Reviews of Skipper Canteen

View Menus at Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen Dining Location

Cuisines: Asian, Other/Ethnic, African
Read more about Skipper Canteen including links to the menus and reviews here:

Themed around the famous Jungle Cruise attraction, this new Adventureland eatery features a wide variety of Asian and American dishes.

Reviewed by PamI Review Date: 06/15/2019

On this last trip to WDW (5/27/19-5/28/19), I decided to eat at one (or more) of the restaurants in The Magic Kingdom. I am Lacto-vegetarian (milk products, no eggs) and looked at the menus for the various restaurants. I made reservations stating I was allergic to eggs and found some items to eat before I arrived. The staff was friendly, asked if I had been there before, did their spiel about the ride (I liked it), did not repeat the second day (but would have if I asked). The table was ready, liked each time, I felt respected, even though I was a single diner. The second day, I was given the allergy friendly menu (I knew what I wanted the first day). I told my server I wanted the one dish with noodles and I was told a non-egg noodle could be substituted. I did not feel rushed, each server was attentive and friendly, there was little to no wait for my table, the food was delicious.

Pros:

Friendly, attentive staff; good food. Food allergy friendly. Good vegetarian dishes.

Reviewed by JBinKS Review Date: 01/18/2019

SO and I ate dinner in the delightful S.E.A. room. Loved the decor, plus like dining in smaller rooms. I had the Sustainable Fish and she the “Baa Baa Berber Lamb Chops”. Both had unusual and delicious flavors, particularly in the sauces. We are adventurous and love to try new things, and this was one of our top WDW dining experiences. Service was excellent, too.

Pros:

Adventurous menu, Kungaloosh! one of best chocolate dishes ever.

Cons:

Shu Mai dumpling appetizer not as great as rest of meal.

Reviewed by Lori Review Date: 09/29/2018

Great meal! Great service-our server was great with our kids and funny. We will definitely eat here again.

Pros:

great food and service

Reviewed by joplin Review Date: 05/27/2018

Pleasantly surprised on our last visit in May 2018.
Fantastic vegetarian dish (Thai noodles without the meat) and fish of the day. Excited too with the Kungaloosh beer and best Sangria on property.
Favorite desserts are here too.
A new WDW tradition for my family - not to be missed.

Pros:

atmosphere, new f&b selections

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 11/11/2017

Skipper Canteen's was wonderful, from food to service. We were seated right after we checked in and enjoyed one of the best meals of our vacation. I had the "Tastes Like Chicken" Because it is! and my husband had the Sustainable Fish. We will definitely dine here again!!! I wasn't thrilled about dining here when I made the reservation, but was sooooo happy I did!!!

Pros:

Atmosphere, Food and Service

Reviewed by NSLoon Review Date: 10/07/2017

This was our first meal at Skipper Canteen, but it will not be the last. We ate there last week. I had the whole fried fish - nicely fried and flavored. My wife had the sustainable fish "not piranha." It also was excellent. I have already recommended the specific items and the restaurant in general to some friends. The price may be a bit off as I did not add tax & tip, and used TIW for a discount.

Pros:

Good service, great food

Reviewed by mamavogel74 Review Date: 04/25/2017

From check in to check out this was one of our top meals of the trip! Skipper Jackie was our waitress and she was great. The menu seems a little funky, and my dad was wary but he ended up getting one of the best NY Strip steaks he's had on property. For me, I had the "it tastes like chicken because it is" fried chicken, since it's offered as a gluten free option ! It was served with rice and a chili sauce. The taste was so good, and the coating was actually crispy and delicious. Other dishes eaten by our table- SEA Shu Mai, the sustainable fish of the day, and Skips Beefy Baked Pasta. All our plates were clean.

Pros:

Everything !

Reviewed by lauri Review Date: 10/08/2016

We ate here on the last night of our trip, on the 45th birthday of the Magic Kingdom. This was our longest wait for a table, but we were not in a hurry. The cast members seating people were very nice and had a great time sharing corny jokes and chatting with them. Our food was great, although, the kitchen was running slow. We were given a fast past to any attraction (except for Frozen), which we used on Test Track the next day. This is now my favorite table service in the Magic Kingdom!

Pros:

food and ambiance

Cons:

little bit of a wait

Reviewed by PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/21/2016

Server was outstanding and very much into the theme of the restaurant, also extremely prompt with drink refills. The dumpling appetizer was outstanding. We also had the chicken entrée and the Char sui pork. The chicken was excellent and pork just a little bit dry, but still pretty good. The chocolate volcano dessert was quite tasty. Décor was great. Nice to have another table service choice at the Magic Kingdom.

Pros:

Server, appetizer

Reviewed by baloo Review Date: 06/07/2016

The morning of May 20th we were able to secure a same day, 11:45 am lunch reservation here. We were seated almost immediately upon arrival. The theming is great - we enjoyed looking around. Take the time to read the titles of the books on the many book shelves - a lot of them are very clever. My husband and son had the Char Siu Pork, and I had the "Tastes like Chicken". Our meals were delicious and nice sized portions. We did not have room for dessert.

We would definitely eat here again!

Pros:

Great theming & Great Food