Reviews of Satu'li Canteen

Dining in Pandora, opened May 27, 2017

Breakfast Menu:

Lunch/Dinner Menu:

Reviewer: mangoman18 Review Date: 09/30/2018

This is a great counter restaurant. My wife and I both had the chicken bowls. I had rice with the creamy herb dressing and my wife got the salad with the green onion vinaigrette. I think the creamy herb is the way to here but both options were good. We went at noon and were still able to easily find seating. They are really attentive to the tables making sure everyone had everything they needed and clearing tables
immediately for the next parties. I ordered the sangria and felt it was a little too sweet but it was fine, nothing i would back.

Pros:

Chicken bowls, seating options, and service

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

I was honestly shocked with how good this was when I hit Pandora for the first time. The mix of flavors and textures was unique and a great touch to variety at AK for food.

Pros:

Quality of the food, Flavors

Reviewer: JenC Review Date: 05/03/2018

We ate at Satuli Canteen the week of April 23, 2018. My parents created a bowl with chicken, which they loved. My daughter and I had tofu bowls. As vegetarians, we were happy that this restaurant had a veggie option. My daughter is a very picky eater, but liked her bowl a lot--especially the onion chimichurri sauce. She didn't like my black bean vinaigrette that much, but I was fine with it. We also sampled the blue mousse and the dark chocolate cake. Everyone agreed the blue mousse was the favorite as it was refreshing on a hot day. We'll definitely go back!

Pros:

well-organized space, good healthy food

Cons:

dark interior

Reviewer: ADJ Review Date: 02/16/2019

I had the chili-spiced tofu with black beans and rice and charred onion vinaigrette. The tofu wasn't very "chili" but was lightly fried just right. I would love to have had more black beans; the black beans and rice come already mixed up so you can't request just one or the other. The vinaigrette, which is really more like a sauce, was very good! Slightly citrus, slightly herb, nicely onion, just right. I would love to have had a little more of it. Mom had the Teylu hot dog with a side of vegetable chips and grapes. The hot dog is baked inside a wrapping of dough, sort of like a crescent roll dough; she said the baked wrapping was hard to cut, but otherwise it was good (I thought it was a fun, different take on a hot dog).
I had a Pandoran Sunrise which was tasty, maybe a little on the sweet side. The portions were just about the right size to get happily full. Some fun notes about the restaurant: there are a few large tables marked as "shared seating." Don't hesitate to sit here and make some new friends! Also, this is the only QS restaurant I've seen that uses "real" dishes (that look like large leaves) and flatware. The food is just exotic enough to be a fun change, but not crazy enough to be scary or weird.

Pros:

Great, tasty, fun food in a lovely setting. Diverse choices to fit a variety of preferences or dietary needs.

Cons:

Would love to see the black beans and rice as separate offerings (and a larger proportion of beans). Hot dog wrapping is tough to cut.

Reviewer: patersonprattle Review Date: 06/10/2018

Satu'li is the newest addition to AK quick service, located in Pandora. The Combination Bowl - grilled beef and chicken topped with crunchy vegetable slaw and boba balls served with your choice of base and sauce $15.99, is so yummy, with both the steak and chicken cooked to perfection. I chose to have it with the Base: Hearty Salad and Sauce: Charred Green Onion Vinaigrette. My sons both had the burger pods. They also both enjoyed the Hawkes' Grog Ale - draft beer, green in color, with a fruity hop character including apricot and peach with a hint of wheat on the finish; 16 oz $8.25; 22 oz $9.50. It is quickly becoming one of our favorite quick service restaurants.

Pros:

Great fresh food

Reviewer: ars0525 Review Date: 10/02/2017

I ate here Sunday (10-1) about 11:30am. When I walked in there wasn't any lines, but I noticed people coming in after me. Easy process to order. I got the kids meal chicken bowl. It was rice & some chicken with the cabbage stuff on top. It was pretty basic & no sauce was served with it (do you ask for that or I missed it somewhere?). I liked the smaller size which was plenty for me. There was no boba balls (what are those?) even though I see now the menu says there should have been? I got a pop which you are able to fill on your own so I did again before I left. There was plenty of seating indoors & I had no problem finding a table for myself. I would eat here again.

Pros:

fast process, easy to order, simple menu

Reviewer: Collette Review Date: 07/14/2017

I love trying unusual foods, and the idea of putting together a bowl was really cool. The chile-spiced crispy fried tofu could have been a little crispier and a little spicier for me, but with the black bean vinaigrette over the quinoa and vegetables (lettuces and kales, mostly) it was very flavorful. The grilled beef with a chimichurri sauce over rice was also very good. These actually were more like salads than hot dinner entrees, though. The Pandoran Sunrise was very disappointing, and even the Dreamwalker Sangria was a disappointment, because it was mostly ice. The blueberry mousse was a pleasant surprise, as it tastes very good. The chocolate cake was disappointing, as it is dry and bitter. The lines did not take long at all for the peak of dinnertime in the middle of July, and the indoor seating is fine. We did not use the mobile ordering option.

Pros:

Tasty create-your-own bowls

Cons:

Lousy drinks

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 02/18/2019

Love the decor and shade. My daughter and I loved our choices, but my husband was unhappy with his (but he is picky when it comes to different food).

Pros:

Daughter and I loved it!

Cons:

Not for everyone

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

The food here is terrible. I am not sure why everyone loves this place but it isn't my cup of tea.

The sauces and seasonings are way too strong. So are the drinks. The seating has so many restrictions posted on the tables it is hard to find a seat even when it isn't busy.

The cast members didn't seem to like their jobs at all and it showed in their experiences.

Pros:

The dessert was pretty good.

Cons:

Food, drinks, seating, service.