Reviews of Storyteller's Cafe Breakfast

Menu: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_stb.htm

Read prices, menu items, and more about Storyteller's Cafe

Services: Table Service , Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 01/20/2016

The food was all really good and was happy to see a Disneyland breakfast with smoked salmon. Although the bagels were nowhere near any of this and they were minis. We were also visited by a manager who was very pleasant.

Shortly before we went, I heard news that they cut back on the characters. We saw Chip, Dale, Meeko and Kenai...and that this is now the set character rotation. Don't get me wrong...I like Chip and Dale, but we did 3 different character meals this trip and they were at every single one. Bringing back Koda, Terk, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, or some other animals would make a lot more sense to me.

Pros:

Good Food and Service

Cons:

They've cut back on the characters

Reviewed by brittos Review Date: 06/10/2015

Rare characters met: Meeko, Koda, Kanai, and then of course Chip and Dale. Food selection was great. Arrived 30 minutes early for early morning reservation to see if we could make magic hour at DCA. We were seated immediately, which allowed early entry at DCA after breakfast. Thus, we had a short wait time for Radiator Springs. Character interaction was great!

Pros:

early seating, rare character variety selection on buffet

Reviewed by belle12877 Review Date: 09/02/2014

We had a wonderful character breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe! We had a late morning reservation (thank goodness b/c the wait time for walk-ups was 60-90 minutes) and were seated within 15 minutes of checking-in. The buffet is delicious with lots of variety to choose from (several egg choices, meats, fruits, waffles, etc) The three members in our party were adults and all ordered fun alcoholic beverages in addition to the juice/coffee that is provided. Our server Tom was excellent. And the characters are GREAT! All "critters" such as Brother Bear, Chip and Dale, Brer Bear, Brer Fox, Meeko etc. They also get up and dance/have a little parade through the restaurant every so often. Whether you're 5 or 50 years young, this is a fantastic place to have a yummy breakfast and enjoy characters.

Pros:

Super fun character breakfast!

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 05/25/2014

We had reservations here on 5/23/14 at 9:30am. By 9am we were hungry so we stopped by to see if we could be seated early and it was no problem. This is now a buffet only meal, there is no longer an a la carte menu.

Jacob started off as our server while our "real server", Pao, was on her break. Jacob was excellent. We enjoyed many of the items on the buffet; the muffins, Mickey waffles, french toast, bacon, and fruit were all great. The pancakes were hit or miss. Loved the oatmeal. My friend raved about the eggs benedict.

The characters at our meal were Chip & Dale, Meeko, Koda, Kenai, and Br'er Fox. Chip came by about 20 minutes after we were seated, and my friend missed him because he was up at the buffet. Meeko visited about 10 minutes later. Then it took almost another 30 minutes before Dale came to see us, and another 15 minutes for Koda. By this point, we had been there for over an hour. Pao was trying to rush us out the door. After another 10 minutes, we stopped Kenai on the way out to get a photo, which he happily granted us. We never did get to see Br'er Fox, unfortunately.

The food was great and the price reasonable. We enjoyed getting to see some rarer characters, but the lack of organization in how they made their rounds and the extreme amount of time it took to see them, knocked it down a point in my mind.

Pros:

Excellent buffet, able to be seated early

Cons:

Unorganized character rotation, rushed by server

Reviewed by tiggabump Review Date: 09/24/2013

We had the character breakfast 2x during our visit 9/16 & 9/20. We had purchased the meal tickets and they saved us quite a bit of $$$. the characters were few but good interaction with kids 10 yrs-7yrs & 21months. The little one loved the characters and they spent a lot of time with him. We enjoyed the buffet as we could pick what we wanted. Coffee and juice kept filled and Mickey waffles brought out hot and fresh as much as we wanted.

Pros:

Good food and character interaction

Cons:

a bit crowded

Reviewed by Stanton Review Date: 08/26/2013

This was probably the closest character mean "experience" to WDW that we had in DL. The food was excellent, but could have had more variety (the scrambled egg whites where a pleasant--and delicious--surprise). The characters, while not very well known, were entertaining.

Pros:

Food, Atmosphere

Reviewed by FamilyOfSix Review Date: 07/13/2013

I loved this Character Breakfast and would definitely go back again. The setting in the Grand Californian hotel is really great. I loved the theming in the whole restaurant. We were seated near the buffet, and our waitress kept our drinks and coffee constantly filled and topped off. I was very pleased with the service. One of my kids asked if they have Mickey Waffles, and the waitress said that they could make some in the kitchen. 5 minutes later we had a plate of Mickey Waffles! Very nice! I loved the eggs benedict (what a vacation treat!) and all the other fresh fruit and more upscale type breakfast offerings.

The characters were all outdoors types, and they were very nice. I kept calling Brer Bear "Ballou" (my son corrected me)-- he didn't act offended at all. The characters can't all sign autographs, because some of them don't have fingers, but they were ready to smile and pose and joke around (especially chip and dale).

My kids actually took part in the kids parade they had in the middle of the cafe, which ended with some type of ceremony near the buffet. The kids were all given a button at the end of the ceremony. It was fun- they were excited by it.

This was a breakfast that we added on to our trip on our last day as we were leaving Disneyland. It was a great way to end the Disney experience. Great food, fun characters, and outstanding service.

Pros:

Food, Service, Kids' parade, setting

Reviewed by stephieb64 Review Date: 04/10/2013

By far the most "gourmet" of the character breakfasts. Beautiful presentation and setting with a huge selection and everything was very good tasting. All the characters are ones with masks so if you have young children who have a hard time with them, make other plans. We saw Chip, Dale, Koda, Terk, Mikko.

Pros:

Great food

Cons:

inconsistent rotatation of characters

Other topics in Grand Californian