Reviews of Skipper Canteen

View Menus at Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen Dining Location

Cuisines: Asian, Other/Ethnic, African
Read more about Skipper Canteen including links to the menus and reviews here:

Themed around the famous Jungle Cruise attraction, this new Adventureland eatery features a wide variety of Asian and American dishes.

Reviewed by joplin Review Date: 05/27/2018

Pleasantly surprised on our last visit in May 2018.
Fantastic vegetarian dish (Thai noodles without the meat) and fish of the day. Excited too with the Kungaloosh beer and best Sangria on property.
Favorite desserts are here too.
A new WDW tradition for my family - not to be missed.

Pros:

atmosphere, new f&b selections

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 04/11/2018

Let me just say that I love Skipper Canteen's and have reservations booked again for October (I have already had dinner here twice). Our service was great and the food was very flavorful on March 26th. However, check-in was very disorganized. We waited to be seated 20 minutes past our reserved time, only to be seated in a half empty restaurant. I don't understand...Needlesstosay, we are coming back. This is a really great restaurant, and the menu options are unique and very tasty. I'm just hoping our late seating was a fluke...

Pros:

Decor and Food

Cons:

Waited 20 Minutes Past Reservation

Reviewed by reese_angie Review Date: 04/11/2018

We love the Jungle Cruise and were excited to visit this restaurant. The staff offered laughs and great service. The food was excellent. The kids are somewhat picky, but were happy to see some standard items on the menu. My oldest and youngest got macaroni and cheese and were able to substitute the broccoli for french fries. My middle daughter ordered the chicken noodle soup and thought it was excellent. They all got the volcano cake as their dessert and it looked fun and delicious to eat. My husband and I got the cachapas as an appetizer and they were so delicious. I got the "Tastes like chicken" entree and it was really good--just the right amount of spicy and the portion was big. My husband got the Char Siu Pork and when our plates arrived, he wished he had gotten the chicken. However, the pork was delicious and was also a big portion. We split the plates and were able to enjoy both. Overall, this was an excellent experience and the only negative was the amount of time it took to get the check. If we hadn't been trying to make it to the fireworks though, I doubt we would have even noticed. Great restaurant!

Pros:

Great service, food, and atmosphere; text when table is ready, so you can leave waiting area

Cons:

We were there a long time

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 11/11/2017

Skipper Canteen's was wonderful, from food to service. We were seated right after we checked in and enjoyed one of the best meals of our vacation. I had the "Tastes Like Chicken" Because it is! and my husband had the Sustainable Fish. We will definitely dine here again!!! I wasn't thrilled about dining here when I made the reservation, but was sooooo happy I did!!!

Pros:

Atmosphere, Food and Service

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 11/03/2017

Had lunch here on Oct 23. Entree choices were not the usual, which was nice. Food was very good, with an Asian and African flair. Not my cup of tea, but what I had (tastes like chicken) was really good, and my wife and friends loved it. Solid choice.

Pros:

Food, variety

Reviewed by NJDzneMom Review Date: 10/08/2017

Since we're fans of the Jungle Cruise, we thought we'd try this new restaurant. It was a nice experience, as we appreciate the better food choices offered here. We enjoyed the same whitty, corny humor offered here by the staff as offered on the ride. The rooms are nicely decorated to fit with the adventure motif. I had the "tastes like chicken" and it was good though I would've appreciated a little more spice or flavoring. My husband had the lamb chops and really enjoyed them. We would recommend this dining option within MK but just keep in mind, it is a sit-down experience and does take time away from the park ride/show features. If you're okay with that, then I definitely recommend giving this a try.

Pros:

Location, Decor and Entertaining Staff

Cons:

Sit Down = Time Away from Rides

Reviewed by NSLoon Review Date: 10/07/2017

This was our first meal at Skipper Canteen, but it will not be the last. We ate there last week. I had the whole fried fish - nicely fried and flavored. My wife had the sustainable fish "not piranha." It also was excellent. I have already recommended the specific items and the restaurant in general to some friends. The price may be a bit off as I did not add tax & tip, and used TIW for a discount.

Pros:

Good service, great food

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/28/2017

We had been here before with a less than stellar experience with the food. My son loves the Jungle Cruise, so we returned despite that. I am so glad we did. We made different food choices this time and everything was amazing. Our waitress was very nice if not in on the whole corny joke thing. We really enjoyed the meal and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed by clyde0523 Review Date: 06/11/2017

I enjoyed Skipper Canteen, but for my less adventurous family members the food left something to be desired. The wait staff is hilarious and the corny jokes from the Jungle Cruise ride are a mainstay at this restaurant. We were on the dining plan and this was new which was why I chose this as one of our options, but if we weren't on the dining plan it wouldn't have been an option. I enjoyed it, but if your party is not made up of foodies that are willing to try new things its probably not the place for you!

Pros:

atmosphere, wait staff, jokes

Cons:

food choices are exotic

Reviewed by Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

DH and I ate here on March 9, 2017. We aren't the adventurous type when it comes to food. Me a little more than DH. So we took a risk eating here. We did OK. I had the Nile Nellie's noodle bowl with chicken. Wasn't quite what I thought it would be. It was basically a big bowl of soup. It tasted fine and filled me up. DH got Skip's beefy baked pasta. It was similar to lasagna in the way it was layered. DH said it was good. However, this isn't a place on our must do list. It's a fairly new restaurant and we are glad we tried it.

Pros:

service, atmosphere

Cons:

interesting food choices