Reviews of Shula's Steakhouse Dinner

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/shulas-steak-house/dinner
Child Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/shulas-steak-house/child-dinner

AllEars® Review: http://allears.net/ae/issue442.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/16/2019

So sad. My husband's 70th birthday. Prime rib was all grizzle. Oysters were tiny. Bread was good. Comped for our entree because it was inedible

Pros:

Nothing.

Cons:

Snotty attitude.

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 04/12/2019

Had dinner at Shula's on a Wednesday night. Knowing we would arrive late, we were pleased to be able to book a late ADR for 9:30 PM. Food, wine, and service were all very good. As good as Yachtsman? Perhaps not, but it's close. Unfortunately, the restaurant is very loud, which took a bit from the experience. And, like any high end steakhouse, the prices are outrageous. However, prices aside, a very nice place. Worth it for a special occasion dinner.

Pros:

Food, service

Cons:

Loud, pricey

Reviewed by kestondisney Review Date: 07/21/2015

My wife and I had a meal sans kids at Shula's and it was terrific.
Both had steaks which were cooked exactly as requested.
Great bottle of claret complemented the meals
Have eaten here previously with mixed results, but on this occasion we were very prescriptive about how we wanted certain aspects of the meal, specifically the sides to be cooked. For example I wanted my mushrooms sautéed without lashings of garlic. Server recorded precisely what we wanted without fuss and the kitchen delivered.
Excellent

Pros:

Quality of food and wine

Reviewed by WarEagleAuburn Review Date: 01/02/2015

We went to Shula's for our 20th anniversary and were very disappointed. The steaks were bland and just lukewarm. The best part about the meal was the bread...but for $350 we should have the best steaks we have ever eaten. The baked potato they show on the cart was huge, but ours was about 1/2 of that size. We were the best dressed people there (we wore slacks, collared shirts, dress) as everyone, and I mean everyone, wore shorts, tennis shoes, and t-shirts. Not one business casual group in the bunch. We saw mickey ears, yoga pants, and lots of baseball caps.

Pros:

Fantastic bread

Cons:

Mediocre steaks

Reviewed by Imjustababyduck Review Date: 10/08/2014

My husband and I ate here on 9/28/14. It was a fairly romantic place, but quite dark. So dark it was hard to see the menu or your food. We were very, very, very full when we went to dinner here so we kept things to a minimum, but it all was good.

My husband had the French Onion Soup and I had a half of the heirloom tomato salad. Both were good, but not over the top good. We wouldn't be opposed to getting these apps again, but would probably try something else.

My husband go the filet that he said was fabulous. It hands down beat the steak at the Yachtsman (but that really isn't saying much). I had what should be Steak Diane (but at Shula's is the Steak Mary Ann, after his wife). The saucing was good and not overpowering. The steak was cooked perfectly and was tender. We shared a huge baked potato that was really good.

We finishing with the chocolate soufflé that was also very good. It was light and fluffy with just the right amount of chocolate.

We will absolutely eat here again. We were warned going in about the portion size and ordered accordingly. Enough cannot be said about just how much food you get with the apps and the sides. It really is way too much food. They should charge less and provide smaller portions. It would make the meal much more enjoyable. Please be cognizant of this when you are ordering. My half salad was larger than most full sized salads. That is too much to eat and then expect to eat an entrée and dessert.

My one real complaint though came at the end of the meal when our servers ganged up on us and gave us the hard sell on providing online reviews for Shula's, going so far as to name some of the sites they would like us to post a review on. WOW!!! I found this off putting. It came across as desperate. Even if they are desperate for reviews, they need to chill out and find another way. I felt like they were trying to get me to buy a time-share. It was VERY high pressure. You felt compelled to promise to write great reviews on the sites they recommended in order to be able to leave. I'm sure this isn't exactly the review they expected me to write, but I guess you should be careful what you demand from your patrons; you just might get it.

Pros:

Great Food and Service

Cons:

Really dark; portion size

Reviewed by rhjohnston Review Date: 09/13/2014

I recommend signing up for the Shula birthday club on their website for a free entrée or looking for a 20% off Orlando coupon, this will help make the meal cost more appetizing! We had the filet mignon and the crab cakes. The filet was really wonderful, the crab cakes not so much. They were only slightly warm and they had a lot of fillers-- there were 2 however and they were a good size. Our side was the mashed potatoes which were delicious and my husband had a caesar salad which he said was good. There is a good dessert selection but because we were stuffed we just took a piece of their chocolate layer cake to go which was good. This was a nice choice for my husband's birthday as he grew up in Florida and new all about the Dolphin's undefeated season. It might not be as interesting to a non-football person. Several waiters serve you and it can be a bit over the top. All in all though a nice experience.

Pros:

football memorbilia, great steak

Cons:

waiter overkill

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 04/12/2013

This was a a special dinner for my son's 16th birthday, who loves steak. It was very disappointing. My husband ordered the cowboy steak based on the server indicating that it was the house specialty. It was disgusting...tough and tasteless. When the steak was delivered he was asked if it was done to his liking by the server shining a flashlight on it because you could not see. Seems like a trick question when you can't really see it!

The only reason we rated it a 5 was because my son liked his steak. Yachtsman is much better. We won't be returning.