Reviews of STK Orlando

"Not your father's steakhouse". Upscale American steakhouse serving lunch and dinner. High-energy and can be loud

Watch a restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNKeDLWaBnY&index=11&list=PL7g2p9qess52-DIXfxv8W-ZrC-e1G7Ua0

Reviewer: mooglish Review Date: 10/04/2017

We visited STK on Saturday, September 30, 2017, on a rainy evening with an 8:15 reservation. We arrived at 8:05, running from the bus stop, and fought our way through to check in, and were told it would be 15-20 minutes. We were seated in the bar area at 8:35, amidst a rather moderate level of 80s classics, which I appreciated. Our server was attentive and polite, however our experience was..decidedly unpleasant.

This is not a restaurant, it is a bar that happens to serve food. Period. The Deluxe Dining Plan, for which two credits must be used, covers appetizer, soft drink, dessert, and the meat component of your entree if you ordered a steak (which, well, we did, why order anything else in a steakhouse that supposedly prides itself on its steak). All side dishes are extra, and family style. Husband ordered the balsamic bbq ribs, which were great, and my crispy shrimp were at least crispy, which was nice. My steak (bone-in filet) was fine, well cooked, but extremely underseasoned, and the extremely salty red wine sauce did not help much. Husband's dry aged Delmonico, which we had paid the extra for, was exceptionally bland, and the STK signature sauce is liquid Chinese five spice. It permeated the air and I could smell it across the table over the tiny oil candles on every table. His steak was more fatty than I would have expected and, again, unseasoned, not even with salt and pepper, before grilling. The macaroni and cheese was fine, the truffle fries were cold and slightly greasy, and the grilled mushrooms were woody, hard, and slightly slimy with too much balsamic. The portions were definitely good-sized, but not great food.

By the time we managed to leave at 10:30, after asking for the check twice and skipping dessert, the music was loud enough to rattle my rib cage. The dessert menu was nothing I would have wanted to take with us, and we had other things to do at Disney Springs being our last night, and so managed to escape. This will not be a repeat visit for us.

Pros:

Appetizer selection

Cons:

Noise level, Dining Plan restrictions,

Reviewer: MelissaStone Review Date: 01/18/2017

Service was very slow. Meat were not tender at all. Used double Disney dining credits for each person and it was not worth.

Pros:

Beautiful restaurant

Cons:

Steak was just OK. But pricey and music was playing too loud. Not good for kids.

Reviewer: clayalex02 Review Date: 10/20/2016

We were seated upstairs, at first next to the waiters pass thru, not good, they did move us one table over which was better not great. The restaurant is loud, it is hard to have a conversation over the music and other people. Being open the voices carry. The steak was good, the mac and cheese was good, the desserts were good, the service not so much. He didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered with us. For being a steakhouse, I thought the steaks would be top quality. A little disappointed in the place but would probably give it another chance in the future

Pros:

food

Cons:

service

Reviewer: dcdeb Review Date: 07/08/2016

Had lunch here a few weeks ago -- we were the first ones to arrive at the beginning of lunch service (11:30 a.m.) but staff were friendly and seated us in the upstairs space right away. I had the classic burger, which was 8 oz., on a soft potato roll with grilled onions and cheddar cheese. Cooked to a perfect medium, I really enjoyed it. Came with fries (or a salad), which were plentiful and hot and crispy. My lunch partner had the shaved brussels sprouts salad, which was outstanding. I'l try that next time, and there WILL be a next time. Also interested in trying this place for dinner, which is served downstairs in a very chic, stylish setting setting.

Pros:

Great service, great view from upstairs, quiet spot for lunch

Cons:

A bit on the pricey side