Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room Dining Location

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, American
Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by pls Review Date: 01/30/2013

My friend and I had dinner here on the std dining plan on 01/22/13. We both had the Grilled Tenderloin and Fried Fish, which was delicious and very filling. We were too full to eat desert, so I took the Cheesecake and she took the Jaffa tart to go. They were both delicious as well, but the Jaffa tart did not travel very well. Our waitress was very nice, but once again the service was extremely slow. I have eaten here several times before, but my friend had not. I love the food, but the seating and service are too slow and take up too much park time.

Pros:

good food

Cons:

slow service

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 01/23/2013

I hadn't eaten here since I was a kid with my own parents. Husband, daughter and I ate here for lunch and it was very good. We were seated outside under a cover and it was great - good weather for outdoor seating. Server was friendly and gave us his recommendations. Husband had fish & chips which he enjoyed. Daughter had pasta with turkey meat sauce which she ate and butternut squash soup which she ate since I lied and told her it was carrot soup. I had cottage pie - wonderful. Sticky toffee pudding for dessert was not what I expected but very nice. Would highly recommend and will return.

Pros:

Food, service, atmosphere

Reviewed by enjrob Review Date: 01/15/2013

Eh. Pretty much the best way to describe it. The Scotch Eggs were pretty good. Hubby ordered the fish and chips and I ordered the ploughman's lunch so we could trade off and sample both. I thought the fish was ok, nothing to write home about. the ploughman's lunch was an over priced cold cut platter. Smallest servings of all of the restaurants. I had the jaffa tarts and wasn't impressed. Hubby ordered queen's cake and said it was good. Kids ordered fish and chips and meaty macaroni. Those came w/soup or salad. They didn't want either but ordered the soup. It was some sort of roasted squash and I really liked it, no one else did. Servers were very nice. We might try it again someday, but order different things. Lots of other places to chose from 1st

Pros:

service, location, seating

Cons:

serving sizes, prices

Reviewed by jlundeen Review Date: 01/12/2013

Dining here is marvelous once you are seated at your table, but waiting in the bar to be called is really crowded!

Food is great, atmosphere is wonderful, wait staff is very friendly and service was pretty quick. What more can I say?

Pros:

Always a favorite!

Cons:

bar is very crowded