Most Recent Reviews

Review Of: Be Our Guest Dinner

Reviewer: mskertes Review Date: 01/08/2013

My wife, daughter and I ate here for dinner on December 29th. First the good news; Theming is outstanding. The "Beast" walks through the dining room every 20 minutes or so. However, the poor quality of the food makes this a "never visit again" restaurant. My wife ordered the salmon off of the dinner menu. After taking a few bites, my wife commented on the unusual taste of the fish and thought it might be the seasoning. After eating from the other end she asked me to take a bit. I instantly recognized the fish as rotten. We brought this to the attention of our server, but it was too late. My wife spent the majority of the evening and next morning in our hotel bathroom. For a new restaurant to serve a piece of fish that was definitely not "springtime fresh" is a disgrace. The fireworks issue is due to the location of the restaurant and location of fireworks launcher. Depending upon wind direction, you will be held inside the restaurant during the evening fireworks due to fallout. We will not be visiting here again.

Pros:

Theming of restaurant

Cons:

Too loud, too crowded, poor food quality, fireworks snafu

Review Of: Cooke's of Dublin

Reviewer: slapps Review Date: 01/08/2013

My family and friends returned from our annual Disney vacation on the 6th of January,2013. We dined at this eatery twice this time down from Upstate New York. The fish and chips were just OK. WE have dined here on several occasions in the past. We found that the fish did not taste as good as it has in the past. We think maybe they have changed the type or brand of fish they serve (maybe cost cutting). The fish also seemed to be a little greasy. On the other occasion we dined there on this trip I had the chicken strips. They seemed to be over cooked and dry. The meals we had were just o.k., I would still recommend this eatery, we may have just hit on a bad day.

Pros:

Not bad prices.

Cons:

Fish

Review Of: Earl of Sandwich

Reviewer: slapps Review Date: 01/08/2013

My family and friends just returned from a 10 day Disney stay from December 28th through the 5th of January,2013. We dined here about 6 times. We just loved the prices and the meals. Everything we had was wonderful. This has to be the best deal and best tasting counter service at all of Disney. My son who can be a picky eater loved their holiday special. We highly recommend this to everyone.

Pros:

Great value and sandwiches.

Cons:

Long lines

Review Of: La Hacienda de San Angel

Reviewer: tgsmithsr Review Date: 01/08/2013

We ate here tonight, and I have definite mixed feelings about the experience. DW and I ordered the "La Hacienda" for two. When the waiter finally brought the meal, we quickly found ourselves juggling serving dishes as we tried to rotate them into position on our approximately two-foot wide table. Meantime, there were several bigger tables nearby that were unoccupied the whole time we ate. Also, when we asked exactly what La Hacienda is before ordering it, he described it as being "fajitas." I'm not sure what these folks think fajitas are, but the meal came with all of 6 tortillas about 3 inches in diameter. It's a little hard to stack much filling on a tortilla that size, not to mention the fact that we ran out of tortillas in about 5 minutes. When the waiter came by, I asked him for more, and he proceeded to argue that we had plenty. When I insisted we really did need more, he brought a few, but that was it. I finished the meal eating the ingredients for this "fajita" off my plate, trying to stack them all on my fork. Oh, well, I learned to live without the tortillas, so I gave him the opportunity to learn to live without a tip. On the plus side, however, this platter was some of the best Mexican food I've ever had, and I lived in SoCal for over 30 years, so I've had a few plates of Mexican food. We'll probably go back again at some point for that reason alone.

Pros:

Cons:

Service

Review Of: California Grill

Reviewer: CupcakePrincess Review Date: 01/08/2013

I ate here on 1/7/13 and thought it was fantastic! We had a reservation at 5:40, and we checked in just after 5 and were on our way up the elevator to the restaurant. We were seated around 5:40 by a very nice man who explained the restaurant to us since none of us had ever dined here before. Our waitress was VERY knowledgeable of the menu and was happy to explain some dishes to us. We ended up ordering three appetizers to share between the three of us. My favorite was definitely the Spicy Kazan Roll. We each had our own entree, but I sampled some of my parent's food. My dad's pork tenderloin was very well cooked and had amazing flavor. My mom had the scallops which were fantastic. I had the Dragon sushi Roll which I didn't care for. I'd rather have more of the Kazan Roll. Our waitress kept our glasses of water full and would check in on us after we received our food. The icing on the cake was the observation deck for Wishes. Our meal ended 45 minutes before Wishes started so we decided to just hang out on the deck and peacefully wait for Wishes. It was the best meal I've had on property!

Pros:

Service, View, Atmosphere

Cons:

Review Of: Saratoga Springs Resort (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewer: quintenglish Review Date: 01/07/2013

I've visited Disney World countless times as this is by far my favourite place to stay. The staff here are friendlier than anywhere else I've been, the area is gorgeous and the facilities are great. Of all the Disney resorts, this is probably the best value for money you will find.

This place is huge though - everything is very spread out, but I don't think this is a bad thing. After all, who wants to be crammed in like sardines?

The only downside is that it feels a little remote in relation to the parks, so unless you have your own car, you will be very dependent on the shuttle buses.

However, Downtown Disney is very accessible by footpath, which can be a near-perfect evening stroll if you can summon the energy.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel 100%. It's far from the most expensive Disney resort, but it's among the best.

Pros:

Quiet, beautiful, fantastically welcoming

Cons:

A bit far from the parks

Review Of: Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria

Reviewer: SW7Dwarfs Review Date: 01/07/2013

We made a last minute trip to Epcot and did not make ADR. We walked up and were delighted to find that there was only a 10min wait for lunch. This was a pleasant surprise since it was prime time for lunch. We were seated within the 10 min.From there it went downhill. I have an allergy and notified them at the desk. The chef came over before we had even looked at the menu. He said that he would be back or the server could run my choices by him. I never saw him again. I put my trust in the server to check for my allergy but was also ordered very safe. I had a individual pizza and my husband ordered a pasta dish. My husband's pasta came out and he had almost finished eating before my pizza came out. He then had to sit while I ate. Not much for sharing our meal. I will say the pizza was very good but not the right size for an individual - it easily could feed two. The server never came back for refills on our drinks or to see if we needed anything. The manager came by and asked how everything was and left before we could answer. The server came back and put the check on the table and never even asked if we wanted to order dessert. Overall a big disappointment but the food was good. Wish they had a take out window to order the pizza.

Pros:

huge portions

Cons:

noisy service

Review Of: Old Key West Resort (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewer: slapps Review Date: 01/07/2013

We started our stay at Kidani Village for 5 days and then transferred to Old Key West on December 31st with our great friends from Upstate New York. This was our 2nd stay at this resort and we just love everything about it. The rooms are huge, we stayed in a two bedroom villa and it was wonderful. All of our needs were met and check-in was a breeze. The pool is a very nice perk of this resort. The bedrooms were huge and the beds wonderful.

The only problem we had was I paid part of our room tab on a Disney gift card we purchased for food and other items we charged on our room. I went to the front desk and spoke with a guest service member. I explained to her what I wanted to do, several times. I told her several times I wanted the $500.00 gift card applied to my room charges and did not want my credit/debit card charged. This was 8am. About 8:30pm I was looking at my checking account on-line and noticed a $500.00 charge on my account I thought it was a hold and it was from Disney. I then walked back to the front desk and asked why there was a hold on my card. The person I spoke with was Jerry. Jerry said you paid $500.00 at 8am this morning. To make a long story short the person in the am never charged my gift card, Even though I saw her swipe the card,I had in the mean time thrown my Disney Card in the outside garbage. I went and sifted through the garbage and found the card and had everything redone. I then had the charges reversed on my card and applied the Disney gift card. The thing that angered me was I asked at least 3 times when I did the transaction to make sure she understood. On the bright side Jerry was wonderful and the manager on duty that evening was great.

Even though I had a bad experience with cards it all worked out and I learned to never throw my gift cards out. Overall wonderful vacation and we love Old Key West.

Pros:

Cons:

Bad experience with front desk

Review Of: Animal Kingdom Lodge KIDANI Village (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewer: slapps Review Date: 01/07/2013

My family of four stayed for a total of five nights at Kidani Village. We checked in on December 26th, in a standard studio. When we arrived in the room, we tried to turn the TV on and found out the batteries were dead. I called the front desk and was told they would have a new remote delivered right away. 25 minutes later, I once again called the front desk and waited another half hour and then walked to the front desk to see why it was taking so long and finally did receive the remote about 2 hours later. We also reported twice that the toilet seat would not stay up, this was never taken care of before we checked out of that room.

The room itself was on the small side but, we thought very thoughtfully decorated. Our biggest complaint was the rooms were on the dark side. We also did not enjoy the beds, too high and soft. We checked into a studio savannah view on December 29th and out on the 31st. This room was very nice. It was a lot of fun watching the animals in the morning.

I must point out how helpful and nice the front desk was during our stay. Always very nice and polite. The biggest issue with Kidani Village and Animal Kingdom Lodge is that it seems to be far from most everything except Animal Kingdom. I am not sure we would stay here again. Although it is a wonderful resort, just not for us.

Pros:

Animals are very nice.

Cons:

Small rooms and a long bus ride from most parks.

Review Of: Columbia Harbour House

Reviewer: weluvwdw Review Date: 01/07/2013

The food was very good. My son had the lobster roll, my husband had the fried fish and I had the fried shrimp. We dined with my brother and sister-in-law who are from New England and they liked it too.

Pros:

nice sized portions, seafood

Cons:

kind of dark downstairs
1 933 934 935 936 937 947