Reviews of Tangierine Cafe

View Menus at Tangierine Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Tangierine Cafe including a link to the menu here: http://allears.net/dining/location/tangierine-cafe

Counter Service - Lunch/Dinner
Morocco - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by khh1997 Review Date: 07/28/2014

On July 27, I stopped by here to grab a quick lunch. The service was very fast as there was no one else ordering, which should have been a sign. I ordered the falafel sandwich wrap, and the falafel was so hard I couldn't even cut it with my fork. I stabbed it and bit into it and it was cold as ice. The pita was the best part of the meal. I could only make myself eat two of the four falafel, but I will never eat here again. The two salads that came with the sandwich were not that great either. Maybe some of the other dishes are better, but I do not recommend this one!

Pros:

fast service

Cons:

food was terrible

Reviewed by hebspanteach Review Date: 12/30/2013

I can not say how good the food is here because I never got a chance to eat any of it. You see, my partner has a food allergy and upon telling this to the cast member, she said that the chef would come and talk to us. So we waited 10 minutes and the chef didn't come, so we asked what the hold up was...it wasn't busy...it was only 11:15 am. We waited and waited and asked 3 times what the problem was. So after 30 minutes of waiting for absolutely NOTHING, we left! And we will NEVER go back again.

Pros:

IDK

Cons:

SERVICE WAS THE WORST!!!!

Reviewed by cholmberg Review Date: 01/21/2013

I had such high hopes for this place after so many good reviews.. . .I am very sorry to say that my experience was not good at all. I got the chicken/lamb shawarma platter. . .and it wasn't even mediocre. Both the lamb and the chicken was VERY dry, and was old. . . it wasn't even warm. They had very little flavor. The sauce was only a drizzle and it also was nothing special. The tabbouleh was odd tasting and very sweet, which wasn't what I was expecting given past experience with tabbouleh. The hummus was bland. .. . and they just glopped it all the on the plate and pushed it across the counter. I was VERY disappointed.

Pros:

fast

Cons:

the food

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

I had the Mediterranean Falafel Wrap and my husband had the Saffron Rotisserie chicken both of us enjoyed this lunch very much.

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

only outside seating

Reviewed by Julie Review Date: 09/30/2018

We've discovered that we can share a Shawarma platter & still have room to sample other things in the World Showcase. The platter includes pita, hummus, meat w/veggies & Tabouleh. It will easily feed 2, maybe 3 people. Delicious!

Pros:

Usually not a long line and easy to find a table at which to eat.

Cons:

Sometimes, the music from the stage in the Morocco pavilion is a little loud and the outside seating is near a restroom, so there are people milling about.

Reviewed by magicalcouple Review Date: 09/27/2018

Love this place! Here you can find a refreshing, not too heavy, but spice delicious meal. I love that your plate has a variety of items including hummus! While I may enjoy this type of food, my dear son does not. No worries guys, they have chicken fingers with fries! If you are looking for a quick meal around the world showcase, do come by and enjoy the shawarma platter with hummus, couscous, and bread!

Pros:

Delicious Quick Service

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by Liz McKinnell Review Date: 09/21/2018

We love the Tangerine Cafe!! We have been eating here since our first trip in 1999 and have never had a bad experience yet.
Our party of three had the schwarma platters which, as always, provide plenty of delicious meat and tasty bread with hummus and other middle eastern accompaniments. Clean plates all round.
I also highly recommend the iced mint tea that they serve at the coffee/cake counter - it is extremely refreshing on a hot day.

Pros:

Iced mint tea, delicious food

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 03/01/2018

Tangierine Cafe is one of the better fast food restaurants in Disney World. We ate there at the beginning of December.
The food is fresh and the restaurant is very clean. Ordering is a bit confusing, but not bad compared to some restaurants in the World. I had the combination shawarma plate and found it excellent. It was too much food for lunch for me, but many would find the serving size just right. I guess that the meal might be a bit exotic to some, but I found the spicing of the side salads a little on the timid side. The staff is delightful and they stay busy sweeping floors and busing tables, so the restaurant looks tidy. Overall, very impressed, and I will return.

Pros:

Great service and food

Cons:

Small seating area

Reviewed by Rockerchick15 Review Date: 01/29/2018

I loved this place! I got the Chicken and Lamb Shawarma platter. I never knew I liked tabbouleh until then! Everything was delicious!

I also had the Moroccan red wine, which was delicious! I normally like dry red wines, and this definitely had the flavor of those, but didn't leave my mouth feeling as dry as others do. I was pleasantly surprised! I also lucked out and ordered it when they were near the end of the bottle, so I actually got a half of a pour in a second cup, as well--free of charge! I will definitely hope to make a trip back here when we return!

Reviewed by kitap Review Date: 12/28/2017

We are here in early November of 2017 and had the lamb wraps, which were excellent as were the sides.

This was fairly deserted and we had our pick of tables-we chose outside as it was early evening and cool enough to enjoy it. It was nice to sit and eat and do some people watching knowing no one was waiting anxiously for us to free up the table. I don't understand why it doesn't get more business.

Pros:

delicious food and good value

Cons:

Limited seating