Reviews of Restaurant Marrakesh - Lunch/Dinner

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Read more about Restaurant Marrakesh including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Morocco - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

Liked the food here very much. Had the lamb with vegetable coucous. I liked the vegetable coucous so much I got the recipe and now make it at home.

Pros:

very good food

Cons:

music can be a little loud

Reviewed by katertotyay Review Date: 03/03/2015

I am disappointed to see the most recent review of Restaurant Marrakesh being negative, as my friends and I went recently and had a very nice time.

I was there with two friends and a significant other. The friends like appetizers, so we had the seafood bastilla to share and one friend had the salad. The bastilla was delicious!

For meals, I had the saffron mussels appetizer (I think it's new as it's not on the All Ears menu) which was amazing. SO and I shared the Marrakesh Feast, all of which was good except the soup just tasting like regular vegetable soup. My friends had the shish kebab and the couscous m'rouzia. The friend who had the shish kebab said he goes to steak restaurants regularly and the meat served at Marrakesh was better than he's had at those other places.

Everyone very much enjoyed their food. The only downside was how long it took between appetizers & entrees and to get our check. We were there for MUCH longer than I had wanted to be to get to other attractions. We probably spent about two hours there and I was hoping for half that (I did not realize the friends were going to order so much for the first course, though). Our servers were very kind, just absent for quite a while. We loved our experience overall and would definitely eat here again. The bread we had to dip into the saffron mussels sauce was a huge hit!

Pros:

Food, Music, Ambience

Cons:

Length of Time Spent Waiting

Reviewed by mlm8363 Review Date: 12/18/2013

We had dinner here on 12/5/13 and loved it. The beautiful tiled decor, the musicians and the bellydancer were all great. We chose the Royal Feast and it really is a lot of food! The meats were so tender we didn't have to use our knives to cut them. Our server was attentive and we didn't feel rushed along at all.

Pros:

setting, food, entertainment

Reviewed by nurseholly Review Date: 10/02/2013

I'm glad I tried this restaurant and I would recommend people try it as well, but I don't think I would make a repeat visit. I loved some of the food, but some was just ok. I was surprised by how bland and dry some things were. Especially since I love Tangierine Cafe so much. The restaurant itself was gorgeous and the belly dancer was a lot of fun. I do recommend the shish kebab, they were excellent!

Pros:

beautiful restaurant, fun entertainment

Cons:

food just ok

Reviewed by Mich97 Review Date: 08/30/2013

Ate here this past July. We all had the shish kabob and it was very good. Our server was attentive and the belly dancer was fun getting the kids to go up and try belly dancing. Good place for lunch or dinner and relaxing.

Pros:

food

Reviewed by debsil4 Review Date: 05/06/2013

I ate here with a group of 4 moms and and 6 teens and we all enjoyed our meals. The kids were a bit taken aback by some of the dishes; but once tried, they were very happy. Our waiter was very patient and allowed the teens to make substitutions if desired.

Pros:

Good food, ability to substitute

Cons:

Noise

Reviewed by ChallengerHK1 Review Date: 02/05/2019

I dined with a party of three, and we all liked the food a lot. I've ever been to Morocco, but I worked in Saudi Arabia for a few years, and the decor was much cleaner at Epcot. My location in Saudi catered to expats, so it's hard to make a comparison elsewise.

The only other thing I noted was that the belly dancer was much more chaste compared to prior visits. I recall the dancer being in something more gauzy on my previous visits, but this time she was covered from her beck to her ankles.

Pros:

Good food with a hint of the exotic

Cons:

Somewhat bland decor, which is probably authentic for Morroco

Reviewed by Ncdj2013 Review Date: 04/16/2014

We ate here our last night at Disney last Friday. We both had the shish ka bob. Meat was very tender and flavorful. Accompanied with bell pepper , onion, tomato, mushroom & zucchini. Nice! side dish was a yellow rice pilaf that could have used a little more turmeric. A pat of butter fixed it. We weren't hungry enough to have appetizer or dessert after 7 days of eating at Disney.
the tables are very close but the ambiance and decor is very nice. Also enjoyed the belly dancer and morrocan music.

Pros:

Tasty Shish Ka Bob

Cons:

Loud and close

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 01/03/2015

First time dining here on 12/17 for a 12:40pm lunch as part of the Candlelight Processional package. We were interested to try some new food in World Showcase. The meal started off fine. My friend got the Beef Brewat Rolls and my mom and I shared the Goat Cheese appetizer for two. All very good and not too "different". Pieces of fresh bread were brought around as well.

We liked the belly dancer and band but were glad they didn't perform the whole time, since the music was a bit loud.

For entrees, I had the Chicken Kebabs, Mom had the Beef Kebabs, and my friend had the Roast Lamb Meshoui. We all liked our choices. I did have some difficulty getting the chicken off the kebab, and definitely sent at least one piece flying to the floor.

After the entrees were delivered, our waiter disappeared. We asked for more bread, told us that was no problem, but never brought any. No drink refills to be found. Waited quite a while for dessert orders to be taken, which the waiter's assistant got for us.

We sampled one of everything, since there are only three choices. The assorted Baklavas were okay, nothing special. I really liked the Bastilla but the other two thought the Marrakesh Delight (fruit salad with mint ice cream in orange water) was the best thing ever.

Now it's been almost 90 minutes since we arrived and our waiter is nowhere to be found. I've hardly ever spent so long in a restaurant. The length of time was compounded by the fact that the restaurant was absolutely ice cold...and I was wearing a sweater! When we eventually got the check, our waiter did not get a good tip. On the way out, we asked to speak to the manager to complain. She gave us a package of baklava and some cappuccinos to go for all the trouble and assured us our server is normally a very good server, one of their best. We know sometimes servers just have an off day and perhaps this was that day for him, but it did dampen our opinion of the place. The food was very good but I'll try the counter service place next time.

Pros:

Good food, entertainment, manager

Cons:

Very poor service and restaurant was freezing

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

Not a bad experience but I am debating on coming here again.

The Atmosphere and the food are good, the servers are not knowledgeable about food allergies, however the Chef says he has been with the restaurant for 35 years and did a good job.

I had the Sultan's Platter witch was a little bland, until you try the chicken and beef pastry dusted with icing sugar.

The only con for me was the music is quite loud and my party left with a headache.

over all the food was alright, but I won't be returning here anytime soon

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Staff not knowledgeable about food allergies