Reviews of Rainforest Cafe

View Menus at Rainforest Cafe Dining Location

Breakfast Menu

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney Springs Marketplace

Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/rainforest-cafe-downtown-disney/lunch-dinner
Child's Menu:

Reviewed by Mhines507 Review Date: 10/11/2016

We had 11 am reservations and they had no one able to check us in until a quarter after. If that was all it would have been fine but we ended up spending another two hours inside the restaurant to eat lunch. It was so painful. We also know that it isn't a Disney Restaurant and we did not need to be told this every time the waiter stopped at the table. The food was the only good thing but by the time we got done it did not do anything to make the experience better. I don't think we should have planned on spending over two hours for lunch, when we had reservations, at this location. If you want to plan anything else in your day, avoid this location.

Pros:

Cons:

Wait time and time spent in restaurant

Reviewed by chrisfam4 Review Date: 04/11/2013

My family dined here on 4/1 for dinner. It was a special request as a birthday dinner by one member of our party. We were about 15 minutes late for our 6PM reservation but that quickly turned into 30 minutes as we got in the wrong line for check in. There needs to be overhead signs for standby and reservations. We were seated an hour after our reservation time. Strike one! We were in the gorilla room in a back corner but really there are very few bad tables. Our waitress Valerie was awesome. She tried very hard to fulfill every request. She was attentive and offered to bring the kids meals ASAP which was much appreciated. Our meals however were severly delayed and we didn't eat for at least 45 minutes after we ordered. Strike two. We had a minor roach issue - on the floor, NOT the food - strike three. A manager was sent over. She appologized profusely and offered to comp our appetizers and give us a free Volcano dessert. By this time we just wanted to leave. It was our first night and thankfully we were too happy to be "in the world" to let it dampen our spirits. It is the LAST time we will visit this restaurant.

Pros:

Neat setting/atmosphere

Cons:

wait, food, prices

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 09/29/2018

Would never ever go back here again! First time we went we really enjoyed. Following year we went and it was like day and night! Server kept trying to sell us some kind of rewards/pointsnprogram all night long making us very uncomfortable! Food was horrible this time around. So bad that it was inedible for my son who ordered crabcakes as he was a vegetarian. He said they tasted weird and my Husband tried a piece and said same. Oh boy. By end of night the two were vomiting and running to bathroom all night and the following 2 days ruining our trip! Can you say food Poisoning! I can !
Never ever again!

Reviewed by omalley1118 Review Date: 11/02/2014

I made my online reservation, like all Disney obsessed people, at the earliest possible day. Our reservation was for 7:30 last night. I checked in at 7:05 and was told they were "running a bit behind". I went back at 7:50 and was told they weren't sure when they could seat us. At 8:10 I was told "I am not sure when we can seat you, but there are at least 8 parties ahead of you." I have a broken foot and am wearing a boot cast. I need to NOT stand that long. The only seating is outside where it's cold. At that point, we gave up and ordered pizza back at Kidani.

Pros:

Cons:

Not run well, didn't honor reservation

Reviewed by mrsfarrellhob Review Date: 02/11/2013

I am never eating here again! The "natural" (aka vegetarian) burger smelled like feet and tasted worse. And it was served with what I'm pretty sure were potato chips from a bag.

The service was friendly and attentive, but it did nothing to make up for the terrible and OVER PRICED food! I paid $20 w/ tip for a sandwich and a drink. That night, I paid $26 w/ tip for a MEAL and drink at a sit-down restaurant.

Pros:

Bar seating, service

Cons:

Food, prices