Reviews of Teppan Edo - Japan

View Menus at Teppan Edo Dining Location

Cuisines: Asian
Read more about Teppan Edo including a link to the menu here:

Teppan Edo in Epcot's Japan.
Open for Lunch and Dinner

Reviewed by minniemouse50 Review Date: 07/20/2017

My daughters and I dined here on Saturday, July 1st. It was the first night of our vacation and when I booked it I couldn't think of a better way to kick off our vacation. This was our third time eating here and will be our last. I felt we were rushed and the quality of the food was poor. My steak was very fatty and the rice was cold, stuck together in a clump and very salty

Pros:

Cons:

Price and food quality

Reviewed by tiggeress Review Date: 02/07/2017

We ate here for a quick full service meal on our plan. We didn't want to take up too much time from our evening at Epcot. That said, that's exactly what we got.

If you're looking for a special meal, or a romantic meal, look elsewhere. The food is ok, about the same as any Japanese restaurant, so you can maybe do better around your home in terms of a special meal. Service was fine, but our chef was so obviously new that I felt bad for him when everyone from our table was watching the show at the next table. He was sweet and gracious throughout. The meals were a few dollars more than they'd be off-Disney. While that's expected, it's also a good reason to just pass on this during your trip to Disney.

I have nothing against this restaurant, but you can eat at a restaurant like this whenever you want. Next time I'll choose somewhere more unique.

Pros:

Fast Meal

Cons:

Loud and Rushed

Reviewed by WarEagleAuburn Review Date: 01/02/2015

We've been coming to Teppan Edo for years, and I have to say, this was our worst visit. First of all, they changed the noodles. Now they use what seems to be a gluten-free skinny noodle that is awful. They changed the rice...from white rice to a rice with beef. Then they changed the veggies by adding cabbage! This time our filets tasted old (liver-y), even though it was the week between Christmas and New Years and the turnover was extreme--no need for old steaks. I've always given this restaurant a 10...but no more.

Pros:

Great service

Cons:

They changed the noodles, rice, and veggies!

Reviewed by debg33 Review Date: 06/09/2019

We had dined here for lunch 2 years ago and loved it so much we decided to have dinner here. Our reservation was at 7:25pm. We were not seated until 8pm. We were seated in a very small room way to the back of the restaurant. It felt very claustrophobic being back there. The salad had too much dressing this time and was very salty. Our chef was very blah. She did not interact with us or make the dinner special. The last time our chef was wonderful and did fun things and tricks while preparing our meal. I ordered the steak and shrimp. The shrimp were delicious but the steak was very tough. I was really looking forward to this meal as it was the highlight of our last trip. However, I was very disappointed. I would give it a chance again. I would not avoid it for one bad experience. Maybe reserve for lunch again.

Pros:

Experience of hibachi

Cons:

Tough steak, salty salad dressing

Reviewed by shell51569 Review Date: 04/19/2019

Although this place has good reviews, my experience here was not the best. The service was so so, the food was ok, nothing special. Expensive too.

Pros:

Nice hibachi style atmosphere which is fun

Cons:

Pricey, food is very average

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Entertaining

Pros:

fun meal

Cons:

food is just so so

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

Celebrated my niece's birthday here. Fantastic dinner with Chef Nagatoshi. The scallops, shrimp and chicken were delicious and the chef's special attention to the Birthday Girl made it a very special meal. Chef was an artist with onions!

Pros:

Best meal of this vacation.

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

This is your standard "Benihana" style Japanese place where they cook the food in front of you. The food is good, they portions aren't that large. But the staff is super friendly and my kids absolutely love this, this love it more than character dining and because of that I have to give it 10/10.

Pros:

Kids love it, they cook the food in front of you, very interactive, usually can get a reservation.

Cons:

portions aren't very large

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

Food was good- service was not as great. We were served drinks when we first sat down and had to flag down a waitress halfway through the meal for refills. Table we sat at also was in a narrow walk way so people walking by kept bumping into our chairs. Also note they do not take tables of wonder!

Pros:

Food was good

Cons:

Service was not great- could have been that night but waitress was not around to give drink refills.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

In 2016 our family of 8 had an ADR here and were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and each of us ordered what we wanted. The chef was amazing and amusing while preparing our food right in front of our eyes. My youngest grandson ate his entire meal with chop sticks. I was impressed as it was his 1st attempt with them. In a word "YUM"

Pros:

Food was excellent well prepared and presented.

Cons:

N/A