Most Recent Reviews

Review Of: Plaza Restaurant

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 03/01/2019

First time dining here with the family on 2/25/19. Our server was very attentive and funny. The staff let us walk outside to watch Happily Ever After fireworks, so we were not rushed at all. Overall good food and very clean restaurant. At least we did not pay $59+ per person at Be Our Guest.

Pros:

Great staff, clean, good comfort food.

Cons:

None really.

Review Of: Pecos Bill Cafe

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 03/01/2019

Not very good. We ordered the chicken and beef tacos, as well as the beef nachos. Food was served at just above room temperature. The dip for the nachos was cold. I loved this place when it was more of a burger bar, now it is just above a Taco Bell

Pros:

Cons:

Felt like an airport fast food chain.

Review Of: Be Our Guest Dinner

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 02/26/2019

Save your $$ or dining plan credits. This is not the restaurant it used to be! They have done away with everything we loved about this dining experience. I’ll list some of them, but just beware it HAS changed for the worse. No more rose shaped napkins, the luminary’s that the kids used to bring to the tables are gone, it’s price fixed at $60 for adults and $36 for kids no matter what you order, the awesome butter sauce on the steaks is gone as are the French fries, kids meals are nothing most kids would eat. I’ve ate at this restaurant 4 times prior, but now I have to say they will not see me again. The service is still great, but since the change to signature meal plan it’s a flop. I’m sure some people will love it, but most would agree the old meal plan was better.

Pros:

Service and atmosphere is still top notch.

Cons:

Food is average at best, price and kids offerings below par (this is Disney after all and kids are #1 customers)

Review Of: Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Breakfast

Reviewer: Challisgal Review Date: 02/26/2019

I've stayed at this resort three times and so have eaten there on more than one occasion. The basics, like the hamburger, are fine, but at breakfast, do not get the eggs. During the last trip (Feb 2019) got the biscuits and gravy, which comes with scrambled eggs. I've long resigned myself to powdered eggs at the quick service breakfasts, but they were not edible during this trip. Scrambled eggs are not supposed to have the texture of oatmeal. The biscuits were so dry that they fell apart - and not in a good way.

Pros:

Lunch and dinner are okay if you stick with the basics.

Cons:

Breakfast, especially the eggs

Review Of: Plaza Restaurant

Reviewer: Challisgal Review Date: 02/26/2019

Ate here in February 2019 and it was a disappointment. The check-in process was more cumbersome than it needed to be and I've been in Quick Service restaurants with better atmosphere. The club sandwich I had was subpar, mostly because the bread was hardly toasted. My friend had the cheese steak and said it was good. I'm glad I did it once, but won't be trying again.

Pros:

Air conditioning

Cons:

Loud and I didn't care for the club sandwich

Review Of: Gaston's Tavern

Reviewer: Challisgal Review Date: 02/26/2019

Cinnamon rolls are awesome. You can get extra frosting for free if you ask, but you won't need it.

Pros:

Cinnamon rolls!

Cons:

Limited seating

Review Of: Sunshine Seasons

Reviewer: Challisgal Review Date: 02/26/2019

Ate here twice during a February 2019 trip and was pleased both times. For dinner had the slow roasted pork loin - the meat was very good and the portion size was huge. The staff was friendly and willing to substitute a side for me. Unfortunately, the texture of the corn muffin was strange. The second trip was breakfast. Just eggs and accompaniments, but far better than the resort I stayed out. (Port Orleans French Quarter.)

Pros:

Good quality and substantial portions

Cons:

Can get a little loud

Review Of: Polite Pig

Reviewer: Challisgal Review Date: 02/26/2019

The food was awesome and I thought it was a great value for a Quick Service on the dining friend. My friend got the baby back ribs and said they were the best she'd ever had. I got the pork shoulder and it was good, if a bit fatty. The atmosphere was casual, but not rushed and the choice of BBQ sauces was awesome. This will definitely be a spot we revisit.

Pros:

Great food Great value

Cons:

Pork shoulder was a bit fatty

Review Of: Be Our Guest -Counter Service Lunch

Reviewer: Challisgal Review Date: 02/26/2019

My travel friend loves this restaurant and insists on it every trip. I'm not quite as in love with it. The menu hasn't changed in years, but at least there are real plates and silverware, you can get your own refills and it's air conditioned. We usually eat in the music box room, which seems a little quieter than the others, but overall this place seems overrated to me.

Pros:

Real plates and silverware Can get own refills Air conditioning

Cons:

Menu hasn't changed appreciably in years Can be loud

Review Of: Oceaneer Club and Lab

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 02/25/2019

My son had a great time. He never wanted to leave.

Pros:

Lots of different activities.

Cons:

None really