Most Recent Reviews

Review of Maria and Enzo's Ristorante

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had dinner here for the first time on our last trip. Theming in the restaurant - it's meant to resemble the inside of an airport - was a little odd, but it was a nice, well-lit, circular space. Food was outstanding - Italian classics, and all at our table were very much enjoyed. Service was solid.

They also had what you might call entertainment throughout the floor. A man on stilts doing animal balloons (or whatever shape was requested - we saw someone get a Rolling Stones lips and tongue balloon at another table), and another man walked around playing the violin, taking requests. He performed what was likely the first-of-its-kind mash-up of Ave Maria and Baby Got Back for our table, and he really seemed to enjoy doing it.

Overall, a very good experience.

Pros:

Food, entertainment

Cons:

None, though the airport theme was weird

Review of Tony's Town Square Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had lunch here on our recent trip. I've been here a number of times, and while it's not amazing, I've never quite understood the bad rap this place gets. Food is always solid, and service has always been good as well. Same on this trip. Food is better at Skipper Canteen, I'll admit, but there is less on that menu that appeals than there is at Tony's. I don't go here every trip, but I'll return again for sure.

Pros:

Food, service

Cons:

None, really

Review of Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had dinner here a few years ago, and came away distinctly unimpressed. Tried it again on our recent trip, and it was worlds better. Pizza was delicious, though some may not have liked mine (it was burned a bit; I like it this way). Nice wine choices, the others in my party enjoyed their food as well, and service was outstanding.

An older gentleman, who seemed to be a kitchen manager of some sort, wandered over while our server was taking our orders. He was clearly from New York (we are from outside of Boston), and chatted with us for quite awhile, making fun of my daughter and her friend for having their hones at the table (my wife and I concurred, whole-heartedly). He gave us an app for free because he liked us. But the star was our server, a rather handsome young man from Sicily, who won the hearts of my teenage daughter and her equally-smitten teenage friend. They tried to keep their attractions secret by whispering about him, as if he didn't know what was up. He was a good sport, in addition to a great server, and even took a picture with the mortified young ladies after dinner.

Bottom line: it's good to give a place a 2nd chance!

Pros:

Pizza, heartthrob server, manager

Cons:

My pizza was burned a bit (I like it that way, but others likely would not)

Review of Chefs de France - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had lunch here on August 19. Our first time here. Our party of 4 was seated right away. Food and service were both very good. Not particularly crowded, which surprised me a bit. Well worth another visit.

Pros:

Food, service

Review of Rainforest Cafe

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had lunch here on August 22 with my wife, teenage daughter and her friend. It's a solid if unspectacular choice. Noticeably less crowded than usual; I suspect this is due to the new dining options in Pandora. Food and service here were decent enough.

Pros:

Food, service

Cons:

Food good, not great

Review of Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had lunch here on August 24. First time for my wife and my teenage daughter's friend. They loved the theme and movies. Three of us enjoyed the food; my wife did not, thus the rating of 7. But will try it again sometime.

Pros:

Theme, most of the food

Cons:

My wife's burger

Review of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had dinner here on August 18. Fried chicken is always delicious. My wife, teenage daughter, and her teenage friend all enjoyed their dinners as well. Server was into her role, but not too much. We were treated to an enthusiastic (read: awful, and intentionally so) singing of Happy Birthday to the table next to use. Always a fun choice.

Pros:

Food, servers in character

Cons:

Crowded waiting room

Review of Keys to the Kingdom - Magic Kingdom

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/25/2019

I love behind the scenes tours and information. I also love Disney, so I thought this tour would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, I found it EXTREMELY slow paced. If they cut the time of this tour in half, it still might be a bit too long. As others mentioned, the utilities were a real let down. It was just like being in an industrial hallway without windows. We saw pictures of the inside of the suite in Cinderella’s castle and had to continuously get out of cast members way that were hurrying through.

Pros:

Learned interesting facts and special access to some rides and areas.

Cons:

Too slow paced and found it boring much of the time.

Review of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by Lea Review Date: 08/24/2019

I absolutely love this dining spot for lunch. We always try to book it for our trips to Disney World and usually succeed. The staff is amazing in their individual roles and the food is fantastic! Mind you, I only ever order the Fried Chicken.

Pros:

Friendly staff, great food, interesting decor

Cons:

Review of Animal Kingdom Lodge JAMBO House (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewed by AlwaysDisneyDreamin Review Date: 08/24/2019

We recently spent 7 nights at the AKL & we really loved the hotel, it's beautiful! We booked a standard room & were fortunate enough to receive a newly renovated room with a savannah view. The room was spacious & clean. Our only complaints were that the pool area is very congested(not enough space, chairs packed in) & the service at the Mara(quick service) was lacking. The employees were very rude & and were visibly annoyed each time we were there, not a happy environment(not very Disney). We ate at Boma as well as Sanaa & both were AWESOME! We have eaten at Boma several times for dinner but this was our first for breakfast & it did not disappoint. I've seen some people post negatively about AKL being further from the parks but we didn't notice a difference at all. We drove our own car to the parks so it wasn't an issue for us. Overall it was a great experience & would definitely stay there again, our family of 4 loved it!

Pros:

Spacious & clean rooms & whole resort is beautiful!

Cons:

rude employees at the Mara
1 2 3 4 5 1,113