Most Recent Reviews

Review of Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by ayehartewe Review Date: 05/12/2013

We made an 8:40 pm reservation for May the 1st of 2013. Although we were half an hour early, we were seated in less than a minute. The restaurant is beautifully decorated. Our server seemed as though she was flagging a bit in energy, but that wasn't a big surprise as it was near the restaurant's closing and probably near the end of her shift. She was still very sweet and courteous. My significant other and I had the chicken and steak entrees and split them both. The potatoes that come with the steak are heavenly. I found the Boston Creme Pie dessert to be perfectly sized for its richness and a delightful accompaniment to my cappuccino. I will definitely be back.

Pros:

Food, Atmosphere

Review of Yak and Yeti Counter Service -- Anandapur Local Food Cafes

Reviewed by Ldk72 Review Date: 05/12/2013

I ordered the pork egg rolls and chicken fried rice while my daughter had the basket of fries. We both liked what we ordered. We ate our meal on the patio next door. HaHa, watch those ducks. Be aware, their watching your plate just as close as your watching them.

Pros:

good food

Review of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by Ldk72 Review Date: 05/12/2013

I ordered the Fresh Mozzarella and Chicken Parmigiana while my daughter ordered the Spaghetti. Instead of marinara on my Parmigiana I ordered the four cheese sauce. Very good. For dessert I ordered the Cheesecake and my daughter had Vanilla Gelato. No complaints about this restaurant except we never saw our waiter. Service was very very slow and it seemed we were there forever.

Pros:

good food

Cons:

poor service

Review of Earl of Sandwich

Reviewed by PrBrandy Review Date: 05/12/2013

Ate here May 2 around 8PM. This was not our first visit and won't be our last. The Original Beef is great, The Subs are better than Subway and/or Quizno's. Hard to find a seat and very fast moving lines. Not a relaxing meal but a good one.
DVC Members get a 10% discount just show your membership card and ID. Worth a trip to Downtown Disney to eat much better than most Theme Park Fast Food.

Pros:

Great Sandwiches

Cons:

Crowded always

Review of Yorkshire County Fish Shop

Reviewed by PrBrandy Review Date: 05/12/2013

This was our first time trying the Fish and Chips. Where we live in Wisconsin Friday night fish fry is kind of a traditional meal. It too is usually fried Cod ( or walleye ) and French Fries.
This may be traditional English Pub Grub but it was every bit as good as what we get at home here at most local bars on a Friday night.
I would say this was about the best value for what I got of any Quick Serve meal.
If you like fried foods and like fish this is the place to eat while in Epcot.

Pros:

Good Fish

Review of Pecos Bill Cafe

Reviewed by PrBrandy Review Date: 05/12/2013

Pecos Bills was the best place to get a burger in Disney in the past. Two years ago it was down right bad. We tried it again this year during our 05/02 thru 05/09 vacation and now again think that it is at least an OK burger. The burger itself is much leaner then in past. I suspect that is due to a more health conscience customer base. Two years ago the bun the burger was served on was like a roofing shingle dry with a dry lifeless burger. Now the bun is a softer white bread bun that is more traditional for a fast food burger. The Cheese was actually melted on the burger as well. What makes this place is the great topping bar. Sautéed Onions and Mushrooms, Cheese sauce for the fries. For what a burger costs here you can get a much better burger in places off premise. No they are not Disney Theme Park so you pay for the address as well. This is not bad but there are other places in the Magic Kingdom that offers better value.

Pros:

Good Burgers

Review of Casey's Corner

Reviewed by PrBrandy Review Date: 05/12/2013

Casey's offer a good product. In years past the hot dogs were served on a Midwest style soft white hot dog bun. Two years ago the bun was a multi grain new England style roll that was dry as cardboard and way too much bread for the amount of hot dog you got. This year things are looking up. Still a New England style Hot Dog roll which is too much bread but now it is back to the softer white bread style which makes for a much better Dog. With the great fixings bar with cheese sauce for the fries or dogs you get your monies worth or better at this place.

Pros:

Better than two years ago

Cons:

Still too much bun with the Hot Dog

Review of Fishing Excursions

Reviewed by PrBrandy Review Date: 05/12/2013

We fished 05/05 at 10:00 AM. The Day was very windy but sunny and nice. We were picked up at the Wilderness Lodge and spent the whole time fishing in Bay Lake. Our first spot was near the docks at the Cotemporary. Lots of fish. We then moved to a more open water area on the other end of the Lake but due to the high wind the boat would not hold with both an anchor and power pole. Next a run back to the other end where the wind was not quite as bad, still not able to hold the boat due to wind. Then along the front side of the Garden Building at the Cotemporary. Good fishing out here again. Last was near the dock to Ft Wilderness where the Bass were chasing the bait as you reeled in.
This is a great experience for anyone who likes to fish. The guides will do as much or as little as you want them to in terms of handling the fish, baiting hooks with Shiners, netting fish ETC. You also have the option of fishing with artificial bait.
This is one event/attraction at Disney that is NOT scripted and that makes it that much more special. Well worth the money.

Pros:

Lots of fish

Cons:

Watch for sun burn

Review of Toy Story Pizza Planet CLOSED February 1, 2016 for Long Rehab

Reviewed by PrBrandy Review Date: 05/11/2013

Good Counter Service meal. Pizza is good both in quality and portion. If you don't want the salad just ask at the register where you order you get just the pizza at a slightly lower cost. It was very crowded when we visited but the cast did seem to be keeping up well. Seating was only found outside which was not a problem the day we were there.

Pros:

Pizza

Cons:

Crowds

Review of Chef Mickey's Dinner

Reviewed by PrBrandy Review Date: 05/11/2013

We have eaten at Chef Mickey's many times over the years. This visit was 4 adults on 05/06.
We all like the all you eat food. Parmesan Potatoes and Beef carved to order with peal and eat shrimp are the best. Even with all adults age 19-55 the characters still visited and took pictures.
What made this trip real good was a favorite dessert was not on the buffet at the time of our visit. I asked the server, Tom , and went out his way to find me some in the kitchen and deliver them to me.
This is not the place for some one that not like to eat much as the price is high. If you like to eat you can get your monies worth were for sure as well. If you like to eat and want easy Character Time with the kids Chef Mickey's can not be beat.

Pros:

Good Food, lots to eat, easy to get Character Pictures

1 957 958 959 960 961 1,104