Reviews of The Wave Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Wave... of American Flavors Dining Location

The Wave is located on the ground floor of the Contemporary Resort. It opened for lunch on June 8, 2008 and for dinner on June 7, 2008.

AllEars® review:

All Ears® Review #2: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2008/06/the_wave_at_disneys_contempora.html

Photo Blog and Review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2010/03/the_wave_contemporary_resort_p.html

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/wave-of-american-flavors/lunch
Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/wave-of-american-flavors/dinner
Kid's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/wave-of-american-flavors/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by MFS Review Date: 04/14/2019

We had a great meal here! With only two of us, we were able to get into lunch without reservations. I have many food limitations, and Chef Baker came out to work with me on creating a meal I would truly enjoy. He worked with me to find things to put ON my plate, rather than just what has to come OFF. My husband and I both enjoyed our burgers, and the iced tea was delicious and our glasses were always full. I'd come back here in a heartbeat.

Pros:

Service; food; volume; availability

Cons:

None I can think of

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 02/16/2019

Went for dinner with family and the restaurant manager recognized me from previous visits. The Chef came out to talk to a family member in our party who has celiac disease and was able to accommodate her dietary request.

Good bread service multigrain bun cut into slices, gluten free rolls available and served hot with butter with sea salt.

The gnocchi was cooked perfectly, held its shape, nicely seasoned with sweet potatoes, onions, mushrooms in a cream sauce. Just the right potion size, perfect potion of sauce with none left over when finished your dish.

Forest Mushrooms, Sweet Potatoes, Rainbow Swiss Chard, Brown Butter-Parmesan-Sage Cream

Desert was the seasonal flight a assortment of 3 deserts, a cheesecake with berries, a berry cobbler and strawberry shortcake.

overall a 7/10 good food and glad to see Chef Kim again.

Pros:

good atmosphere, friendly staff, chefs visit

Cons:

N/A

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

We ate here once for lunch. The food is local farm fresh when possible and organic. The lunch menu is rather standard but very tasty. We ordered the grilled chicken.

Pros:

farm fresh tasty

Reviewed by Sandi Scott Review Date: 09/27/2018

My husband and I went for our 5th Anniversary and the food was some of the best I have had at Disney including Victoria & Alberts! Plus our waiter went above and beyond for us! He gave us complimentary champagne and even had the chef make us a beautiful desert complete with handmade chocolate roses!

Pros:

Among the best food at Disney. Comparable to California Grill but less expensive and better chance of getting reservations!

Cons:

Pricey if not on dining plan.

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 09/26/2018

Been to this restaurant 3 times and will be back again next summer. Always a delicious dinner with great service. Beautiful interior-Very modern decor. The food is always fantastic. Fresh organic ingredients make it more special. It was our 30th anniversary but we didnt tell anyone except when we made our disney reservations months prior,but somehow, word got out to our server and what a surprise-he brought us a beautiful dessert plate and 2 glasses of champagne! So special and such a great ending to our dinner!

Pros:

Food, service, decor

Reviewed by elainep Review Date: 09/15/2018

Met some local Orlando friends for dinner at The Wave at the Contemporary on Tuesday, July 3rd. We had an ADR for 6:30 with the ultimate goal of viewing the holiday fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck at 9:05. Seems like a long time between dinner and fireworks viewing, but it turned out we needed every minute of it. We were seated in a u-shaped banquette just after our ADR time—there were 7 of us. Our server was Leanna, who was outstanding—when we couldn’t decide on wine, she offered samples; when one of the diners asked if she could get the mussels entrée with the sauce that was served with the mussels appetizer, she said “no problem”. An issue with one of the entrees (a beef tenderloin that was over cooked and fatty) was dealt with and resolved promptly. The filet I ordered was fine. Was it the best on property? No, that nod goes to LeCellier or Shula’s, but the seasonal salad appetizer I had was terrific, as were the 2 glasses of Oberon cabernet I enjoyed. Other dining companions ordered the filet, gnocchi and the fish of the day (a spicy salmon) and were quite happy with their selections. We shared several dessert options and were done just after 8:30, plenty of time before the fireworks started, which was really convenient, especially for holiday viewing and avoiding the crowds on Main Street. Plus, the lounge adjacent to The Wave is a pretty good spot as well …

Pros:

Convenient for fireworks viewing

Cons:

Good food, but not quite a signature restaurant

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

Great food, Great Staff, Chefs are the best on Disney property. Chefs Kimi Holt and Michael Baker showcase their talents in every dish served here at The Wave.

As a Chef myself and a Critic I am always looking to see who has the talent to bring out the best dishes in Disney.

I had the Grilled Beef Tenderloin with a blue moon beer followed by desert Chocolate Flight.

The Grilled Beef Tenderloin was cooked to perfection and great presentation.

The Chocolate Flight was incredible, a bourbon cherry glazed chocolate cake, a peanut better bar with a light mouse for presentation and a light chocolate tart.

Always impressive every time I come here. So far my favorite restaurant on Disney property. Defiantly looking forward to coming here again.

Pros:

Great Food, friendly staff

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 11/03/2017

My wife and I attempted to have dinner here 2 years ago, but our plans were derailed by a late flight and Florida traffic. So we tried again this year, on a whim. Great decision. Food is wonderful. Service was good as well - our server was on with her recommendations. Atmosphere is a little dark - no windows, but still a neat place. And - dare I say it - reasonable prices? For Disney, at least. Highly recommend!

Pros:

Food!

Cons:

A little dark

Reviewed by mickeymom5 Review Date: 09/04/2017

We ate here on July 7, 2017. We were a group of nine. We had such a great time! The service was perfect...attentive but not annoying. We all enjoyed our meals. Several of us got the beef tenderloin. Super yummy! We also asked the server if we could change up the sides with our entrees, and she said that was perfectly fine. All the sides were spot on! We also ordered some seasonal dessert flights, and those did not disappoint! We have been going to WDW for years, and I don't know how we have never tried this restaurant before! We definitely will be going back!

Pros:

service and food

Cons:

nothing

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/28/2017

We had eaten here before and were looking forward to coming back and bringing some folks who had not eaten here before. We had such an awesome experience the last time, but this time, it was a little bit of a let down. The food was good, but not really for the price paid. My son ordered scallops and hated them and the waitress did nothing about it. The whole ordering process with him and what was delivered was just not up to par with our last visit (he has celiac). Our waitress was nice, but not very good. We may return someday, but with so many other great choices, it may be a very long time.