Reviews of Rainforest Cafe

View Menus at Rainforest Cafe Dining Location

Breakfast Menu

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney Springs Marketplace

Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/rainforest-cafe-downtown-disney/lunch-dinner
Child's Menu:

Reviewed by Lora Neville Review Date: 10/01/2018

Love eating breakfast here

Pros:

Fun

Cons:

Non

Reviewed by bethocindigo Review Date: 10/20/2016

So we decided we were SICK of mediocre Disney Quick-Service food options after 4 days and wanted to go to Disney Springs and enjoy some REAL food for lunch before we had to make the 8 hour trek back home by car through 3 states.

I REALLY wanted to eat here as we have done it before a few times a few years ago and it was a SUPERB dining choice with super-fresh seafood and 4 star quality entrée selections. The receptionist told us that early in the morning (11 ish) there would be a 45-60 minute wait or we could be seated directly at the bar. We were starving and chose the bar option. The seats are high stools on colorfully-painted animal backsides. Too-funny, but a bit wooden and stiff. As we walked closer to the bar we noticed that there were TABLE, after TABLE, after TABLE which were empty in the dining section. OK, so they don't have waiters and waitresses working until noon? Annoying.

We ordered mixed drinks in souvenier glasses and they were absolutely delicious and very well made. Then I got the large appetizer platter which comes with guac, fried cheese, chicken tenders, crab dip, and southwest eggrolls. I highly recommend the crab dip; it is out of this world!

Our son ordered the bacon cheeseburger and it is VERY thick and big. He could not eat very much of it so I took it home. Tastes FABULOUS! My husband had the Prime Rib steak which comes with butter on top. If you're allergic, ask them to leave it off or take a pill.

Overall, this is a GREAT place with an animatronic Rainforest-themed animal show that comes to live every 20 minutes and the food is to DIE for. Just make sure you get reservations or you'll be waiting a long time.

Pros:

delicious drinks, food, and atmosphere

Cons:

reservations are a MUST or you'll be stuck at the bar in a stiff stool

Reviewed by sreynolds5 Review Date: 02/20/2015

We really enjoyed our lunch here on our last day at Disney. We were able to get a reservation for 11 a.m. the night before we ate there. The restaurant opens at 11 a.m., so this turned out to be a low crowd time. Because we were eating early, we skipped breakfast. We were seated right on time and our server was pleasant and very efficient. We ordered Rainforest burgers and a Turkey Club with a Chocolate Volcano for dessert -- enough for the 4 of us to share! Everything was delicious. A nostalgic experience for us, since we had not been in this restaurant since our now teenage children were young enough to be frightened by the thunderstorms:) Were also pleased to find a couple of nice t-shirts in the gift shop for just $15 each.
Just can't think of 1 thing to complain about -- so it's a 10!

Pros:

Fun Atmosphere, Good Food

Cons:

Pricey

Reviewed by parksutton Review Date: 06/08/2019

Nice really. We were seated quickly, I highly recommend jpining the Landry club as it allows you to bypass the line. If you jave kids they will love it.

We just had the volcano dessert thing which was delicious. Server was friendly. p

Pros:

Fast, Friendly

Cons:

None really

Reviewed by kelhalmom Review Date: 12/23/2014

I'm surprised that the reviews here are as low as they are. I had an ADR, but didn't need one bc I am a member of Landry's Select Club. You are treated almost like royalty, so that's fun. Our meal was good as well. My children loved the theming and the fish. We will def come back.
The only con I have is that when we requested our check it took a little while to get to us. They were very busy though!

Pros:

Animals fun, theming awesome, food good

Cons:

wait on check

Reviewed by shell51569 Review Date: 04/19/2019

I really enjoyed this place. Kids loved it. Very unique dining experience. Animatronic animals moving and rainstorm in the background. A lot of fun

Pros:

Atmosphere is outstanding with or without kids.

Cons:

Food is just average and very busy

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 07/17/2017

We had reservations for 4 after our plane landed in Orlando on June 28th. I think our reservation was for about 11:30, and we were seated as soon as we checked in. The service was very good and the food was just ok. I expected this, having dined at Rain Forest Cafe numerous times. We hadn't been there in awhile, and my 17 year old twins really wanted to go back...It's fun to do once or twice, but with all the other options in Disney Springs, this one will take a back seat...

Pros:

Location

Reviewed by angiem0217 Review Date: 02/19/2014

We were on the DDP and ate here for lunch. My 6 year old loved all the animals and the food was really good. We had a good waitress and really enjoyed our lunch. We had ADR and still had to wait for 25 minutes. They have a cool gift shop so it was not a big deal.

Pros:

food, atmosphere

Reviewed by Ldk72 Review Date: 05/12/2013

Having the Landry's card allowed us almost immediate seating both times we ate here. Very good service and our servers always accommodated changes to the menu. The awesome appetizer is not only good, but literally it becomes an entree instead of an appetizer for up to two people. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very fun and vibrant in color. Its become a tradition to eat here every time we are @ Disney.

Pros:

quick seating

Reviewed by nursenita Review Date: 11/29/2013

Just not for us. Did not enjoy the food, a lot of food but not good.

Pros:

did not have to wait long

Cons:

food,