Reviews of Spice Road Table

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Mediterranean

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Other/Ethnic
Read more about Spice Road Table including links to the menus here:

Spice Road Table in the Morocco pavilion opened January 20, 2014. It features Mediterranean small plates, with 60 seats indoors and 120 seats outdoors.

Reviewed by wdwgrandma Review Date: 09/29/2014

First time here last week. Lovely table by the water and oh this food. Hummus and the best pita I have ever had. And, the grape leaves--outstanding. Good wine recommended by Amin. One of my new FAVES.

Pros:

love this food

Reviewed by GinaDD Review Date: 08/27/2014

My husband and I loved the small plates concept. We chose 3 different plates and shared. Before our food came we were kindly accommodated when we asked to move closer to water's edge when a table was available. Here we enjoyed tasting Mediterranean foods while watching illuminations. Wonderful . The flavors were interesting. We mostly enjoyed the vegetable preparations. Would definitely return.

Pros:

Friendly staff

Reviewed by Environmentalist Review Date: 07/24/2014

Spice Road Table is a fantastic place to eat. The food tastes wonderful, it's relatively uncrowded for a new restaurant and the view is amazing - right along the World Showcase lagoon. The theming of the restaurant is vintage Disney - you really do feel like you have stepped into an outdoor cafe. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

One note - it is pricey. Food is served tapas style, which is fine, but the prices are pretty outrageous, even at Disney levels, for the amount of food you get. Moreover, some plates provide far more food than other for the same price. We were aware of this going in and the prices still surprised us. Definitely be prepared to pay more than you expect here!

Pros:

Tasty food, great location, beautiful theming

Cons:

Not enough food for price

Reviewed by MVClause Review Date: 06/06/2014

My DH and I stopped at Spice Road table in our attempt to eat around "the world". DH ordered a dark beer. That was what it was called--Dark beer. He enjoyed it, but said that it tasted like Newcastle. We ordered the meat skewers--one chicken and one steak. Both were just good--not great, just ok. Over all, I wasn't impressed. The skewers were $12. There were 3 pieces of chicken and 1 3 inch long piece of steak. A little pricey for me, even by Disney standards. I will give it another shot, however.

Pros:

small plates

Cons:

prices, offerings

Reviewed by MamaSwan Review Date: 04/23/2014

We were there opening week on the final day of our trip. The staff was super friendly.
We had started the day at Crystal Palace at 8:30 in the morning and we had a reservation for Flying Fish at 7:00. It was really chilly outside and by 4:30 - 5:00 we began to feel quite hungry.
We ordered the hummus and olives and a bottle of red wine.
The dry reds were in the $35-$45 dollar range, not bad for inside the bubble.
The food was great! Granted we were starving, but it was a lovely snack for three people to share. It was tough not to decide to blow off Flying Fish and continue to order more here. But we were meeting up with others from our group there so we restrained ourselves.
We told our server that we really enjoyed our selves and explained why we didn't order more. We mentioned that we were coming back to watch Illuminations with the rest of our group and she graciously offered to save an outside table for us. When we came back they had a spot for us as promised, it was so nice to have a great view and a glass of wine in hand for the show.
The kindness of the staff, the great location and healthy small plate menu options will definitely keep Spice Road Table on our list!

Pros:

Excellent healthy food choices, Illuminations viewing

Reviewed by Geri604 Review Date: 04/19/2014

We were looking for a light lunch, and decided to give this a try. I had the skewers and they were done perfectly. We were seated inside, and had a table next to the windows with a great view of the lagoon. The hostess out front was very friendly and knew a lot about the various menu items. I had actually stopped to look at the menu a couple of times, to see if there was anything my dad (a meat and potatoes guy) would like, so I had a lot of opportunity to chat with her. Our server was also very friendly and would check in with us periodically to see if there was anything else we needed. I would definitely go back here again.

Pros:

Great food, greet view, friendly staff

Reviewed by WarEagleAuburn Review Date: 04/06/2014

We really enjoyed the two different sample platters. The chicken rolls tasted and looked exactly like the egg rolls from Chili's. The service was awful. Our server waited at least 5 minutes to approach our table and we felt like he didn't want to be there at all. The beautiful young lady at the entrance was so engaging and knowledgeable about each and every dish--best thing about the restaurant. We did get seated immediately, though.

Pros:

Easy to get in

Cons:

Slow service

Reviewed by lindseymortus Review Date: 03/17/2014

I'm glad I tried this because the food was great! We had meat skewers and Harissa Chicken Roll
with Harissa Ketchup. It's small plates so we stopped to just try a couple things, not to fill up. Our waiter and the staff was nice, but it took forever for our waiter to get us our bill and to even follow up with us after we received our food. That was frustrating.

Pros:

Food was wonderful

Cons:

Service

Reviewed by rikatij Review Date: 02/18/2014

Excellent view of the water. Food was excellent especially the lamb burger. Enjoyed a bottle of wine so that is why the price is a little high. My husband wore his college shirt written in Arabic and our waiter made sure all staff members came by to see it!! Not very crowded so it was a quiet spot and we weren't rushed during our meal.

Pros:

Quiet relaxing lunch spot

Reviewed by dcdeb Review Date: 02/16/2014

Tried Spice Road Table last week and found it to be a refreshing change of pace. Great table overlooking World Showcase lagoon; can imagine it will be really pretty at night. We had an excellent server, who was attentive without being overbearing. Food was all well-prepared and portions were sized just right for sharing. Really enjoyed the lamb slider and the merguez sausage. The skewers were great, too. Tried the various baklavas and the saffron lemon custard for desserts -- loved them all. Found the custard to be quite similar to a creme brulee, in fact. Would definitely dine here again.

Pros:

Great waterside location; outstanding service; unique menu items

Cons:

No reservations or dining plan taken.