Most Recent Reviews

Review of Diamond Horseshoe - Frontierland - Open Seasonally

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/18/2019

What to say, what to say? Our waiter was very nice and very attentive. From that it went downhill. If the food that we were served was the food that was on the menu when you looked under Diamond Horseshoe on line-then it might have been ok. I was expecting a low key rootin tootin saloon. Not to be.

Pros:

Server was great -the piano only played one time.

Cons:

Food needs worked on

Review of Plaza Restaurant

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/18/2019

We popped in here for a quick lunch. We have never been in The Plaza before. It was quite charming. We sat more in the alcove in the back-but walking through to our seats made you feel "back in the day". Decent menu with sandwiches and some main entrees-we both chose club sandwiches. Very good, fresh and piled high, came with fries. Desserts were good, my husband had a bread pudding-5 stars- and with the Plaza ice cream next door I had to try a Brownie sundae.

Pros:

Food plentiful and our server was great.

Cons:

As we were leaving I was sad because they give a performance every so often but try to ask for a seat in the main room-you would not be able to hear it in the back.

Review of Tusker House Lunch and Dinner Buffet

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/18/2019

My husband and I ate at Tusker House our first night of arrival. It is always a fun time especially if you have children because of the characters that come around to the tables. The buffet is plentiful with both American and some African dishes. Food is always tasty.

Pros:

The atmosphere is fun.

Review of Spice Road Table

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/18/2019

We visited Spice Road in March 2019. We wanted to try something new and we were pleasantly surprised. My husband and I both got the Chicken and Beef skewers and they were very tasty. They put a seven spice combo on the meat and it was fantastic. Waitress was great.

Pros:

Most of the restaurants we go to seating is mostly inside-this was a nice break as we could sit outside and look at the water.

Review of California Grill

Reviewed by Joskiemom Review Date: 04/18/2019

We had dinner at California Grill to celebrate my son's 21st birthday, there were 3 of us. Our server was Nancy whom we will request every time we return. She made great menu recommendations and I have to say her wine recommendations were stellar. We started by sharing three appetizers - the maki roll was skillfully prepared and melted in my mouth (yes, even the nori); the cured meat selection in the charcuterie provided a nice array of flavor and texture balances; we ordered a hand-formed pizza with hot hot peppers we all enjoyed, but the maki was so good I had to look at the menu just now to recall our third appetizer. My grilled pork tenderloin paired elegantly with the 2017 Clark and Telephone Pinot Noir, as did the bison and the beef my companions ordered. All three cuts of meat were tender and prepared skillfully, the seasoning of all three dishes elevated the meat. For dessert we enjoyed a port wine with the cheese platters, and shared a glass of 2013 Royal Tokaji among us. The cheeses were paired with individual accompaniments; the pairings, amplified by the port, were heavenly and we were laughing about how full we were and how conflicted we were about being so full. Oh, and did I mention the fireworks? Because the experience of watching the fireworks over MK was impeccable.

Pros:

We had an awesome server, which makes the experience that much better. Great wine cellar - we had the best wines we'd had on property at California Grill. We were on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so anxiety about the price of the meal was not an issue. We bought a bottle for the table out of pocket.

Cons:

We had no complaints or disappointments about California Grill.

Review of Be Our Guest - Counter Service Breakfast

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/18/2019

After several tries we were lucky to get a surprise -we got a reservation to the breakfast at the castle. We did not pre-order we wanted to experience ordering from the kiosk-( we are in our 60's and these services were not available the last time we went to WDW. It was very simple a cast member is there is case you need help. We both ordered the scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, comes with a cute tray of pastries. You sit at a table in one of the three rooms and they bring your breakfast to you in a rolling enclosed cart. You go to a beverage station and pick out your beverage. Food was very good. All three rooms were different.

Pros:

Food was very good and a nice variety.

Cons:

You just wish the beast would have taken a stroll by your table.

Review of Expedition Everest

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2019

Awesome ride!

Pros:

Speed, thrills, surprises!

Cons:

May be scary for younger children

Review of American Adventure

Reviewed by kws Review Date: 04/18/2019

We felt like we should like this - but didn't unfortunately. Half of us fell asleep!

Pros:

Great place to cool off and take a nap

Cons:

Long show

Review of Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini

Reviewed by kws Review Date: 04/18/2019

Fun, short roller coaster; great first coaster for little ones

Pros:

Fun for all ages!

Cons:

Very short ride, with sometimes a long wait

Review of Avatar Flight of Passage

Reviewed by kws Review Date: 04/18/2019

This ride is not just arguably the best in Walt Disney World, but perhaps the best ride I've ever been on! Not for the feint of heart, it is exhilarating and so much fun.

Pros:

Experience you won't find anywhere else - feels like you're really flying!

Cons:

The excessive wait times
1 2 3 4 5 6 993