Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room Dining Location

Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: Geri604 Review Date: 10/08/2016

I was disappointed that they had gotten rid of the corned beef sandwich, so I went with my old stand-by: steak. I was very pleasantly surprised by this. It was very flavorful and tender - one of the best steaks I've had. I'm not a big sauce person, and usually either ask to skip it, or get it on the side. This time I forgot, and was again surprised that it was just the right amount and didn't overpower the steak. The green beans that came as a side were perfectly done and very crisp. My dad had the corned beef and cabbage (I guess the replacement for the sandwich), and liked everything except the cabbage. We are used to having a boiled wedge of cabbage, but this was shredded like coleslaw. He said it was ok, just weird. My mom had the fish and chips, which is always done very nicely.

Pros:

The staff here is always very friendly and accommodating

Cons:

When they changed to the all-day menu, the got rid of the corned beef sandwich, which was a favorite

Reviewer: Florafan Review Date: 07/20/2016

7-17-16: What a wonderful experience. My husband and I desired to share an app and entree. We had a scotch egg and bangers and mash. Hubbie also enjoyed a sticky toffee pudding. We lived in Scotland for a time and boy this meal was authentic British cuisine. The service was beyond wonderful. Loved it from beginning to end.

Pros:

Great Food

Reviewer: Snemma Review Date: 06/30/2016

This is one of my families favorite experiences at Disney. We have been able to sit outside and watch Illuminations while finishing our dessert and tea. I had the masala ordered extra spicy. My kids got the burgers. We all enjoyed the food, especially the sticky toffee pudding. This is one dessert I refuse to share.

Pros:

Food and the opportuniy to watch Illuminations

Reviewer: rsfan Review Date: 06/20/2016

We ate here our last night in WDW. Waited about ten minutes past our reservation time. Server was excellent. DDs had the fish and chips which they devoured in no time. Wife had the masala; huge portion, not too spicy. I had the coronation salad, which was a disappointment. The previous frisee salad was much better. This was more like a serving of coleslaw. Main dish was the pub burger. I'm hypercritical of burgers but this one gets my approval. The patty is huge; the rarebit sauce is a nice change from a slice of cheese. I was skeptical about the fried leeks but they were delicious, especially when mixed with the rarebit. Easily the best burger I've had in WDW. The sticky toffe pudding was also a hit. We ate way too much.

Pros:

good food, variety, service

Cons:

can be noisy

Reviewer: maze4 Review Date: 06/18/2016

Ate here 5/21 asked for deck seating to watch Illuminations. Only had to wait 5 min. This is dh favorite restaurant and we eat here every time we visit. This is only the second time we were able to be seated water front and it was beautiful. We were on dp so we knew we could sub dessert for soup. All ordered the potato leek soup which was awesome. All ordered fish and chips. The food took longer than expected and came just as Illuminations started. (We had waited almost an hour for our food.) The restaurant was not busy at all which is unusual. My ds17 loves the unsweet tea which is Twinings Lady Grey. be aware it does have a different taste than normal black tea that is served elsewhere in the parks. I have to buy this at home and their is only 1 store that sells it. He says it reminds him of Disney. Illuminations didn't disappoint however, two little girls came running down right next to our table to watch the show which I didn't mind at first but then they would scream and was waiving this blinking light up wands in our faces almost hitting us. The couple next to us was getting irritated because they were trying to enjoy the show and couldn't because of these two kids. I looked around to see where the parents were and didn't see anyone around. The final straw was when one of the girls who had to be around 9yrs old told my dd7 to move that she was in their way. Excuse me. This was our table and I had to bite my tongue not to say something. But I noticed on this trip that also of children were left unattended more times that not and in todays society I don't think this is a good thing. The fish was greasy and there was more breading than fish. The only thing I enjoyed was the soup. I will try to talk my dh out of eating here again when we return in sept.

Pros:

viewing Illuminations, atmosphere

Cons:

greasy food

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 05/14/2016

We ate here for lunch on April 25, 2016. We were seated outside and the view was very beautiful. Our waitress was great. We both ordered the fish and chips and enjoyed it very much. We've eaten here several times in the past and always return ordering the same thing. If you are in the mood for some great fish, this is the place.

Reviewer: disneyhardin Review Date: 11/13/2015

We were seated very promptly for our ADR, which was very nice.

Our server wasn't the most friendly guy, but he was efficient. I ordered the fish/steak combo and was disappointed that they wouldn't let me sub one of the "assigned" sides with fries. This was the only sit down restaurant that we ate at that wouldn't let me choose a different side than the one already assigned to the dish. My husband had the fish and chips. We both really liked our food. Our deserts were just okay. I had the sticky toffee pudding. The sauce over it was divine, but the cake was super dried out.

We have eaten here several times and will continue to come back despite this not being a particularly memorable visit.

Reviewer: dpirie Review Date: 04/20/2015

Nice hostess, seating was fast, waitress was fun, nice and efficient, checked back with us often. Dinner was fast, fish and chips were amazing, corn beef, not so much. We eat here every time we come to Disney! Definitely recommend.

Pros:

Beautiful setting, friendly staff

Reviewer: girldrgn8 Review Date: 03/28/2015

My husband and I ate lunch here on March 22. This was our second time eating here and it didn't disappoint. We were using our TIW card. Both of us ordered Fish' n Chips and it was perfect. Our waitress was extremely attentive. I think she could tell how tired we both were. She brought us both to-go cups of our drinks as we were leaving and told us it wouldn't do to go out and buy another drink when we had already paid for one. We will definitely be eating here again.

Pros:

Service; Food

Reviewer: Elaine Hammond Review Date: 03/19/2015

We ate here on March 11th which was my husbands birthday. We had a nice table outside by the lake and it was perfect for watching the fireworks.
I was disappointed to learn they no longer have bread service and was shocked that they do not have ice cream! A basic dessert??
Everything was delicious and our server was very sweet to us. My husband got a signed dessert menu as did our friend who was also celebrating.
this is one of our favorite places to eat.

Pros:

Lovely location/ very friendly staff

Cons:

no bread service and NO ICE CREAM