Reviews of Restaurant Marrakesh - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Restaurant Marrakesh Dining Location

Read more about Restaurant Marrakesh including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Morocco - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by JoanneS Review Date: 01/21/2015

We gave Marrakesh a try on January 10. We were seated right away. The tables are very close and the restaurant looks like it needs a little refurbishment. The belly dancer was good and I enjoyed the live music. I ordered the chicken kebabs and my table neighbors ordered the lamb. We were so close together, we might has well been sharing a table. About a minute later our food arrived. Obviously, the dishes are prepared in advance and are waiting under some kind of heat source. The chicken was dry and tasteless. It was also a little tough and just luke warm. The neighbor's lamb looked like a large hunk of meat on a dish; totally unappealing. My husband ordered some kind of combination appetizer that we shared. Everything was cold and tasted the same. The spice palette was completely unpleasant to me. If it wasn't for the music and the pleasant service, I'd be looking to give this restaurant a negative number for a rating.

Pros:

Service, music

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 01/03/2015

First time dining here on 12/17 for a 12:40pm lunch as part of the Candlelight Processional package. We were interested to try some new food in World Showcase. The meal started off fine. My friend got the Beef Brewat Rolls and my mom and I shared the Goat Cheese appetizer for two. All very good and not too "different". Pieces of fresh bread were brought around as well.

We liked the belly dancer and band but were glad they didn't perform the whole time, since the music was a bit loud.

For entrees, I had the Chicken Kebabs, Mom had the Beef Kebabs, and my friend had the Roast Lamb Meshoui. We all liked our choices. I did have some difficulty getting the chicken off the kebab, and definitely sent at least one piece flying to the floor.

After the entrees were delivered, our waiter disappeared. We asked for more bread, told us that was no problem, but never brought any. No drink refills to be found. Waited quite a while for dessert orders to be taken, which the waiter's assistant got for us.

We sampled one of everything, since there are only three choices. The assorted Baklavas were okay, nothing special. I really liked the Bastilla but the other two thought the Marrakesh Delight (fruit salad with mint ice cream in orange water) was the best thing ever.

Now it's been almost 90 minutes since we arrived and our waiter is nowhere to be found. I've hardly ever spent so long in a restaurant. The length of time was compounded by the fact that the restaurant was absolutely ice cold...and I was wearing a sweater! When we eventually got the check, our waiter did not get a good tip. On the way out, we asked to speak to the manager to complain. She gave us a package of baklava and some cappuccinos to go for all the trouble and assured us our server is normally a very good server, one of their best. We know sometimes servers just have an off day and perhaps this was that day for him, but it did dampen our opinion of the place. The food was very good but I'll try the counter service place next time.

Pros:

Good food, entertainment, manager

Cons:

Very poor service and restaurant was freezing

Reviewed by PrincessDaisyDuck Review Date: 08/26/2014

This may be my new favorite Disney restaurant. The restaurant is beautiful, our server was wonderful and the band and belly dancer were great. Kids in the restaurant were invited to join the belly dancer, seeing my 3 year old dance with her was one of the highlights of our trip. We were a party of seven and between us we had the vegetable cous cous, beef cous cous, chicken kebab and fish. We also tried all of the desserts. Everything was delicious, I highly recommend this place.

Pros:

Food,a Service, Decor, Entertainment

Reviewed by Ncdj2013 Review Date: 04/16/2014

We ate here our last night at Disney last Friday. We both had the shish ka bob. Meat was very tender and flavorful. Accompanied with bell pepper , onion, tomato, mushroom & zucchini. Nice! side dish was a yellow rice pilaf that could have used a little more turmeric. A pat of butter fixed it. We weren't hungry enough to have appetizer or dessert after 7 days of eating at Disney.
the tables are very close but the ambiance and decor is very nice. Also enjoyed the belly dancer and morrocan music.

Pros:

Tasty Shish Ka Bob

Cons:

Loud and close

Reviewed by mlm8363 Review Date: 12/18/2013

We had dinner here on 12/5/13 and loved it. The beautiful tiled decor, the musicians and the bellydancer were all great. We chose the Royal Feast and it really is a lot of food! The meats were so tender we didn't have to use our knives to cut them. Our server was attentive and we didn't feel rushed along at all.

Pros:

setting, food, entertainment

Reviewed by DisneyJunkie Review Date: 10/31/2013

The entertainment was good, but the food.....all of it for all of us in our party had the common review of being very bland.

Pros:

Good entertainment.

Cons:

Very bland, tasteless food.

Reviewed by rjstanley Review Date: 10/24/2013

My family just dined her tonight, all I can say is we were disappointed all the way around. We have never eaten here before and were looking forward to the belly dancer. In the 1 1/2 hours we were there she dance for a total of about 10 minutes and then we were not able to see her because of being seated in the far corner of the restaurant. The food was cold and tasteless. We thought we would at least end the meal with a tasty dessert - wrong :( The server was not very attentive. Overall completely disappointed I wasted a table service meal here.

Pros:

wait time to be seated

Cons:

food / atmosphere

Reviewed by longislander Review Date: 10/06/2013

Can you say LOUD??? I was so excited to try this restaurant. I regularly eat many of the foods at home that are served here. We arrived on time but had about a 15-minute wait. The hostesses seemed very disorganized. The first time they went to seat us, they turned us back around saying the table wasn’t ready. After another 5 minute wait, we were seated. The belly dancer and musicians were playing. I couldn’t talk to my daughter due to the noise level. We ended up texting each other throughout the meal so we could just communicate. Our food arrived rather quickly. I ordered the Couscous M-Rouzia, which is basically Moroccan pot roast. It was tasty but no vegetables. The meal felt incomplete and out of balance. My daughter ordered the Chicken Kebabs. The chicken was overcooked and tough and the vegetables were cold. The noise level was still unacceptable throughout the whole meal. This was not a pleasant experience. What a disappointment.

Pros:

Beautiful setting

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by nurseholly Review Date: 10/02/2013

I'm glad I tried this restaurant and I would recommend people try it as well, but I don't think I would make a repeat visit. I loved some of the food, but some was just ok. I was surprised by how bland and dry some things were. Especially since I love Tangierine Cafe so much. The restaurant itself was gorgeous and the belly dancer was a lot of fun. I do recommend the shish kebab, they were excellent!

Pros:

beautiful restaurant, fun entertainment

Cons:

food just ok

Reviewed by Mich97 Review Date: 08/30/2013

Ate here this past July. We all had the shish kabob and it was very good. Our server was attentive and the belly dancer was fun getting the kids to go up and try belly dancing. Good place for lunch or dinner and relaxing.

Pros:

food