Most Recent Reviews

Review Of: Tangierine Cafe

Reviewer: mrspierce39 Review Date: 01/16/2013

Best quick food in epcot . Nice that you can see the offerings before you order . People were so friendly too
My daughter was thrilled when she asked one of the cast to say a phrase for her in Arabic so she could film him and he was more than happy to do so with a great smile.
Really felt like we were in an authentic morrocan cafe
Love the tangerine cafe and will be back!

Pros:

Best quick food in epcot beautiful people

Cons:

Review Of: Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewer: jedinite16 Review Date: 01/16/2013

I stayed with my mother for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon. I go every year and was excited to stay in the newest resort. We stayed in the Little Mermaid section. It was wonderfully themed and the room was comfortable.

I love the fridge in the room but you have no drawer space other than 4 small drawers. I lived out of my suitcase for the whole trip. Not a really big deal, just a pain.

The food at the food court was varied and different which was nice.

Only issue I really had was the walk, it was a long one, to get to the main building if you were not in a suite it was very far, even cutting through the parking lot was far to get a bus.
The wifi was good during the day but the minute the parks closed and everyone got back to the rooms, it became hard to get on to the system.

If I am staying with a bigger group, I will stay here again, if I am going with just 2 people, I think that I will pay for a premium room at Pop Century and walk over the bridge if I want food from this food court.

Pros:

Very Pretty, Food Court had wonderful food, Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Cons:

some parts of the resort are very far away

Review Of: FastPass+

Reviewer: nobull433 Review Date: 01/16/2013

I went to DisneyWorld about a month ago (December 2012) and we were able to test the Fastpass+, we tried it out at Hollywood Studios. There were 17 in our group and I was the one that set everyone up, I stood at the little Kiosk at Guest Relations. I had them all working. We went to the rides and all of the fastpass+ worked but my group. It was a pain because we had scheduled around it. They told me I would have to go back and fix them. Also when we were setting them up, because our group was so large, the times werent the same or one ended when the other started. So maybe for a small family of 4 these are great, but not for a huge group.

Pros:

Sign up from home, right when you get in the park

Cons:

Not good for big groups, cant always get the same time

Review Of: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Reviewer: Wykdg Review Date: 01/16/2013

We enjoyed this dinner show for the second time.The previous time was in 2006 and the show was just as fresh and funny as it was then.

We had a table on the floor, 2nd row center. Perfect. We booked the late show (8:30) on the dining plan, so we were able to get category 1 seats.

The food was plentiful. A variety of choices for everyone. The way they serve the food in buckets is quick and efficient and it fits the country theme. We loved the cornbread and strawberry shortcake with whipped cream.

The entertainers are the main reason to attend the Hoop de Doo and they were great. It is hard to believe how many shows they do each night, day after day and, yet, it is like they are performing just for you. Kuddos to all the musicians! You kept us laughing all evening.

Pros:

Great fun, enjoyable evening

Cons:

None at all!

Review Of: Crystal Palace Lunch/Dinner

Reviewer: rkold Review Date: 01/16/2013

We had a horrible experience here in October for dinner. We came early for our ADR and we were told they would take us in 10 minutes. Instead we waited over 40, my toddler had a huge meltdown and they took another party of 3 with a later ADR before us. They did a horrific job of marking what options contained meat and with my shrieking toddler, I didn't have time to ask the cook. I ended up accidentally eating some pork which caused me to wake up that evening to vomit. I will never go back to this restaurant again!

Pros:

Winnie and Tigger

Cons:

The cast members and the food

Review Of: Cinderella's Royal Table Lunch

Reviewer: rkold Review Date: 01/16/2013

We ate here in October for lunch and the food was much better than I expected based on reviews on this site and elsewhere. The portions were not oversized like at so many Disney restaurants. We had a lovely table with the perfect view of Fantasyland. The princesses came quickly and were very good with my toddler. In October, we had Ariel, Jasmine, Aurora and Rapunzel. (We had different princesses in December.) I paid for it out of pocket, I don't like the meal plans, and I like getting the picture.

Pros:

Food was better than expected, my toddler got a wand eve though she was under 3!

Review Of: Biergarten - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewer: Wykdg Review Date: 01/16/2013

We ate here for the first time in Jan. I was hoping for a juicy bratwurst or cabbage buns but they weren't on the buffet. My husband ordered the beer sampler and they were good. The desserts were the best. We really enjoyed all of them!

We were seated at a table with a family from a state across the country from where we live. It was fun getting to know them and compare their Disney experiences to ours. That is what I'll remember the most from our visit to the Biergarten.

Pros:

Entertainment, different from other restaurants

Cons:

Tables crowded together

Review Of: Yacht Club Resort (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewer: rkold Review Date: 01/16/2013

We stayed here in October in a water view room. Our room was far from the main lobby, (unless you cut around outside) but had a lovely water view. The cast members at the hotel were amazing and always made me feel welcome, they were also extremely competent. Check-in was super fast and easy unlike at the Poly and Bay Lake Tower, where we stayed last year. I loved being able to walk to Epcot and to the Studios. This is now our favorite hotel in WDW.

Pros:

Amazing staff and wonderful location

Review Of: My Disney Experience

Reviewer: alwill Review Date: 01/16/2013

Not sure if we truly experienced MyMagic+ or just a prelude to its features. However, during our stay in December, I was asked at check-in if I'd be interested in participating the new program with our room key, which we were also putting our park tickets on. The guest services member said we'd be able to use our room key by merely waving or tapping on a device at select stores within the test park, EPCOT. So, we agreed. We added a 4 digit pin to each card, in the event we were to use it on a purchase of $50 or more.

A couple of days later, when we were approaching the gates at the park, a lady (not in the usual Cast Member attire) saw us pulling out our room keys and asked if we'd like to participate in a test experience, and naturally, we agreed. She led us down the way from the other gates and ushered us to a entry point that had a waist-high T-bar with a ball adorned with a Disney "D" and on the other end of the T-bar, a finger reader.

We waved our card in front of the "D" and a green light twirled around the D and then lit up in a solid ring around the D. Then the index finger was inserted on the reader, which also twirled a green light, ending in a solid green color and voila, you were in. There were a lot of upper level types standing around observing this, taking notes on tablets and thanking us for participating. I asked if I could take a picture of the gate device and after a little checking, a gentleman in what I'd call casual business attire stepped over and asked a few questions, then declined my request, saying it was still in testing and they would rather wait for the official Disney announcement. He was very nice about it.

Then while in EPCOT, and making purchases at various checkouts, we saw the same Disney "D" emblem ball as part of the credit card reader. When we asked if we could do the tapping technique, almost every place said it wasn't working (one member took the card and wiped it across the D-ball a few times like she was under surveillance and then said, "See, it doesn't work.") However, when in one of the shops in the China pavilion, we asked the cast member at the checkout if we should we tap our card, she had no idea what we were talking about. And when we tried, it worked! She was as surprised as we were.

The next day, as we were about to enter the Animal Kingdom, we were again approached by some nicely dressed cast members to participate in the new entry test, and we went through like old pros (they were impressed we knew what to do and so quickly) The only difference in the AK device is that it had a patina look, like it had been weathered, keeping with the jungle explorer theme of the park.

Overall, it seems to be very cool technology and so much faster than the usual entry method. I can't tell you how many times our tickets would not go through the regular readers and you'd have to run it through several times before you could enter. I'm also looking forward to the FastPass+ features that are being touted.

The only concern with the card tap method in purchasing from the stores would be if you lost your card and the finder was to take advantage of its easy buying ability. Even though when purchasing something over $50, you had to enter your pin, a lot of damage can be done buying food and beverages. But I'm sure Disney has thought about that!

Pros:

Very cool technology

Cons:

A little buggy

Review Of: Kona Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewer: Wykdg Review Date: 01/16/2013

We ate dinner here Jan. 3. There was no place to sit down to wait until our reservation was ready. The couches and chairs at the end of the lobby area were full.

The cafe is just off the doors to the monorail, so it is busy and noisy, plus the sound of the waterfall contributed to the noise.

The restaurant is open to this activity and it was hard to have a quiet conversation. Maybe if they built a half wall or put in some other kind of sound absorption, this restaurant would be more relaxing,
The food was good. We had Asian noodles, coconut chicken and coffee crusted pork chops. The salads and breads were delicious as well. Our server was informed and helpful. The coffee was the smoothest, most delicious coffee we have enjoyed on WDW property!

This restaurant is very convenient to get to from the Magic Kingdom.

Pros:

Good food, convenient location

Cons:

Noisy, did not feel upscale
1 933 934 935 936 937 959