Reviews of Tangierine Cafe

View Menus at Tangierine Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Tangierine Cafe including a link to the menu here: http://allears.net/dining/location/tangierine-cafe

Counter Service - Lunch/Dinner
Morocco - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by khh1997 Review Date: 07/28/2014

On July 27, I stopped by here to grab a quick lunch. The service was very fast as there was no one else ordering, which should have been a sign. I ordered the falafel sandwich wrap, and the falafel was so hard I couldn't even cut it with my fork. I stabbed it and bit into it and it was cold as ice. The pita was the best part of the meal. I could only make myself eat two of the four falafel, but I will never eat here again. The two salads that came with the sandwich were not that great either. Maybe some of the other dishes are better, but I do not recommend this one!

Pros:

fast service

Cons:

food was terrible

Reviewed by hebspanteach Review Date: 12/30/2013

I can not say how good the food is here because I never got a chance to eat any of it. You see, my partner has a food allergy and upon telling this to the cast member, she said that the chef would come and talk to us. So we waited 10 minutes and the chef didn't come, so we asked what the hold up was...it wasn't busy...it was only 11:15 am. We waited and waited and asked 3 times what the problem was. So after 30 minutes of waiting for absolutely NOTHING, we left! And we will NEVER go back again.

Pros:

IDK

Cons:

SERVICE WAS THE WORST!!!!

Reviewed by cholmberg Review Date: 01/21/2013

I had such high hopes for this place after so many good reviews.. . .I am very sorry to say that my experience was not good at all. I got the chicken/lamb shawarma platter. . .and it wasn't even mediocre. Both the lamb and the chicken was VERY dry, and was old. . . it wasn't even warm. They had very little flavor. The sauce was only a drizzle and it also was nothing special. The tabbouleh was odd tasting and very sweet, which wasn't what I was expecting given past experience with tabbouleh. The hummus was bland. .. . and they just glopped it all the on the plate and pushed it across the counter. I was VERY disappointed.

Pros:

fast

Cons:

the food

Reviewed by nick6300 Review Date: 09/11/2014

1st of all, we're not real big on mediterranean. And of the few times I've had it, this place was probably better. I'd probably recommend it to mediterranean food lovers. We had the lamb/chicken shawarma plate with "Morrocan Bread" which was just pita, hummus for dipping, and tiny bit of couscous and tabouleh. The overall portion was large and we split this as a quick service, perhaps one of the best values for a quick service credit relative to portion size and price (I think around $15). We ate everything, but the tabouleh was our least favorite... funny tasting, sort of sour, I think. But I think it tasted the same as previous versions I've had (and didn't love). The couscous was good, and lamb was excellent. It was so tender that we easily cut it with the sides of our plastic forks! No exaggeration. The chicken, as others have commented, is not as good, and we'd either get just the lamb shawarma or the pitas or something else next time. Pita/hummus was good - although never something I've craved. The baklava for dessert is tiny, but very tasty. It is a flaky, crisp on outside, and nutty/chewy/honey gooey on the inside:). We wanted to say we've had lamb before, and it was hard for me to order the red wine steak at Liberty Inn or something more familiar over this... since we were at the world showcase and emersed by the different cultures.

Pros:

Unique foods, tender lamb, big portions

Cons:

very limited indoor seating

Reviewed by Oneanne Review Date: 05/18/2013

I ate here for the first time on my 05.11-17 trip. I had the Chicken Shawarma and have to say I didn't love the chicken... The flavoring was fine but the quality of the chicken was lacking. The hummas and bread were quite good. The ordering process was chaotic... One of the servers was even getting frustrated so I think something wasn't happening quite right. I'll probably have another go next trip, possibly ordering something different.

Pros:

Hummas

Cons:

Chaotic ordering

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 01/01/2013

Wanted to try something different so we decided to eat at the café. There was only one line open and we were told they were trying out a new ordering system and it took about 15 minutes to order and there were only 2 people in front of us. Once we ordered, we received our food in no time. Ordered the chicken platter, the hummus and couscous were some of the best I’ve ever had. The small salad was also tasty, the only issue was the chicken itself, didn’t like it, but husband thought it was just fine.

Pros:

Good value

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 03/01/2018

Tangierine Cafe is one of the better fast food restaurants in Disney World. We ate there at the beginning of December.
The food is fresh and the restaurant is very clean. Ordering is a bit confusing, but not bad compared to some restaurants in the World. I had the combination shawarma plate and found it excellent. It was too much food for lunch for me, but many would find the serving size just right. I guess that the meal might be a bit exotic to some, but I found the spicing of the side salads a little on the timid side. The staff is delightful and they stay busy sweeping floors and busing tables, so the restaurant looks tidy. Overall, very impressed, and I will return.

Pros:

Great service and food

Cons:

Small seating area

Reviewed by pamleblanc4 Review Date: 08/19/2015

This is our hidden jewel of the Quick Service at Epcot. Delicious wraps, cool salads. Wait staff was extremely helpful and even gave us fries as a "desert" since nothing they had was peanut free. Only downside is the limited indoor seating (with no air). But compared to several other Quick Service in Epcot lands with no covered seating, this is a step up! Highly recommend giving this a shot if you are wandering around looking for a taste of something a little different!

Pros:

Delicious food, wonderful wait staff

Cons:

No air conditioned seating.

Reviewed by Marilea Review Date: 05/14/2014

The shwarma platters are delicious. The restaurant and entire pavilion are gorgeous. The only downside to eating here is the tiny indoor seating area. It was raining the day we ate here, so we were really lucky to get a table. Otherwise, the wonderful food and large portions made the experience very enjoyable. There is no need to worry about anything being too spicy or unfamiliar to enjoy. It's all delicious.

Pros:

Food!

Cons:

Very tiny, not much indoor seating

Reviewed by Bobdes Review Date: 05/20/2013

Loves the shwarma platters. I had the lamb and chicken. The chicken had a bit of fat on it, but other than that, it was well seasoned. The lamb was great! Good filling meal and the atmosphere is a great athentic setting. We will be going back again! ;-)

Pros:

Shwarma, no wait, great atmosphere!

Cons:

chicken in shwarma had a bit of fat on it.