Reviews of Teppan Edo - Japan

View Menus at Teppan Edo Dining Location

Read more about Teppan Edo including a link to the menu here:

Teppan Edo in Epcot's Japan.
Open for Lunch and Dinner

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

Celebrated my niece's birthday here. Fantastic dinner with Chef Nagatoshi. The scallops, shrimp and chicken were delicious and the chef's special attention to the Birthday Girl made it a very special meal. Chef was an artist with onions!

Pros:

Best meal of this vacation.

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

This is your standard "Benihana" style Japanese place where they cook the food in front of you. The food is good, they portions aren't that large. But the staff is super friendly and my kids absolutely love this, this love it more than character dining and because of that I have to give it 10/10.

Pros:

Kids love it, they cook the food in front of you, very interactive, usually can get a reservation.

Cons:

portions aren't very large

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

Food was good- service was not as great. We were served drinks when we first sat down and had to flag down a waitress halfway through the meal for refills. Table we sat at also was in a narrow walk way so people walking by kept bumping into our chairs. Also note they do not take tables of wonder!

Pros:

Food was good

Cons:

Service was not great- could have been that night but waitress was not around to give drink refills.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

In 2016 our family of 8 had an ADR here and were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and each of us ordered what we wanted. The chef was amazing and amusing while preparing our food right in front of our eyes. My youngest grandson ate his entire meal with chop sticks. I was impressed as it was his 1st attempt with them. In a word "YUM"

Pros:

Food was excellent well prepared and presented.

Cons:

N/A

Reviewer: Scrapping in Ontario Review Date: 02/12/2018

We enjoyed our supper here! Food was plentiful, flavorful and delicious! A great change from buffet style food. A fun dining experience too as your chef cooks right in front of you. Also enjoyed getting to know the family we sat with. We will be back!!

Pros:

Excellent food! Family Fun!

Reviewer: Rockerchick15 Review Date: 01/29/2018

Food was good, and the chef was friendly and talented.

However, back home at our local teppanyaki restaurant-we learned that the more you interact with the chef, the more extra food you are likely to get (usually only rice or shrimp, but hey, we'll take it!)

I'm sure it's due to Disney regulations, but we definitely did not get that here. It is definitely a nice place to get off your feet for awhile though!

Pros:

Tasty Food, Friendly Staff

Cons:

Smaller portions of food than most teppanyaki restaurants

Reviewer: Geri604 Review Date: 10/08/2017

This used to be a must-do every trip. but when they changed to the sukiyaki rice a couple of years ago, we skipped it our last two trips. We decided to try it again, after I heard they still had steamed rice - all you had to do was ask for it. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that they brought back the steamed rice as the standard! I had the steak and chicken and both were cooked perfectly. My mom had the scallops, which she said were the best she's ever had, and my dad had the filet, which he also enjoyed. The veggies were great as well. This has now been added back to our "every trip" list

Pros:

Good food; funny chef; they brought back the steamed rice

Reviewer: Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/28/2017

We go here every time we visit WDW for a reason. The food never, ever disappoints. Always a delicious meal and the show that goes with it is awesome. We will be back!

Reviewer: minniemouse50 Review Date: 07/20/2017

My daughters and I dined here on Saturday, July 1st. It was the first night of our vacation and when I booked it I couldn't think of a better way to kick off our vacation. This was our third time eating here and will be our last. I felt we were rushed and the quality of the food was poor. My steak was very fatty and the rice was cold, stuck together in a clump and very salty

Pros:

Cons:

Price and food quality

Reviewer: SKNJ Review Date: 07/17/2017

This was our first time eating here. The food was very good as well as the entertainment from the chef. We ate with another family that was similar to ours and it was their first visit to DW. We were able to share some tips with them that we use. It was very quick and doesn't take a lot of time. We were able to get in early which was great for us.

Pros:

quick service