Reviews of Teppan Edo - Japan

View Menus at Teppan Edo Dining Location

Cuisines: Asian
Read more about Teppan Edo including a link to the menu here:

Teppan Edo in Epcot's Japan.
Open for Lunch and Dinner

Reviewed by jkkd Review Date: 05/02/2016

This was our first trip to Teppan Edo. We really did enjoy it. The food was so good! Then of course the fun of the chef and his cooking presentation was outstanding!! We had only a little tiny brief wait before they took us to our table. Our chef was wonderful. He really put a lot of fun into our meal. My husband and I were seated with a lovely family that was mom, dad two sweet little girls and their grandparents. Everyone at our table enjoyed the show as well as the food. It was a wonderful experience.
We have hibachi grills that we frequent at home and I really feared that this meal would be exactly what I could get at home, however, this was more fun and there was that Disney difference in this meal. We would definitely do this again!!!

Pros:

Great food

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

We really enjoyed every aspect of our meal. Service was great and the food was delicious. The young woman who took our orders did a trick with the chop stick wrapper which made the chops sticks easy to use for my 5 year old granddaughter. (And me as well) Best desert for me was the hot Green Tea. It soothes your stomach after you stuff yourself silly. Thank goodness for the Dinning Plan!

Pros:

Awesome Food and a lot of it.

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

This is one of my family's favorite restaurants. And we had a good meal here. The couple we sat with was very friendly! And we had a great time. But there are some menu changes I don't care for: they took scallops off the entree choices so I had to find another option. I had the shrimp and it was really good but not as good as scallops. The white rice has been replaced with beef rice. The mushrooms are gone but the vegetables offered were good. So still a good meal was had by us all. The fillet is very tender I was told by those who chose it.

Pros:

Great Service! Good dinner

Cons:

they made some menu changes that I'm not fond of

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 11/08/2015

Ate here on Oct. 31st. Had dining reservations and checked in 15 min. early...they immediately took us to our table. The wait staff are impeccable and the food was wonderful. The 3 of us had steak and shrimp which was cooked to perfection, and we ended with the green tea cheese cake. I was a little worried about the taste seeing I'm not a fan of tea but it had a raspberry sauce on it, and it was great. We will be dining here again...I highly recommend.

Pros:

great food, fun atmosphere

Reviewed by jules2014 Review Date: 05/16/2015

ate here on May 12, 2015. I had an ADR, and was taken in at the exact time. The staff here is excellent, that's the good part. the not so good part, i ordered the swordfish (something i cook regularly at home so i know what it looks like thoroughly cooked) and the chef left the middle pink. i didnt touch a bite of it. the noodles and veggies were good. the rice was so-so but the sauces they give you are pretty tasty. my dining partner had the steak and enjoyed it. Everyone else at the table seem to enjoy their dinner. Personally i wouldnt eat here again.

Pros:

staff

Cons:

fish was undercooked

Reviewed by Dsnygrl Review Date: 02/15/2015

We went to Teppan Edo January 2nd for dinner. we arrived a half hour before our seating, were given a pager and told we could browse anywhere in the pavilion while we waited. We chose to sit in the waiting area for the restaurant. Be warned that Teppan Edo and Tokyo Grill share both the check-in and waiting area so it gets very congested. Pet peeve of mine, the rest rooms are very inadequate for the two restaurants to share and you need to actually leave Teppan Edo to access them. Also bothersome is how close the cooking tables are to each other. When I had to use the rest room, I felt like I was climbing over my fellow diners! All that aside, we greatly enjoyed our dinner. Our chef's name was Haruna and when she introduced herself she made a point to say, Haruna, is like Hakuna Matata so she was as wonderful as the phrase! She was very entertaining, even making a Minnie Mouse on the cooking table using the cooking oil. Service was excellent, although we could have used quicker service on refills, but before we left we were offered a to-go cup of soda or tea if we wished (nice touch!). My son and I each ordered the sushi plate as an appetizer. 5 pieces of sushi and 4 pieces of sashimi for around $10 is not bad by Disney standards. My husband ordered the Tempura sampler and was very disappointed as it came out cold and had a very small portion for the price. I ordered the sirloin and shrimp plate, my son the chicken and sirloin and my husband the chicken and shrimp. The portions were great for the meat, but I really would have enjoyed more noodles and veggies with my meal. They did offer unlimited rice which was perfectly sticky to eat with chopsticks! I was celebrating my birthday and wearing a pin. I ordered the green tea/vanilla swirl ice cream and was pleasantly surprised when our bill came to find out they had given me my dessert for free! My son ordered the Plum Wine as a dessert cordial. He enjoyed it very much although it was a little too sweet for my taste. We greatly enjoyed our meal and will return another time I am sure.

Pros:

quality of food, entertaining cook

Cons:

price a little high for what you get

Reviewed by WarEagleAuburn Review Date: 01/02/2015

We've been coming to Teppan Edo for years, and I have to say, this was our worst visit. First of all, they changed the noodles. Now they use what seems to be a gluten-free skinny noodle that is awful. They changed the rice...from white rice to a rice with beef. Then they changed the veggies by adding cabbage! This time our filets tasted old (liver-y), even though it was the week between Christmas and New Years and the turnover was extreme--no need for old steaks. I've always given this restaurant a 10...but no more.

Pros:

Great service

Cons:

They changed the noodles, rice, and veggies!

Reviewed by Scrapping in Ontario Review Date: 10/01/2014

My 5yo DD and I went here for the very first time last week and we'll go back for sure! The cast members were so gracious! The food was delicious and it was such a treat to watch our chef entertain us while he prepared the meal in front of us. I have wanted to visit a hibachi style restaurant for years and now that we've been to Teppan Edo we'll go back again for sure!!

Pros:

Fun Atmosphere, Delicious Food

Reviewed by Alexandra1986 Review Date: 09/22/2014

We just recently ate at Teppan Edo on September 2. This is a family tradition to eat here, the food is always amazing, service is spot on and the Chef's who do the cooking are always entertaining. This trip we started with the tempura and sushi sampler both were delicious, the main course we both had the filet which is so tender and flavourful, and lastly we had green tea ice cream and green tea cheesecake. The Chef we had was amazing and very entertaining. We have no complaints when we eat here.

Pros:

food, price, entertainment

Reviewed by cjane65 Review Date: 09/21/2014

This is a very fun choice, my daughter in law wanted something different but fun. This certainly filled the bill! The food was wonderfully fresh, the chef was very entertaining and kept our grand kids laughing. There was way too much food and we took dessert home with us. A very happy choice, we will be back

Pros:

entertaining, fresh food