Reviews of Restaurant Marrakesh - Lunch/Dinner

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Read more about Restaurant Marrakesh including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Morocco - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by JoanneS Review Date: 01/21/2015

We gave Marrakesh a try on January 10. We were seated right away. The tables are very close and the restaurant looks like it needs a little refurbishment. The belly dancer was good and I enjoyed the live music. I ordered the chicken kebabs and my table neighbors ordered the lamb. We were so close together, we might has well been sharing a table. About a minute later our food arrived. Obviously, the dishes are prepared in advance and are waiting under some kind of heat source. The chicken was dry and tasteless. It was also a little tough and just luke warm. The neighbor's lamb looked like a large hunk of meat on a dish; totally unappealing. My husband ordered some kind of combination appetizer that we shared. Everything was cold and tasted the same. The spice palette was completely unpleasant to me. If it wasn't for the music and the pleasant service, I'd be looking to give this restaurant a negative number for a rating.

Pros:

Service, music

Reviewed by rjstanley Review Date: 10/24/2013

My family just dined her tonight, all I can say is we were disappointed all the way around. We have never eaten here before and were looking forward to the belly dancer. In the 1 1/2 hours we were there she dance for a total of about 10 minutes and then we were not able to see her because of being seated in the far corner of the restaurant. The food was cold and tasteless. We thought we would at least end the meal with a tasty dessert - wrong :( The server was not very attentive. Overall completely disappointed I wasted a table service meal here.

Pros:

wait time to be seated

Cons:

food / atmosphere

Reviewed by longislander Review Date: 10/06/2013

Can you say LOUD??? I was so excited to try this restaurant. I regularly eat many of the foods at home that are served here. We arrived on time but had about a 15-minute wait. The hostesses seemed very disorganized. The first time they went to seat us, they turned us back around saying the table wasn’t ready. After another 5 minute wait, we were seated. The belly dancer and musicians were playing. I couldn’t talk to my daughter due to the noise level. We ended up texting each other throughout the meal so we could just communicate. Our food arrived rather quickly. I ordered the Couscous M-Rouzia, which is basically Moroccan pot roast. It was tasty but no vegetables. The meal felt incomplete and out of balance. My daughter ordered the Chicken Kebabs. The chicken was overcooked and tough and the vegetables were cold. The noise level was still unacceptable throughout the whole meal. This was not a pleasant experience. What a disappointment.

Pros:

Beautiful setting

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by Irene Review Date: 02/09/2015

Very disappointed in quality of food. Have eaten here over ten years ago and expected the same flavors of food. While a lot of food for the price, the chicken was dry, the couscous could have come out of a box. No spice, no flavor, even though there were cooked veggies mixed in. What I loved from my previous visit, just wasn't there. I must add that the goat cheese appetizer was very tasty. But again, there were spices and flavors added to it. Even the baklava tasted "old". Sorry, but I will not be returning

Pros:

Decor

Reviewed by DisneyJunkie Review Date: 10/31/2013

The entertainment was good, but the food.....all of it for all of us in our party had the common review of being very bland.

Pros:

Good entertainment.

Cons:

Very bland, tasteless food.

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

Not a bad experience but I am debating on coming here again.

The Atmosphere and the food are good, the servers are not knowledgeable about food allergies, however the Chef says he has been with the restaurant for 35 years and did a good job.

I had the Sultan's Platter witch was a little bland, until you try the chicken and beef pastry dusted with icing sugar.

The only con for me was the music is quite loud and my party left with a headache.

over all the food was alright, but I won't be returning here anytime soon

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Staff not knowledgeable about food allergies

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 01/03/2015

First time dining here on 12/17 for a 12:40pm lunch as part of the Candlelight Processional package. We were interested to try some new food in World Showcase. The meal started off fine. My friend got the Beef Brewat Rolls and my mom and I shared the Goat Cheese appetizer for two. All very good and not too "different". Pieces of fresh bread were brought around as well.

We liked the belly dancer and band but were glad they didn't perform the whole time, since the music was a bit loud.

For entrees, I had the Chicken Kebabs, Mom had the Beef Kebabs, and my friend had the Roast Lamb Meshoui. We all liked our choices. I did have some difficulty getting the chicken off the kebab, and definitely sent at least one piece flying to the floor.

After the entrees were delivered, our waiter disappeared. We asked for more bread, told us that was no problem, but never brought any. No drink refills to be found. Waited quite a while for dessert orders to be taken, which the waiter's assistant got for us.

We sampled one of everything, since there are only three choices. The assorted Baklavas were okay, nothing special. I really liked the Bastilla but the other two thought the Marrakesh Delight (fruit salad with mint ice cream in orange water) was the best thing ever.

Now it's been almost 90 minutes since we arrived and our waiter is nowhere to be found. I've hardly ever spent so long in a restaurant. The length of time was compounded by the fact that the restaurant was absolutely ice cold...and I was wearing a sweater! When we eventually got the check, our waiter did not get a good tip. On the way out, we asked to speak to the manager to complain. She gave us a package of baklava and some cappuccinos to go for all the trouble and assured us our server is normally a very good server, one of their best. We know sometimes servers just have an off day and perhaps this was that day for him, but it did dampen our opinion of the place. The food was very good but I'll try the counter service place next time.

Pros:

Good food, entertainment, manager

Cons:

Very poor service and restaurant was freezing

Reviewed by ChallengerHK1 Review Date: 02/05/2019

I dined with a party of three, and we all liked the food a lot. I've ever been to Morocco, but I worked in Saudi Arabia for a few years, and the decor was much cleaner at Epcot. My location in Saudi catered to expats, so it's hard to make a comparison elsewise.

The only other thing I noted was that the belly dancer was much more chaste compared to prior visits. I recall the dancer being in something more gauzy on my previous visits, but this time she was covered from her beck to her ankles.

Pros:

Good food with a hint of the exotic

Cons:

Somewhat bland decor, which is probably authentic for Morroco

Reviewed by Ncdj2013 Review Date: 04/16/2014

We ate here our last night at Disney last Friday. We both had the shish ka bob. Meat was very tender and flavorful. Accompanied with bell pepper , onion, tomato, mushroom & zucchini. Nice! side dish was a yellow rice pilaf that could have used a little more turmeric. A pat of butter fixed it. We weren't hungry enough to have appetizer or dessert after 7 days of eating at Disney.
the tables are very close but the ambiance and decor is very nice. Also enjoyed the belly dancer and morrocan music.

Pros:

Tasty Shish Ka Bob

Cons:

Loud and close

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Good food, nice entertainment

Pros:

interactive entertainment