Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room Dining Location

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, American
Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by Swin1989 Review Date: 05/14/2016

We ate here for lunch on April 25, 2016. We were seated outside and the view was very beautiful. Our waitress was great. We both ordered the fish and chips and enjoyed it very much. We've eaten here several times in the past and always return ordering the same thing. If you are in the mood for some great fish, this is the place.

Reviewed by dpirie Review Date: 04/20/2015

Nice hostess, seating was fast, waitress was fun, nice and efficient, checked back with us often. Dinner was fast, fish and chips were amazing, corn beef, not so much. We eat here every time we come to Disney! Definitely recommend.

Pros:

Beautiful setting, friendly staff

Reviewed by girldrgn8 Review Date: 03/28/2015

My husband and I ate lunch here on March 22. This was our second time eating here and it didn't disappoint. We were using our TIW card. Both of us ordered Fish' n Chips and it was perfect. Our waitress was extremely attentive. I think she could tell how tired we both were. She brought us both to-go cups of our drinks as we were leaving and told us it wouldn't do to go out and buy another drink when we had already paid for one. We will definitely be eating here again.

Pros:

Service; Food

Reviewed by wdwgrandma Review Date: 09/29/2014

Ate here for lunch last week. As usual, excellent service and the vegetarian cottage pie is awesome. Yes, it was hot, but I had plenty of water, with my glass of wine, and some breeze. They are so nice to parties of 1 here; Chloe was so sweet. A go to spot for me.

Pros:

always dependable

Reviewed by LISAE Review Date: 08/23/2014

we booked here kicking and screaming at our daughter's insistence as we have always refused to take a nine hour flight and then eat in the 'UK'. She felt that after ten days in Florida she would need a taste of home and as we all choose a percentage of our reservations we went along for the ride. Suffice it to say that we weren't looking forward to this in the least - big mistake.
The only negative as per the previous poster is that we were automatically sat outside in the sun on a very hot August day.
Typically British we sat there without even considering asking to be moved but in hindsight we ought to have done so.
The view from outside however is beautiful and if like me you enjoy the heat you will love it.
We had soft drinks to start with (all served in pint pots - my Dad would be horrified to see a woman drinking out of a pint glass but hey when in America...............)
I then succumbed to a nice glass of English Lager and it was certainly as delicious as it is at home.
My husband ate the fish and chips and said it was as good as at home.
The other three of us had the surf and turf. A bizarre concoction of half fried fish and the other half roast dinner with steak instead of a normal roast beef but all was cooked to perfection. This was accompanied by an English 'Aunt Bessies' type of Yorkshire pudding.
For dessert my son had the trifle which was actually more like an old fashioned jelly and custard dessert rather than a traditional English trifle. The rest of us had an amazing sticky toffee pudding.
Rose and Crown you did us Brits proud. Our only suggestion is that you offer the choice of indoors or outdoors at the podium.
As an additional mention our server took lots of time to explain to my very interested twelve year old daughter exactly the details of her time working at Epcot, the interview procedure and all about her time in the USA. Fantastic!!

Pros:

excellent food, drink and service

Cons:

outdoor seating

Reviewed by tinyallison Review Date: 12/11/2013

My favorite place in Epcot! We went for lunch because the did not have the Bangers and Mash on the dinner menu. Bangers and Mash are my favorite and my boyfriend loved his Sheppard's Pie. For dessert I had the Sticky Toffee Pudding. It was amazing. Our waiter was very kind and helpful. I can't wait to go back just so I can eat here.

Pros:

Food, Waiter

Reviewed by psmutny Review Date: 06/21/2013

My husband and I ate here in March 2013. We came for the fish and chips. We were not disappointed. We were seated by two tables of diners who had special diet issues. One table had a diner who couldn't have gluten. The other table had a diner who could not have milk products. The chef came out and spoke with them to inquire about their eating requirements. He discussed with them what they could not order because of the cream sauces or whatever. When the food was served the chef came out again to make sure everything was to their liking. I was so impressed with the care given to the diners. The desserts weren't particularly great but we loved the entrees.

Pros:

Delicious food, great with special diet requirements

Reviewed by dgurgens Review Date: 04/15/2013

One of our new favorites. The Scotch Egg sounded awful, but tasted amazing. We loved it and will be back!!!

Pros:

Scotch Egg, outdoor patio, food

Cons:

Birds

Reviewed by shell65 Review Date: 04/01/2013

We had a fabulous meal at the Rose and Crown. The soup was excellent. The fish was great. Our waitress Sophie was so nice and made sure we had everything we needed. I had a rotten headache that day but still had a lovely time! We will eat here again!!!

Pros:

food, service, Sophie our waitress

Reviewed by ADJ Review Date: 02/16/2019

We got lucky and snagged a table here for dinner without a reservation! My mobility-impaired mother could not go down the steps to sit on the lower deck, so they switched us to a table in the main dining room. I had the Vegan Bangers & Mash (not on the menu, but apparently they have it available as a regular thing). Mom had a child's portion of fish and chips. The Bangers & Mash was awesome!! It had two Beyond Meat sausage links and a generous portion of mashed potatoes, plus a dark mushroom sauce/gravy that was a tad sweet and tangy. The whole thing was very good. Mom liked her fish and chips; she would like to have had cocktail sauce for the fish but they did not have any. It was "real" fish, not the cheap junk. The child's portion was just right for her. The interior of the restaurant is very pub-like, all in dark woods and gentle lighting. The service at this restaurant is always gracious and friendly.

Pros:

Awesome vegetarian/vegan options here!