition of Pandora and Rivers of Light show has transformed Animal Kingdom into an "all day and night" park. For those of you who couldn't fit on simulator ride vehicle, just wait until they bring Tron to the Magic Kingdom: there is no way you will be able to fit on the Light Cycle. We rode it in Shanghai Disney last year and it was thrilling (granted we are average size).

Pros:

Theming

Cons:

Crowds

Reviewer: Jellybean Review Date: 10/06/2017

Overall it was a great ride one of the best we experienced at Disney. If the line-ups weren't so long I would do it over and over again. Unfortunately, we were unable to get fast passes. We had to wait 90 - 120 minutes first thing in the morning. We did it twice and both times in the morning. On our last day the plan was to do it at night as well, but my 9 year old was feeling tired. We did get to see Pandora at night, which is beautiful I might add.

Pros:

In my opinion this was by far the best ride at disney for me. I'm not a fan of roller coasters, but this was just enough trill for me and my family.

Cons:

Size limitations should be posted. I had a young girl sitting next to me crying because her father was either to large/tall to fit on the bike. Her mother stayed with her, but it was sad to see someone crying at Disney.

Reviewer: Linda22227 Review Date: 06/19/2017

About Avatar Flight of Passage: my adult son weighs nearly 300 pounds and carries his weight in his torso due to medication weight gain. The cast member assisting us was unable to lock him into the ride vehicle during passholder preview. He was forced to leave and it was a very frustrating and embarrassing experience for him. There are no other rides at WDW that he has an issue with.

Pros:

wonderful experience

Cons:

slight motion sickness issues

Reviewer: beachpup Review Date: 06/09/2017

Visited May 30-June 5th. I've never been a fan of Avatar. Saw it, thought it was an okay movie, still not convinced this is a good fit for Disney. I went in with an open mind, and honestly was kind of disappointed in the theming. The fake plants are obvious, and not numerous enough to make it feel totally alien. At night there isn't really enough illumination to match the movie which was surprising. After visiting a second time at night it seemed better since it was less crowded, the best part being the 'glowing' walkways. We had a fastpass for Flight of Passage and walked right on, with the standby line ridiculously long. We got all the way to the ride vehicles and the person I was with , who is not that large, couldn't ride since the restraint wouldn't fit to his leg. This is totally upsetting since he has never been unable to ride any other Disney ride. Out of respect for him I didn't ride either, and was told we would get a fast pass for any other ride we wanted, EXCEPT the Na'vi River Ride. Thanks, welcome to our new land, you can't ride anything! Walking out another man was waiting for his party and the same thing happened to him, his calf wouldn't allow the restraint to set. Not cool Disney. We went again one early morning and I got on, and the ride is extremely well done, very cool, like Soarin on steroids. What's odd is, this time the leg restraint didn't even come close to the back of my leg, and seemed unnecessary. What gives? Disney has their Universal fighter.
The Na'vi River Journey ( which we had a fastpass for another day) is short but done well, the best thing being the animatronic at the end.
We ate breakfast at the Satu'li Canteen, which was pretty good, we had the 'steak and eggs' which was a generous portion of meat, and the french toast, each made to look a bit alien.
I was excited since this was 'new Disney' and not Avatar. I was underwhelmed to be honest, and I really wanted to like it. The Flight of Passage is a fantastic ride, one of the best. The rest all feels a bit... alien... and not very Disney.

Pros:

well designed new land

Cons:

friend couldn't ride Flight of Passage